Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 8th Jul 2021 at 1:36 AM
Default Rec Centre - Feedback wanted
Hi guys,

I've made a Rec Centre for the Sims 4. I would like suggestions to help make it better, particularly on what to use the empty spaces for.

I was thinking a conference centre, and a gardening plot - the cafe could be organic (at least in theory). The soccer pitch could be improved or disappear.

Let me know if you need more photos or the lot itself.

Cheers
Screenshots

Everything is ok in the end. If it's not ok, then it's not the end.
Advertisement
Staff - Moderator
staff: moderator
#2 Old 8th Jul 2021 at 3:24 AM
Quote: Originally posted by CrazySheep808
Hi guys,

I've made a Rec Centre for the Sims 4. I would like suggestions to help make it better, particularly on what to use the empty spaces for.

I was thinking a conference centre, and a gardening plot - the cafe could be organic (at least in theory). The soccer pitch could be improved or disappear.

Let me know if you need more photos or the lot itself.

Cheers

Your screenshots need to be taken a lot closer and focused straight down from above to see the floorplan. Some eye level screenshots may help also. Otherwise, I am not sure anybody is going to be able to discern what you already have and what you might want in your building.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 8th Jul 2021 at 5:21 AM
Quote: Originally posted by fascisthater
Your screenshots need to be taken a lot closer and focused straight down from above to see the floorplan. Some eye level screenshots may help also. Otherwise, I am not sure anybody is going to be able to discern what you already have and what you might want in your building.

That's fair. Here are some better ones - thanks!

Staff - Moderator
#4 Old 8th Jul 2021 at 3:17 PM
That's fair. Here are some better ones - thanks!

Those screenshots are a whole lot better and I can see you have quite a number of activities for your sims participate in! I'm not sure how much more input on activities I could contribute to your creation.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 10th Jul 2021 at 11:47 PM
Thank you, that's very kind. If I were to upload it as is, would it be approved? What would I have to change?

Staff - Moderator
#6 Old 11th Jul 2021 at 9:29 PM
Thank you, that's very kind. If I were to upload it as is, would it be approved? What would I have to change?

You are welcome.
There are several moderators so I can't speak for all but I do know that being able to see creations clearly is a key component of approvals.

Your floorplan shots of the entire structure seem good as they allow you to see where rooms are located in your structure- I would suggest to add to that straight overhead floorplan shots of each room(make sure each room is well lit to be able to see).

I think if you were going to have some empty/sparsely decorated rooms(i would try to decrease the number of those) in an otherwise decorated structure you would need to explain in description why they are empty(such as this room is left empty on purpose for for downloader to add their own custom room.

I would also look over these Lots & Housing guidelines on this page - https://modthesims.info/rubrics/forum/143/
Theorist
#7 Old 14th Jul 2021 at 7:40 PM Last edited by Victor_tor : 14th Jul 2021 at 7:58 PM. Reason: aww a little bit more words
May I put my two cents in? I think the suggestion by fascisthater is good. However... I see you are not just have some rooms empty. But also some firnishings kinda sparse.

I took a look to your screenshots and I have some things you could to add there.
-2 level: hall can be furnished with more items from spa day. I think that would fit for a bunch of manicure chairs
-1 level: empty boxing zone could be furnished with boxing ring. Made as floor square a bit lifted with barrier rope fencing. A bar stand can be placed in the resting zone. I think that would fine because bar offers drinks that different from espresso bar. Or you can make it with fully equipped kitchen likewise in San Mushyno. Extra seatings could make it look more like cafe.
Ground floor: empty room could be used for direcor's office or staff rooms. Yeah the enterance is far enough, but those space would not be planned for quests' use. Sims should not come here to make business, right? This is a Sports Center after all. Some desks with PCs would be fine.
2nd floor: prepare it for kids only ^_^ Something like you has for toddlers in the ground floor, but for children or teens. Depending on packs that you have. If you has Parenthood or Kids Room Stuff, then you'll denitely find anything fitting. Make it a huge playground or place for pinball, or console games, or Voidcritter Battle Station. Anything to make kids business while adults are at yoga or spa.

For your best I suggest you to:
1) look through this topic https://modthesims.info/rubrics/category/110/ that is special about lot requirements and firnishings.
2) look through similar creations already submitted. For example this one https://modthesims.info/d/635449/gr...rts-center.html

Regards. Vic ^_^

Here you can see more of my creations and conversions for sims 3. ;) I`ll glad to see your comments in.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 16th Jul 2021 at 4:15 AM
Wow that's really helpful, thank you so much! I will see what I can find