Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd Feb 2021 at 12:44 PM
Default Tattoos look okay in the Sim studio but they look too bright in the game.
If you ever downloaded tattoos from this website for the sims 2 and/or sims 3. Chances are you downloaded some of my creations. I've been out of the modding scene for quite some time, but found myself with some extra time on my hands in 2020.
So i decided to have a go at creating my own tattoos for the sims 4.

However for some reason I can't get it right, they look overly bright and reflective in the game, even when I turn the brightness down a lot.

Does anyone have any idea what the issue could be? Or how I could fix it... I'm good at photoshop and understand the art of tattooing, but I have little experience with modding for the Sims 4...

Picture
Advertisement
Theorist
#2 Old 16th Apr 2021 at 7:44 PM
Hello Jonas! Glad to see you are active. I liked your creations back in a days and used your tatoos made for sims 3. Thank you very much for this.
However I can't help you here is anything cause I am done with creating for Sims 4. It doesn't warm my heart any more so I am totally droned with other Sims games nostalgy. But I decided just to step by and say hi.
Regards Vic ^_^

Here you can see more of my creations and conversions for sims 3. ;) I`ll glad to see your comments in.
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 12th May 2021 at 12:04 AM
That's the exact reason I don't use any tattoos on my Sims. They look like body paint, not tattoos.

I'm thinking of exporting the files, then experimenting with transparency. Hoping this will tone them down a bit and make them blend with the skintone a bit better.

Quote: Originally posted by XJonasX

However for some reason I can't get it right, they look overly bright and reflective in the game, even when I turn the brightness down a lot.

Does anyone have any idea what the issue could be? Or how I could fix it... I'm good at photoshop and understand the art of tattooing, but I have little experience with modding for the Sims 4...

Picture