Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 8th Aug 2021 at 10:33 AM
Default Feedback wanted please! - Modernline Triple "Camper"
Hello fellow simmers!
I've never, ever had the desire to share a build or anything before, until now. I was recently playing around with the base game debug boat trailer, and ended up with this... and I am absolutely obsessed with this lot (and that debug boat trailer!).
I'm wondering if this is download-worthy... please PLEASE be honest! Creating this lot was incredibly challenging (quite possibly the most challenging build I've ever done, especially since it's placed diagonally)... as I am usually all about gameplay. Building this lot has inspired me to continue building camper-type lots... so much so that I've even come up with a "brand" for my campers... Simfleet!
I playtested the lot with my simself, everything is functional/accessible... aside from the cooler in the truck bed and the generator on the trailer tongue, which were meant to be just décor anyway (but of course could be moved to make them functional). The hanging wall shelf/dresser (from DHD) in the single bedroom is also not accessible, however, that is also meant to be just décor which is why there is also a regular accessible dresser in that room.

Alright, moving on... here is the full description::
This little modern camper - the Modernline Triple by Simfleet - sits on the 20x30 Dachshund's Creek lot in Brindleton Bay, and can kind-of comfortably sleep 3.
The main sleeping/living area features a slide-out (supports underneath included!) that holds the pull-out Murphy bed/loveseat, which sits across from the TV/stereo/bookshelf combo wall unit. Off to the right of the living area is a little kitchenette, complete with enough space for coffee, cooking, and sims can even bake to their hearts' desire in the mini convection oven. To the left of the living area is a small dining nook, with seating for 2.
Down the hall at the other end of the camper, is the bathroom and a single bedroom/study. The bathroom is situated into a 1x1 space, but don't be fooled... it features all of the usual bathroom amenities. The toilet/sink combo (CC made by K9DB) fits snugly next to the open shower unit, kindly separated by a glass wall divider to prevent those pesky water splashes. Since this is a camper, and doors are heavy... the bathroom comes equipped with a privacy curtain. No need to worry - it's peek-proof (and semi-mold resistant)!
To the left of the bathroom is a small single bedroom... also equipped with privacy curtains. It features a single loft bunk with a desk and chair underneath, and a dresser nestled in the corner next to the desk.
The camper is accessible via a slide-out deck and pull-out stairs, and has a 1-sim seating area on the deck (with a super-cool-eco-friendly awning!).
The lighting is set up for either on or off grid, and this modern on-the-go home even comes with a portable generator*. Did we mention the 2 solar panels and satellite dish on the roof?
Disclaimer: satellite dish may or may not work, not responsible for "strange" encounters.
*Generator not functional unless it's moved first.

Lot Details:
Modernline Triple by Simfleet
Lot: Dachshund's Creek/Brindleton Bay
Lot Size: 30x20
Lot Type: Tiny Home Residential - Tier 3
Price: $30,762
In-Game Lot Description:
Introducing the very first camper in the Modernline Series by Simfleet - the Triple will get you where you need to be. The Triple comfortably sleeps 3, featuring a slide-out with a double pull-out Murphy bed in the main living area situated between the roomy kitchenette and the dinette for 2. Located in the front of the camper is the single bedroom, equipped with a loft bunk and cozy study desk underneath. Enjoy your home away from home today with the Modernline Triple! Basic amenities included.
Packs Used:
Snowy Escape, Eco Lifestyle, Discover University, Island Living, Get Famous, Seasons, Cats & Dogs, City Living, Get Together, Get to Work, Dream Home Decorator, Journey to Batuu, Realm of Magic, StrangerVille, Jungle Adventure, Parenthood, Spa Day, Outdoor Retreat, Paranormal, Tiny Living, Backyard Stuff, Cool Kitchen Stuff
Landscaping items are mostly debug, boat trailer used is base game debug
CC Used:
Modern toilet/sink combo by k9DB: https://modthesims.info/d/637476/mo...sink-combo.html
Rectangle Window - 1 tile by Sandy@ATS: https://sims4.aroundthesims3.com/walls/set_02.shtml

Small note about the photo/object quality - I play on a 10 year old HP laptop with integrated graphics... so, if you noticed how the edges of objects and stuff aren't smooth, that's literally how it looks in my game due to my settings. I have sim detail set to high, everything else is set to low... otherwise it gets too laggy/choppy. I could, however, attempt to change the settings just for screenshot purposes if that would make a difference.

Anyway... thanks for reading/looking... please let me know what you think! ALL feedback is wanted and very much appreciated!
Advertisement
Theorist
#2 Old 10th Aug 2021 at 10:26 AM
I don't like huge windows here. Usually huge windows in campers are limited. It has little windows in upper part of the wall to light the loft. Even there is something behind, it has another window opening. But you also have huge windows behind murphy bed and huge windows behind kitchen counters... Maybe you could choose smaller windows?

Here you can see more of my creations and conversions for sims 3. ;) I`ll glad to see your comments in.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 10th Aug 2021 at 2:16 PM
Default Reply
Thanks for the advice. This isn’t supposed to be a “usual” camper though, it’s supposed to be eco-friendly and able to be used off the grid if the player so chooses. Hence the big windows, especially the one behind the Murphy bed since it has bill reduction properties. Most of the eco-friendly campers/tiny homes I found during a Google image search have pretty big windows.
This is the photo I used for inspiration for the build:

That being said, I’ve already built a more “usual” type teardrop fixer-upper camper (by request of a simmer in one of the FB groups I moderate) that does have the more usual boxy-type smaller windows. This one is themed around a rags to riches storyline and is meant to be updated as the player goes along. See below:

Thank you for your feedback, I appreciate it!
Screenshots
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 11th Aug 2021 at 10:29 AM
Bumping... I’d really like to hear some thoughts. I’ve built a few others since I built this one, all different in their own ways. I feel like I’m in my groove with these little campers and I’d really like to share them with the community.
Theorist
#5 Old 11th Aug 2021 at 1:23 PM
Ah. Okaay. Never seen such campers with huge windows. What searching platform u use? What do you type in searching bar? I'd like to find sonething similar.

Here you can see more of my creations and conversions for sims 3. ;) I`ll glad to see your comments in.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 12th Aug 2021 at 5:01 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Victor_tor
Ah. Okaay. Never seen such campers with huge windows. What searching platform u use? What do you type in searching bar? I'd like to find sonething similar.

I use Google for searches, since I have a Google Drive and Google email... my default search engine is Google. It’s just easier since everything integrates.
As for my search keywords, I’ve searched a few different ways. Eco trailer, eco-friendly camper, diy camper, diy travel trailer. There’s some pretty interesting and creative stuff out there, especially the “do-it-yourself” campers/trailers.
Field Researcher
#7 Old 14th Aug 2021 at 12:37 AM
Hi. I'm not sure what kind of feedback you want but I think it looks nice, modern and fresh.
I rarely download other's builds though, I'm too particular: I don't like builds made with move object cheat, I don't use cc, I want everything to be accessible and most importantly the idea of the build to be with gameplay in mind not just aesthetics, and I usually have a very clear idea of what I want, which I rarely find when looking, and lastly I just enjoy building very much as playstyle.
But your trailer looks like the picture, and very realistic and well done, so I'm sure someone will want it if you upload it.
Rabid Recoloring Renegade
retired moderator
#8 Old 14th Aug 2021 at 11:48 AM
The real life pic is interesting, and you've executed the inspiration really well! I'd definitely upload it and see how it goes. Just remember that if it comes back changes required it's just a way to ensure everything is working right and follows the upload guidelines HERE.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 15th Aug 2021 at 9:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Simmiller
The real life pic is interesting, and you've executed the inspiration really well! I'd definitely upload it and see how it goes. Just remember that if it comes back changes required it's just a way to ensure everything is working right and follows the upload guidelines HERE.

Thank you for your response. I do playtest my lots to ensure everything works and is accessible, and I try to build with playability in mind since I usually use my own lots. I appreciate your feedback!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#10 Old 15th Aug 2021 at 9:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by andes
Hi. I'm not sure what kind of feedback you want but I think it looks nice, modern and fresh.
I rarely download other's builds though, I'm too particular: I don't like builds made with move object cheat, I don't use cc, I want everything to be accessible and most importantly the idea of the build to be with gameplay in mind not just aesthetics, and I usually have a very clear idea of what I want, which I rarely find when looking, and lastly I just enjoy building very much as playstyle.
But your trailer looks like the picture, and very realistic and well done, so I'm sure someone will want it if you upload it.

Hi, thank you for your response! I guess I was mainly wondering if it is download-worthy. I've never shared lots before and have never really been good or creative at building, but I was extremely proud of this lot and the other camper lots I've built so far.
I totally get what you mean about your preferences, and I understand that. I've never really understood why people build and nothing is useable either... so while I do use MOO, I build with my simself on each lot to ensure everything works and is accessible by sims.
I wound up making a Simblr to post my campers, and the second one I built (the one I shared in my reply to Victor) ended up taking off far more than I ever expected.

Again, thanks for your feedback! I really appreciate it!
Field Researcher
#11 Old 16th Aug 2021 at 12:19 AM
You are welcome! I think your build looked really good, and I certainly believe that it is worth uploading, and that many will like them, and I think the 'fixer-upper' concept is very appealing, so I'm not surprised the other build is popular. The diagonal stairs are quirky and adds to the build. And I think moo is fine as long as everything is playtested.
Theorist
#12 Old 23rd Aug 2021 at 12:34 PM Last edited by Victor_tor : 23rd Aug 2021 at 1:08 PM. Reason: Reason for Editting
Hmm. I thought you also post it for troubleshooting. Sure it is download worthy!

First you need to test it with routing and accessibility and make sims live there in at least one day. Some players will download and keep silence but that is great reason to avoid reports in comments.

Then make screenshots of lot. But choose wisely. There should be no trees in the views that will cover your facades! You could clean the surrounding in previous games. Here you can't!!! You can't clean surrounding so choose lots that has best views and sun angles. I think the best are in base game neighborhoods. And Fogotten Hollow and vacation hoods are worst. First is too dark, second are too shady and full of trees.

Then carefully collect all custom content in one folder or carefully post link to cc that was used. That's necessary because ts4 is much custom content unfriendly game! You has no any way to share cc with your lot but collect it manually((((

Copy all files when done. There will be 8 files. Don't rename it! You could do it oin other Sims games. Here you can't!!((( Leave all those weird letters and pack it. Then you are ready for writing a thread. And there is a guide there in wizard so you will need to follow it.

So as you see it's not that hard. You already done most of job. So you don't need to care of it too much
Regards Vic ^_^

Lab Assistant
#13 Old 3rd Sep 2021 at 6:06 PM
I think it is really cool and would love for it to be downloadable. I have made things like this before as well but this looks really great! Small question though, could you use a platform with a bed and a ladder in place of the bunk bed? Not sure if that is what the inspiration had or not. Any ways really cool. If you do share it please also share it as a room so that we can add it with other such campers/trailers.
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 6th Sep 2021 at 12:54 AM
The huge windows are more appropriate for a "park model" or semi-movable tiny home. Not something that is regularly hauled down the highway.

That's what seems out of whack to me. If it has big windows, it shouldn't have a large, prominent trailer hitch, because it isn't going to be regularly hauled down the highway. Because larger standard windows are liable to be damaged or broken going down the road. Also, with the less mobile 'tiny homes" vs. campers, the propane tank, generator and so on, are more likely to be removed from the trailer frame and placed on the ground when set up in it's location.

I presume its made with Tiny Living? I don't have that pack, so I don't know whether the trailer tongue is adjustable or even removable.
Theorist
#15 Old 10th Sep 2021 at 3:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lowflyer
The huge windows are more appropriate for a "park model" or semi-movable tiny home. Not something that is regularly hauled down the highway. That's what seems out of whack to me. If it has big windows, it shouldn't have a large, prominent trailer hitch, because it isn't going to be regularly hauled down the highway. Because larger standard windows are liable to be damaged or broken going down the road.

Windows can be closed with roll shutters when move the trailer. Probably you couldn't use the trailer when move it. At least to walk in moving campers is out of law in some states of US.
Also, with the less mobile 'tiny homes" vs. campers, the propane tank, generator and so on, are more likely to be removed from the trailer frame and placed on the ground when set up in it's location.

They could be placed anywhere actually. But outdoors is for fire safety. When you will watch any trailer plans, propane tanks and generators placement even not mentioned there. Anyways I saw they use special under counter boxes for it with shutters to outside. So they could be even indoors and not visible.
I presume its made with Tiny Living? I don't have that pack, so I don't know whether the trailer tongue is adjustable or even removable.

It is. I see it. But base with wheels I guess is not from it. It is merely the frame piece of wheel base to move ships. It's one of debug objects that came from get famous or something.

e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#16 Old 10th Sep 2021 at 4:27 PM
@cmarie87 I think this is definitely download-worthy; it looks like your source picture, you've considered the practicalities of having a sim live in it, and- it looks great! :lovestruc:
Test Subject
#17 Old 1st Mar 2022 at 6:39 AM
This is really cool--I don't suppose you'd be willing to try out modular homes/true mobile homes in addition to campers would you? It seems to easy to find campers on the gallery or even very broken down/crappy singlewide "trailers", but nothing in the range that I'm used to where I live, much less with variation and cool detail like you have here.
Blenderized to Pieces
retired moderator
#18 Old 26th Mar 2022 at 6:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by cmarie87
Hello fellow simmers!
I've never, ever had the desire to share a build or anything before, until now. I was recently playing around with the base game debug boat trailer, and ended up with this... and I am absolutely obsessed with this lot (and that debug boat trailer!).
I'm wondering if this is download-worthy... please PLEASE be honest!

Wow! You've put a lot of thought into this. It looks like something right off of Tiny House Nation. Good job! I'd say the only thing I do not care for is the sink right on top of the toilet. I know you placed that because of space limitation but it's an esthetic thing for me PLUS you can't really get close enough with that bowl in front of it. I think Sims would holler if they tried to use that sink. :D

Oh! I'd also add that that huge window behind the Murphy bed is kind of wasted. It would be good for other furniture placements but that bed hides it and the light. I'd pop in a high window behind that bed. Structurally, that extra-large window breaks the integrity of that wall so if it serves no purpose I'd replace it with a smaller - high window. That's just my opinion though.

Good work! I'd add it to my game. :D