Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

"WallWindows" glass set V.3

by Numenor Posted 17th Jun 2005 at 1:48 AM - Updated 10th Nov 2008 at 8:45 AM by Numenor : Fixed inline image

884 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 851 Feedback Posts, 32 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 3 of 36
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#51 Old 18th Jun 2005 at 2:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Fat D
I was the one who informed her ^^

<hugz to Fat D>

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Forum Resident
#52 Old 18th Jun 2005 at 2:31 PM
i just posted that because of numenor(not numerator ^^)'s post.
Lab Assistant
#53 Old 18th Jun 2005 at 2:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Lil Gemma
plz can u do this in a zip file cuz i luv it n i wan it but i cant av a rar file cuz it dunt work on my comp xxx fanx

Link to download winrar- WinRAR 3.42 Trial
Lab Assistant
#54 Old 18th Jun 2005 at 3:49 PM
Although many people have already said it, i want to add my congratulations and thanks to Numenor. Some of your work is incredible (all is good) and greatly adds to our enjoyment of the game. Salve, Maestro
#55 Old 18th Jun 2005 at 6:53 PM
Just in case someone may not think to do it.

If you have installed any homes that these files may be in. You should run a scan with Clean installer. I found two files that were simply numbers and letters that Clean Installer found to be the older ones and needed to be removed. Thankfully a friend found this out and shared the news as I likely would not have thought to do it on my own.

So if anyone is having problems this could possibly be the reason.

Thanks Num, I am off to give them a go. Although I have faith in your work and know they will be a smash.

HUGS
April
Lab Assistant
#56 Old 18th Jun 2005 at 7:36 PM
Thx Professor!! One quick question...will recoloring the window also recolor the columns as well or do u need to do those seperately?

-B
Forum Resident
#57 Old 18th Jun 2005 at 7:43 PM
@april: did you get them through a lot?
@honey: they will
Mad Poster
#58 Old 19th Jun 2005 at 6:16 AM Last edited by niol : 11th Jan 2006 at 3:34 PM. Reason: clean-up of my junky speech... :P
A big bunch of thanks, now seamless and seamful versions are available, Numenor rocks!

Oh, it turns out that I just have to repack some of my lots only. Thanks for making things easier than ever...

Again, Merci, danke, thank you.... to Numenor
Test Subject
#59 Old 19th Jun 2005 at 9:38 AM
This is absolutely brilliant thankyou very much!
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#60 Old 19th Jun 2005 at 1:43 PM
I just want to point out that if anyone is thinking of downloading this new version to use with my various locking door hacks, it is essential to install the updated hack at the same time as the updated mesh. I just corrupted a lot (the game crashes) during my experiments where I had not done so. Fortunately it was a test neighbourhood I use specifically for this purpose.
Lab Assistant
#61 Old 19th Jun 2005 at 3:10 PM
hey Numenor, just wanted to shout a big thank you for the direct to Tiggy's site. Lots of nice clean lines, beautiful items she has there!
Lab Assistant
#62 Old 19th Jun 2005 at 5:15 PM
i know the question was asked earlier about the roof but i didnt see an answer where or how do you get the roofs for it.
thanks
Lab Assistant
#63 Old 19th Jun 2005 at 7:31 PM
diplacesims: The roof is not something you can download, its something you build using tiles (transparent or others), gardening edging and careful use of the boolprop constrainfloorelevation (false) cheat. If you go over to the building area you can look in the building tutorials section and find many good and easy to follow tuts for creating curved, domed roofs, bridges, archways etc. The transparent tiles you see in the first post and most often used can be found here
Forum Resident
#64 Old 19th Jun 2005 at 7:45 PM
the seamless version does not pick up recolors.
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#65 Old 19th Jun 2005 at 8:07 PM Last edited by Numenor : 20th Jun 2005 at 9:27 AM.
FatD - Since the two sets (standard and normal) are intended to be alternative, meaning that usually people install only the preferred one, I had to make them recolourable separately: the recolour for the standard set won't be used by the seamless one, an the opposite.
In each set, the recolours created for the main window will be available for the entire set (but not for the other set).

EDIT: Not true any more: see below

I've finally started my Journal. Information only, no questions.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

I *DON'T* accept requests, sorry.
Lab Assistant
#66 Old 20th Jun 2005 at 12:14 AM
thanks nectere i appreciate the info. plus i appreciate this whole website and its participants
Field Researcher
#67 Old 20th Jun 2005 at 3:25 AM
How fabulous! Thank you so much.
Forum Resident
#68 Old 20th Jun 2005 at 4:22 AM
i made the recolors for the previous set of walls. I wanted them to exist on the seamless version, too. how can we do this if there is no template available for the seamless version?
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#69 Old 20th Jun 2005 at 9:35 AM
19 JUNE - HOW TO CREATE RECOLOURS:
1) download the recolour template from Post #1 and unpack it in a work folder (NOT in the Downloads folder);
2) clone the template (DO NOT "Create recolour package") using SimPE's Object Workshop;
3) edit the texture inside your clone.

The recolour will be available for all the items in both the Standard and the Seamless set.

I've finally started my Journal. Information only, no questions.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

I *DON'T* accept requests, sorry.
Lab Assistant
#70 Old 20th Jun 2005 at 10:44 AM
Do you think you could make the seamless window with about a 1/4 cut off from the top and bottom? Like the one from sims 1 that was on a website called simorphor?
By the way thanx for this awesome window!
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#71 Old 20th Jun 2005 at 12:44 PM
I'm sorry, but I'm not going to add more items to the WallWindow set in the immediate future. Maybe you could ask Tiggy to create a particular frame having only an upper and a lower part (or you could create it by yourself).
Scholar
#72 Old 20th Jun 2005 at 2:00 PM
Numenor, I think these set are perfect and great. ^.^
Forum Resident
#73 Old 20th Jun 2005 at 3:03 PM
make a recolor that is covered in that area and give it the texture of your wallpaper.
Mad Poster
#74 Old 20th Jun 2005 at 5:54 PM Last edited by niol : 20th Jun 2005 at 6:18 PM.
Numenor,

I'm sorry to report that once I added the arch column and they never repond to the mouse any more. they're not deleted even if I build a wall across them with the transparent windows and then delete the wall and the window, they're still there! Guess, I'm gonna try to remove the column files from the download folder to remove them from the game later.

updated: strange, they still appear even the arch column files were removed! Yet, just move your mouse about a block away left/right to the column to grab them, I finally got them in this way...

By the way, will there be hidden doors just like the windows, so I can make invisible doors?

Thanks for your concern.
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#75 Old 20th Jun 2005 at 8:29 PM
Niol, you're right about the columns; I'm having the same problem, that is related to the column being off-center (in order to snap at the corner of the tiles, and not to its center, like the other columns).
If I move the column mesh, it would be probably easier to remove them, but it would be harder to place them; so, I don't know what to do...
I only know that if there is one or more sections of wall near the column, it wirtually impossible to pick it up; but even without any walls nearby it's hard to pick it up, because you don't have to click on the column, but on a point near the center of the tile (remember that the column is located at the corner of the tile).
Page 3 of 36