Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Asheville (Custom Scripting!) [BG Compatible - Read Desc!]

by cutupuss Posted 14th Aug 2019 at 4:26 PM - Updated 24th Sep 2019 at 10:37 PM by cutupuss

82 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 59 Feedback Posts, 22 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 4
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#26 Old 15th Aug 2019 at 10:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by grammapat
EEK! Tried to move bin family Douglas into house "1 Empire Road" - game crashed. Reloaded and tried to enter - crashed. So I assume problem is with house, not family.

When did you download it. I've brought out an update today which should fix the crash for the Ultimate Collection version

just tested it out with my new update and it worked
Mad Poster
#27 Old 16th Aug 2019 at 5:51 AM
I don't have Ultimate Collection. Also I tried to go to Ancient Ashes Supermarket - thinking that maybe there were graves there - and game crashed. Tried just going there without a sim - crashed. And so many people want to resurrect a sim...aren't there graves somewhere? PS: I've been rounding up townie kids (no parents) and found some strange things: they are all related per their "people I know" screen (sorry, whatever it's called), and that also shows they are related to some other townies. But on their family tree they are all alone. If this is deliberate, I can't figure out why (although some of them look alike). I think it's odd that Eve Wonder doesn't know her absent daughter - was that so she couldn't call her? And seems like Molly and her dead father should still be on Eve's tree.

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#28 Old 16th Aug 2019 at 9:49 AM
I don't have Ultimate Collection. Also I tried to go to Ancient Ashes Supermarket - thinking that maybe there were graves there - and game crashed. Tried just going there without a sim - crashed. And so many people want to resurrect a sim...aren't there graves somewhere? PS: I've been rounding up townie kids (no parents) and found some strange things: they are all related per their "people I know" screen (sorry, whatever it's called), and that also shows they are related to some other townies. But on their family tree they are all alone. If this is deliberate, I can't figure out why (although some of them look alike). I think it's odd that Eve Wonder doesn't know her absent daughter - was that so she couldn't call her? And seems like Molly and her dead father should still be on Eve's tree.

Molly is on Eves tree isn’t she? At least, I never removed ever from it.

And she’s she’s removed off of eves relationship screen so she can’t be called, but if you meet her again the relationship immediately goes back to being high.

There are no graves of some sims because it wouldn’t make sense for them to be in Asheville when they came from somewhere far away. (Like the edfu family)

They still have all their character data intact as I used the mod “no unlink on delete”

Townies end up disconnected from anyone as soon as they join a household as well as loosing all their memories, that might explain why they aren’t on some family trees.

All the other graves of recent ancestors are on the crepster lot. I think I’m just gonna remove the disk version because it’s from an update that has to many issues and will always fail to show storytelling images if played on a newer pack. The neighbourhood itself is not corrupted and shows up clear in hood checkers and sim PE.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#29 Old 16th Aug 2019 at 4:46 PM
So I've been playing for a day now and I love the neighborhood! Still can't find Molly though, guess I'll have to keep looking.
Mad Poster
#30 Old 16th Aug 2019 at 5:45 PM
The townie children (4 so far) are all 'moved in', and that's how I saw they were all related (to each other and some other townies). I removed the relationship. And no, Eve only shows Molly on her tree.

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#31 Old 16th Aug 2019 at 6:52 PM
The townie children (4 so far) are all 'moved in', and that's how I saw they were all related (to each other and some other townies). I removed the relationship. And no, Eve only shows Molly on her tree.

Wait sorry yes Molly should be the only one on her family tree. Her adopted daughter has her own parents on her family tree. But eve still considers her family.
Mad Poster
#32 Old 17th Aug 2019 at 1:41 AM
I had to go back and check again: Molly (and her dead father) are NOT on Eve's tree. FLOSS IS on (Eve has memory of adopting her)

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#33 Old 17th Aug 2019 at 2:14 AM
I had to go back and check again: Molly (and her dead father) are NOT on Eve's tree. FLOSS IS on (Eve has memory of adopting her)

Floss should not be on, mollys father isn’t on because he’s dead and they aren’t married anymore, molly should be there
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#34 Old 17th Aug 2019 at 3:44 AM
Found my problem thank for the mod
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#35 Old 17th Aug 2019 at 11:23 AM
Quote: Originally posted by MarioXMan
Found my problem thank for the mod

No worries
Mad Poster
#36 Old 18th Aug 2019 at 1:32 AM
Wonder if anyone else has tried to play the Ashes market? And had crashing?

Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#37 Old 18th Aug 2019 at 10:26 AM
Err, are there supposed to be graves on the Crepster's lot? It says they live in a graveyard, but I didn't see any graves :\

Anyway, thank you for the hood, it is quite cute and charming, I look forward to playing with it more!
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#38 Old 18th Aug 2019 at 1:11 PM
First of all, I'd just like to say that this hood is once again AMAZING. Looking at the different families, my wig flew off never to be seen again. All the stories are interesting and dramatic, I love it!
Secondly, I noticed that some sims - specifically the girls in the Edfu and Crepster families - have wants that are usually fears - Go to School and Sim Dies - and I was wondering if locking and completing these causes any unexpected results? They both display red but in the Wants panel, and while Go to School said it would take away 100 points the Sim Dies one displayed giving 10k points corectly.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#39 Old 18th Aug 2019 at 4:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Natpop
Err, are there supposed to be graves on the Crepster's lot? It says they live in a graveyard, but I didn't see any graves :\

Anyway, thank you for the hood, it is quite cute and charming, I look forward to playing with it more!

There’s no graves?? Wtf there’s supposed to be!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#40 Old 18th Aug 2019 at 4:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sugoisama
First of all, I'd just like to say that this hood is once again AMAZING. Looking at the different families, my wig flew off never to be seen again. All the stories are interesting and dramatic, I love it!
Secondly, I noticed that some sims - specifically the girls in the Edfu and Crepster families - have wants that are usually fears - Go to School and Sim Dies - and I was wondering if locking and completing these causes any unexpected results? They both display red but in the Wants panel, and while Go to School said it would take away 100 points the Sim Dies one displayed giving 10k points corectly.

Wants and fears shouldn’t be a problem. Just wait for it to reroll or complete it if you want
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#41 Old 18th Aug 2019 at 11:20 PM
So the graves are completely gone with the ultimate collection version, character data is still there though, does anyone know how I could bring them back?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#42 Old 19th Aug 2019 at 8:25 PM
My game loads the Ashes market lot without crashing and there are no missing graves. Otherwise, the notifications you added are clear, i think you did a good job !
To me, the Starr household is probably be the hardest to play with haha.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#43 Old 19th Aug 2019 at 10:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sepowo
My game loads the Ashes market lot without crashing and there are no missing graves. Otherwise, the notifications you added are clear, i think you did a good job !
To me, the Starr household is probably be the hardest to play with haha.

Thank you! I wish I could get to the bottom of the disappearing graves and crashes because the neighbourhood isn’t corrupted
Test Subject
#44 Old 22nd Aug 2019 at 3:27 AM
I'm really enjoying this town so far and have only played with the edfu family. I like to rotate my families by one season at a time. So far I keep getting the same notification about expanding the family and raising theos charisma points, which I did already. Is there suppose to be more? Am I suppose to be rotating sooner?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#45 Old 22nd Aug 2019 at 4:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by skytiva
I'm really enjoying this town so far and have only played with the edfu family. I like to rotate my families by one season at a time. So far I keep getting the same notification about expanding the family and raising theos charisma points, which I did already. Is there suppose to be more? Am I suppose to be rotating sooner?

No don't worry, play on your own time! The notifications will always pop up as long as theo is in the household, just remove it from your downloads folder once you've had enough
Test Subject
#46 Old 22nd Aug 2019 at 5:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by cutupuss
No don't worry, play on your own time! The notifications will always pop up as long as theo is in the household, just remove it from your downloads folder once you've had enough

awesome thank you! so only one script per household? or a new one pops up after he moves? love this hood so much btw, you did a great job
Lab Assistant
#47 Old 23rd Aug 2019 at 6:01 AM
Quote: Originally posted by cutupuss
So the graves are completely gone with the ultimate collection version, character data is still there though, does anyone know how I could bring them back?

i found this tutorial for bringing back dead sims https://pixel-trade.livejournal.com/26093.html

Could you possibly give me a list of the supposed-to-be-dead-and-buried sim's names? So I can have a slightly easier time finding their names in the summon menu...

Also, I moved the sim-bin families into households, and when getting Mr Humble's present out of the Douglas' inventory, I noticed they had a whole bunch of graves in there as well. Most of their ancestors were there. I took the graves out and plonked them in their yard. Perhaps the other families in the hood are the same? Though perhaps not, as this was probably a special case given they were from the sim-bin.

My simblrIcon credit
Test Subject
#48 Old 24th Aug 2019 at 6:53 AM
I moved in roger and he barely had any memories. I have the mod downloaded for the townies memories, he isnt the one we have to have the memories for right? if so is the mod for just the base game?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#49 Old 24th Aug 2019 at 10:32 AM
Quote: Originally posted by skytiva
I moved in roger and he barely had any memories. I have the mod downloaded for the townies memories, he isnt the one we have to have the memories for right? if so is the mod for just the base game?

That would be a problem with the notowniememory loss rather than a problem with the neighbourhood. Hmm, if is strange though, roger is the one with a few memories that kinda show what happened to Molly wonder. If he has any “went to university” or “kissed mystery sim” memories then that means the townie mod didn’t work.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#50 Old 24th Aug 2019 at 10:33 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Natpop
i found this tutorial for bringing back dead sims https://pixel-trade.livejournal.com/26093.html

Could you possibly give me a list of the supposed-to-be-dead-and-buried sim's names? So I can have a slightly easier time finding their names in the summon menu...

Also, I moved the sim-bin families into households, and when getting Mr Humble's present out of the Douglas' inventory, I noticed they had a whole bunch of graves in there as well. Most of their ancestors were there. I took the graves out and plonked them in their yard. Perhaps the other families in the hood are the same? Though perhaps not, as this was probably a special case given they were from the sim-bin.

Thank you for the link!

Also if you download the “disk” version I’m pretty sure all the graves are there but I wouldn’t play for long as that version has some problems loading lots with the ultimate collection
Page 2 of 4