Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#151 Old 26th Jun 2007 at 10:36 PM
Big thanks for reply. I'm just a beginner with this stuff so it will take some time when I understand all the clues. Anyway I really appreciate your help
Advertisement
Test Subject
#152 Old 6th Jul 2007 at 6:30 PM
Thank you so much for this.I have been a member for some time,but not able to share anything.I didn't know how.NOw I do thanx to you,maybe I'll share soon,when I get better and after more tutorals.
Test Subject
#153 Old 6th Jul 2007 at 9:21 PM
it worked first go thanks ever so much :D
Test Subject
#154 Old 11th Jul 2007 at 9:05 PM
Thanks for the tutorial..I´m totally a newbie with the recolors,but I´m good with Photoshop..so I´ve made a cute swimsuit at my first try :p

I'm sad but I'm laughing
I'm brave but I'm chicken shit
I'm sick but I'm pretty, baby
Test Subject
#155 Old 14th Jul 2007 at 8:54 PM
wow! I followed everything step by step and It worked out amazingly well... Thank you for helping me make my first custom content!
Test Subject
#156 Old 15th Jul 2007 at 9:19 AM
Photoshop
Quote: Originally posted by burntoast
how do i get "PHOTOSHOP"???

Photoshop is exspensive! If your stapped for cash like I am, there is a program called Artweaver, that is free, and I've found simular to use. I was able to follow the steps of this tute and got amazing resulty.
Test Subject
#157 Old 20th Jul 2007 at 3:25 AM
Default Many thanks!!
I just wanted to say Thanks! too, i just recolored a dress to a beautiful dark green, i love it!! Thanks so much, ill keep reading the tutorials, i may be uploading something soon...
Test Subject
#158 Old 4th Aug 2007 at 8:31 PM
Hey is there somthing else that i can use if I dont have PhotoShop?
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
#159 Old 4th Aug 2007 at 9:10 PM
xoSims_lx3rOx,

FAQ stickied at the top of the forum. GIMP is free, Paint.net is free. Both have tutorials, and once you've learned a bit how to use them, you can probably look at the other tutorials here also and do them for more variety in learning.

"Undertake something that is difficult; it will do you good. Unless you try to do something beyond what you have already mastered, you will never grow." - Ronald E. Osborn

Please do NOT PM me with requests, creation questions, or game help questions. Click for help:
Game Help | Create | Content List | Where Can I Find?
Test Subject
#160 Old 5th Aug 2007 at 3:23 PM
Thank you so much! Great tutorial, I've been wanting to do this for ages!
Test Subject
#161 Old 8th Aug 2007 at 8:07 PM
That was such a simple tutorial! I'm so glad I know how to recolour clothing and hair now. Thanks so much!
Test Subject
#162 Old 12th Aug 2007 at 3:55 PM
Default Thank You, But now I need to manufacture time!
Excellent tutorial. Thank you. I just upgraded my computer and was totally amazed by all the "stuff" I was missing in the as-is game of Sims 2 because the old computer was barely able to run it. So now I just got sucked into all the cool custom content that is available. Just by chance I ran across the intro to mod tutorials & thought I would see what was involved in doing something basic, like coloring. I figured "no way" could I do that, but I was just curious.

Your tutorial was clear & complete. The images helped. I dusted off my old PShop 7 that I haven't looked at in 7+ years and thought "what the heck." Within minutes I had a newly colorized outfit that one of my Sims modeled nicely.

Cool... So now I'm hooked and I may take back the "thank you"!!!!! Yikes, where does one find the time? In my very first outfit I tried the rainbow screen and got a nice ombre on the dress. Hm. The H&M "ruffled" short dress is my next adventure because the ruffles are just drawn in. Once I relearn PShop (time time time) I will be adding shadow, depth & highlights to those flat ruffles...

I'm supposed to work for a living...

PS The moderator is doing a great job & I particularly enjoy the "read the article!!!" replies.
Lab Assistant
#163 Old 23rd Aug 2007 at 6:50 PM
yay thank you so much ive been wanting to learn how to do this for a long long time!!
Test Subject
#164 Old 24th Aug 2007 at 2:23 AM
Wow!! That was great stuff. Thanx for the info.
Test Subject
#165 Old 24th Aug 2007 at 6:30 AM
Default tunics and clothes for pregnant women
Hallo!

Is there a possibility to recolor tunics (those from University) for normal adults or teens?
And how can I recolor clothes for pregnant women and how can these people get them on?

I can't find them in the bodyshop.
Is there a possibility to make recolors with SimPe?
Or is it necessary to mesh, as I don't know that.

Thanks for helping!

Come and visit Blackys Sims Zoo
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
#166 Old 24th Aug 2007 at 6:33 AM
someone on site has recolored the uni tunics already - go look for them, put them in your game, and then recolor one of them. (as long as you have uni, it will work)

"Undertake something that is difficult; it will do you good. Unless you try to do something beyond what you have already mastered, you will never grow." - Ronald E. Osborn

Please do NOT PM me with requests, creation questions, or game help questions. Click for help:
Test Subject
#167 Old 3rd Sep 2007 at 12:28 AM
Default Amazed
A Huge Thank you!! You made it so easy even for me, have done a number of recolors already, now on to the next one of your tutorials.
Field Researcher
#168 Old 3rd Sep 2007 at 5:22 AM
Faylen, thank you for this very comprehensive tutorial on recoloring clothing. I am going to print it out and keep it in my Sims 2 folder, so I can refer to it while in Bodyshop. I truly appreciate all the screenshots, too, since I am a visual learner.
Lab Assistant
#169 Old 3rd Sep 2007 at 9:05 PM
Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee it's easier than I thought it would be!
Thank you a lot! You're an angel. I'm gonna have some fun now.

Forever young...
Test Subject
#170 Old 4th Sep 2007 at 3:31 PM
thanx for the help! Now I can do my own clothes!
Lab Assistant
#171 Old 5th Sep 2007 at 1:54 PM
ggrrrr i have gimp how similar are they?

i love kingdom hearts!
And Riku says:the dark side does not have cookies!!!So stay on the light side theres loads of 'em!
Test Subject
#172 Old 9th Sep 2007 at 1:11 PM
Thanks so much. I finally made my first recolor and it looks great, I'll actually use it.
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
#173 Old 10th Sep 2007 at 12:16 AM
kingdomheartsgirl111 - gimp versions of similar tutorials are in the tutorials area - try looking for them. After you've done them, you can look over the other tutorials and see if there are more techniques you'd like to try that are not covered in the gimp ones.

Test Subject
#174 Old 14th Sep 2007 at 6:26 PM
Thank you for the tutorial! I'm really new at this, and when I first tried using Body Shop a long time ago, I could never get it to work and just left it, but thank you for showing me how to!
Test Subject
#175 Old 20th Sep 2007 at 10:11 PM
Thank you,
Very helpful tutorial on the basics...had no porblem following along even though I use
Gimp 2 Program.

Love comforteth like sunshine after the rain.

William Shakespeare
Page 7 of 15