Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Scholar
#22926 Old 2nd Sep 2014 at 5:23 PM
Has the game officially launched for U.S. now? Thread viewer count seems low. I guess people are playing it?

Amazon rating holding at two stars.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#22927 Old 2nd Sep 2014 at 5:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lovcat

Do large shrubs and flowers cause issues with routing, or do sims just walk through or around them?
Theorist
#22928 Old 2nd Sep 2014 at 5:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by gwynne
Has the game officially launched for U.S. now? Thread viewer count seems low. I guess people are playing it?

Amazon rating holding at two stars.

Officially, yes, but physical pre-orders and such are subject to the whole store visit or mail... time... thing. For reference, it's 11:24 AM in Texas right now. Still in the early stages.

Quote: Originally posted by AsaButler
Do large shrubs and flowers cause issues with routing, or do sims just walk through or around them?

Yes, they do block the sims paths but the sims won't gripe about it, they'll find an alternate route.
Instructor
#22929 Old 2nd Sep 2014 at 5:25 PM
what are we supposed to do with the flowers? just plant them over and over?
Scholar
#22930 Old 2nd Sep 2014 at 5:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HCAC
I've been watching Let's Plays on Youtube...I can't get beyond the fan girl "OMG! OOOH, OOH, IT"S HERE!!!" girly voices or stupid dudes expressing their wonderment at how you can shift the chest sizes--tee, hee, hee....
Does anyone know any "normal voiced" people doing reviews? I don't have anything against giggling preteens and gushing fanboys but I can't get through the first five seconds any review thanks to these people.
Here's one

“I MAY BE A HOGWARTS STUDENT" Hargirid paused angrily. "BUT I AM ALSO A SATANIST!”
Falco - The original Prombat
Instructor
#22931 Old 2nd Sep 2014 at 5:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lovcat
I posted a little bit ago that you actually can and I just didn't see it. Talking to co-workers doesn't help you make friends, though, just adds social as far as I can tell.

oh well, that kinda sucks

i liked yor videos btw, you have a very nice voice and you‘re calm
Theorist
#22932 Old 2nd Sep 2014 at 5:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by TotallyJW
Here's one

Thanks, will watch it.

By the way, for anyone keeping score of such things, over at Metacritic.com, Sims 4 is rating 5.8

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers
Scholar
#22933 Old 2nd Sep 2014 at 5:38 PM
Field Researcher
#22934 Old 2nd Sep 2014 at 5:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HCAC
Thanks, will watch it.

By the way, for anyone keeping score of such things, over at Metacritic.com, Sims 4 is rating 5.8

Metacritic amuses me to no end. People who like the game give it a 10; people who don't like it give it a 0. So if a game has a rating of 50%, that means half the people like it. This is how it works for every game, not just TS4.

"We've been attributing the state of The Sims 4 to greed but I think it's time to give sheer incompetence another look."
-Honeywell
Inventor
#22935 Old 2nd Sep 2014 at 5:45 PM
Anyone knowing the testingcheats please? What do I type in?
Lab Assistant
#22936 Old 2nd Sep 2014 at 5:48 PM
lol, simcity flashback?

Forum Resident
#22937 Old 2nd Sep 2014 at 5:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Deestar
How about the one other 5 star review posted 2 days before preorders were available for preload that simply says " I Love IT"

They probably meant it for the movie "IT"... XD

Kudaku lari gagah berani~
Scholar
#22938 Old 2nd Sep 2014 at 5:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Shimo815
lol, simcity flashback?

Close, but SimCity 2013 is still rocking a 1.5.

(I've said it already in the last few pages, but I think TS4 overall will go up a bit on Amazon...we'll see.)
Inventor
#22939 Old 2nd Sep 2014 at 5:53 PM
Ok fot testing cheats you have to type in"testingCheats" but when I did that I got a message saying "cheats are already disabled" Please help?
Theorist
#22940 Old 2nd Sep 2014 at 5:55 PM
Close, but SimCity 2013 is still rocking a 1.5.

(I've said it already in the last few pages, but I think TS4 overall will go up a bit on Amazon...we'll see.)

I have to agree. Not enough people are playing it to get "real numbers"--this could take a few weeks.
I see on Gamespot there is a patch out already.

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers
Forum Resident
#22941 Old 2nd Sep 2014 at 5:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by H.O.W
Yeah, i know. I'm not condemning that you don't like the look of the game.

But the reviewer said it was a 9/10 and you said that was undeserving. My reply to that is that is that reviewers opinion, if you don't have the game how can you begin to say that their opinion is wrong and that the game doesn't deserve it? I'm not saying you can't say "I dislike this game" but to say someone else's opinion on the game is wrong is what I'm getting at.
Well, I've been sitting on the sidelines for too long now...
You're seeing it from the wrong angle. We're seeing reviewer's let's play to gauge our own opinions about it if it's really worth our money or not. It doesn't matter if they're rating it 9/10. We're not saying that other people's opinions are wrong...
Hope this clears things up...

Kudaku lari gagah berani~
Lab Assistant
#22942 Old 2nd Sep 2014 at 6:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by happycowlover
So y'all would rather continue the series as an unrecognizable, microtransactioned monstrosity than letting it bow out gracefully as a quality game?

All that huffing and puffing for naught.

There is literally no logical rationale in buying this game except OOH! NEW! SHINYYYY! They have not shown themselves capable of solving bugs and glitches, a major issue y'all complained about ad nauseam for five years straight (thankfully my TS3 did not experience nearly the amount of bugs reported). They have significantly altered, reduced, or omitted selling points of previous installments. There isn't even a main selling point that hasn't been in the game before.

EA is a company about its money. You know that. They would not have hollowed out the base game to jam-pack DLC, EPs, GPs (why are these now a thing???????), SPs if you weren't purchasing them. This is why we are not taken seriously as consumers because we cave in so quickly. So quickly. Y'all. We were just debating this game a week ago and now it's on your computer? Y'all won't have any merit once the charlatans come around with their "awesome, tactile, intuitive" elixirs and potions.

For those without a purchase, stand strong. You are not alone. Find a quality video game to play. Play TS1/2/3. Turn off your computer and live a little. This sounds hysterical, but there is so much more to life than shelling out $60 for a product that was deliberately half-assed.

Note: I am not trying to rain down on anyone's parade. I'm happy that you're happy. It's that it's frustrating to see people flip the switch so easily and support something like this. I wish I had the game. I wish I was fawning over my new family and features and yayyy! But I'm not. Because, to me, it's not worth it.

Standing firm, I made sure that my family knew that I did not want Sims 4 to not have a repeat of Superstar. I can understand the urge to join the pack. The only reason I have been reading is to find something, anything to bring the Sims back to me. For me that is not happening. I think we are at the transition of gaming. Those of us who like Computers games VS the kids who grew up on consoles and are now in young adult age. Time will tell if we are right or they are. The number one thing I keep hearing from those who love it is "its so much like console number x"

I think it will be at least a year before we will know its a hit with those who like this kind of gaming. I know that they have left me in the dust and all I can do is wave good bye. Lol for being so damn gloomy. I blame the heart attack I had last week. Grimmy has his bony hand on my neck that bastard.

Lovcat I love your youtubes. I guess I have to get an account and thumbs you up. Relax, you have not one thing to keep saying sorry for when you like something. You have said from the start that you wanted this game. Have fun! I will look forward to what you put up.

Off to boot Sims 2 with all my fun mods before my walk.
Lab Assistant
#22943 Old 2nd Sep 2014 at 6:10 PM
What it looks like when a Sim is gone to work, you can still have them work hard, etc.

Saw a post saying that was removed, it wasn't.

Also, I don't trust those ratings because it's too early and I think they are being padded in the wrong direction. I haven't even formed an opinion on the game yet and won't till a Sim month or longer has passed. I want to give it a chance to see if any long term / hidden bugs pop up first.

So far?

I don't hate it. It's vastly different than what I'm used to playing but the game has potential. If you get it on sale, for sure. I did not pay full price, I got almost $20 off the limited edition and feel that the game is worth that much right now. I also did not encounter any lag, very little glitching, very little clipping, and have yet to see anybody do any autonomous push ups.

The family in the screen above lives in Willow Creek and are called Roomies or something. I like them already, I may keep them around after the great annihilation occurs in a week and I move in my own Sims. One guy walked in on the girl and they both got the embarrassed moodlet, he even hid under the covers. Nobody died. I had them talk about their insecurities and they both got over it and are friends again.

Also as far as the darkness goes? Click on a light/lamp and push the brightness bar all the way over. It looks like it's already all the way over but I noticed a difference when I did it.

The only glitch I found happened at the Rattlesnake Bar. The screen flickered, all the Sims jumped up, and then as they moved around one Sim stepped inside another Sims while a third clipped through them. It only took a second before they fixed themselves though and the game carried on. I have noticed some odd little hiccups that makes me think there may be some issues as the game plays on over time.
Rogue Redeemer
retired moderator
#22944 Old 2nd Sep 2014 at 6:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HystericalParoxysm
As soon as I obtain TS4, I think I will... somehow, despite adding 16 hours a week to my already full plate. *wince* It might be so horribad it's fun.

It would simply be gloriously megawut beyond comparison! Looking around, I think so many would appreciate a little hard-hitting commentary. Godspeed, o' thee brave one, venturing forth into the strange unknown...
Scholar
#22945 Old 2nd Sep 2014 at 6:27 PM
Hey you read my review- thanks

If I'm following correctly as far as which review you wrote on Amazon, I think your review shot to the top of 'most useful critical review' very fast.
Sockpuppet
#22946 Old 2nd Sep 2014 at 6:29 PM
Am I late
Scholar
#22947 Old 2nd Sep 2014 at 6:31 PM
If I'm following correctly as far as which review you wrote on Amazon, I think your review shot to the top of 'most useful critical review' very fast.

I was actually surprised at that it is kind of wall of texty - the formatting did not copy over to Amazon from Word properly.
Alchemist
#22948 Old 2nd Sep 2014 at 6:35 PM
@lovcat or anyone who has the game, what happens if you neglect the children? Will there be a social worker to take them away? I was joking in my last post but that was a real question.

Just call me Nikel
Scholar
#22949 Old 2nd Sep 2014 at 6:36 PM
I was actually surprised at that it is kind of wall of texty - the formatting did not copy over to Amazon from Word properly.
I wonder how long it'll take before you get angry comments from the yibs

“I MAY BE A HOGWARTS STUDENT" Hargirid paused angrily. "BUT I AM ALSO A SATANIST!”
Falco - The original Prombat
Lab Assistant
#22950 Old 2nd Sep 2014 at 6:38 PM
Was so bored with the Twitch I was Watching

May have alright shown. But it making me laugh
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d0J1X8lt4Pc
Locked thread
Page 918 of 920