Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Put Away Items Fix

by bobdbg Posted 19th Dec 2015 at 1:37 AM - Updated 4th Jun 2016 at 2:20 PM by bobdbg : Update 2016 June.

62 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 27 Feedback Posts, 34 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 3
Test Subject
#26 Old 21st Dec 2015 at 5:15 PM
Oh my gosh, thank you so much for this fix. My sims do this all the time.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#27 Old 22nd Dec 2015 at 4:59 PM
Yes, they do it even for the books! This sucks! Thanks for this fix. Would be nice for the books also
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#28 Old 22nd Dec 2015 at 9:24 PM
Thank you! This problem was annoying -__- I'm surprised EA hasn't fixed it yet. Then again, actually no, I am not surprised.
Instructor
THANKS POST
#29 Old 24th Dec 2015 at 7:53 PM
Great Mod :)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#30 Old 25th Dec 2015 at 12:26 AM
Awesome. Thanks.
Lab Assistant
#31 Old 25th Dec 2015 at 6:29 PM
are we to use both files or just one of choice

Administrator of Her Opinion
Test Subject
Original Poster
#32 Old 25th Dec 2015 at 7:37 PM
Use one or both zip files, depending on which bug you observe in your game.

Both ZIPs contain different tuning files, will not clash with each other.
Quote: Originally posted by booba
are we to use both files or just one of choice
Scholar
#33 Old 26th Dec 2015 at 12:43 AM
I'm not sure if you can add this or not but can you make it so kids put their homework books away? There was a mod on here but it appears not to be working anymore.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#34 Old 26th Dec 2015 at 6:24 AM
I will keep an eye out for this bug, apparently all my Sims' kids are being obedient and never leave their homework lying around.
Quote: Originally posted by mummy_001
I'm not sure if you can add this or not but can you make it so kids put their homework books away? There was a mod on here but it appears not to be working anymore.
Scholar
THANKS POST
#35 Old 27th Dec 2015 at 12:58 AM
Thank you, this behavior was driving me mad.
Lab Assistant
#36 Old 28th Dec 2015 at 5:48 PM
I have both of your fixes installed in my game, but I just saw my elder sim autonomously clean up her dish but she still sat down before she picked it up.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#37 Old 28th Dec 2015 at 8:23 PM Last edited by bobdbg : 29th Dec 2015 at 8:12 AM.
Please respect elderly Sims, let them rest before doing housework.

But seriously, Sitting down before Picking Up to Clean is a totally differently bug, not covered by this fix.
Quote: Originally posted by FizzMidnight
I have both of your fixes installed in my game, but I just saw my elder sim autonomously clean up her dish but she still sat down before she picked it up.

This mod only fix Put Away Actions (final destination is the Fridge, or Bookshelf). It will eliminate them sitting down AFTER picking up the dish, not before.

Your issue involves Pick Up dishes to Clean (final destination is the Kitchen Sink), which is not covered by this mod.
Quote: Originally posted by FizzMidnight
I'm confused. but the description says it will eliminate them sitting down just to pick up the dish to put away.
Lab Assistant
#38 Old 29th Dec 2015 at 3:39 AM
Quote: Originally posted by bobdbg
Please respect elderly Sims, let them rest before doing housework.

But seriously, Sitting down before Picking Up to Clean is a totally differently bug, not covered by this fix.

I'm confused. but the description says it will eliminate them sitting down just to pick up the dish to put away.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#39 Old 31st Dec 2015 at 7:15 AM
Putting a dish away (in the fridge) is not the same as cleaning them up, though. It's my understanding the mod is for the actions like putting away, not cleaning.
Lab Assistant
#40 Old 31st Dec 2015 at 9:47 AM
Quote: Originally posted by MoxieGraphix
Putting a dish away (in the fridge) is not the same as cleaning them up, though. It's my understanding the mod is for the actions like putting away, not cleaning.

Oh.. my bad. Thanks for clearing that up.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#41 Old 2nd Jan 2016 at 5:51 PM
Oh, this is heavenly. I included "reading" as an activity for one of my clubs, and they left books everywhere. I had to watch my poor sim sit down 20 times as she put away the books. I finally gave up and put them away myself. Thank you!
Test Subject
#42 Old 6th Jan 2016 at 9:13 AM
I apologise for asking this question , I just didn't understand the answers you provided . If I click for my sims to put away the dishes, they will sit down then put it away. Same with the books. They will pick up the book, sit down somewhere, then put the book they are holding. They do this for every single book/stack of dishes or one dish from another sim that they clean up. Does your mod fix this issue? Many thanks in advance, and I'm sorry for not understanding it fully.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#43 Old 6th Jan 2016 at 1:13 PM
Yes, the mod fixes this problem exactly, and not an ounce more.
Quote: Originally posted by animatedoodle
I apologise for asking this question , I just didn't understand the answers you provided . If I click for my sims to put away the dishes, they will sit down then put it away. Same with the books. They will pick up the book, sit down somewhere, then put the book they are holding. They do this for every single book/stack of dishes or one dish from another sim that they clean up. Does your mod fix this issue? Many thanks in advance, and I'm sorry for not understanding it fully.
Test Subject
#44 Old 8th Jan 2016 at 9:00 PM
I did a test in my game. I noticed that the sims ONLY do the sit action when they are already standing. Like if they clean up/put away a dish/book/etc. from a standing position then the sit bug occurs. Now if they start these actions from a sitting position, the bug will not occur. They will clean up as normal. So does this mod fix these issues from a standing position? I apologize for making you repeat yourself, if it does.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#45 Old 9th Jan 2016 at 12:21 PM
Yes, the mod fixes this problem exactly, and not an ounce more.

With the bug, even when starting from sitting, they would still sit down when told to put away a dish/book located on another table.
Quote: Originally posted by CRiz
I did a test in my game. I noticed that the sims ONLY do the sit action when they are already standing. Like if they clean up/put away a dish/book/etc. from a standing position then the sit bug occurs. Now if they start these actions from a sitting position, the bug will not occur. They will clean up as normal. So does this mod fix these issues from a standing position? I apologize for making you repeat yourself, if it does.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#46 Old 13th Jan 2016 at 12:12 PM
Thank you so much for fixing this.
Test Subject
#47 Old 18th Jan 2016 at 1:01 PM
I used this and my sims would either just dump their books on the table or wouldn't put them down and take them to bed for woohoo or read on the toilet.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#48 Old 18th Jan 2016 at 4:07 PM
First I would like to confirm whether this mod works on a NEW GAME ? If it breaks, then the problem is due to compatibiliy with your latest game update.

Otherwise, it is most likely due to old save game data messing up new game code, spilling over to other actions.

In your case, seems like your Sims cannot find a path to the bookshelf, can you confirm (using the same Savegame), what does your Sim do when issued Put Away command, WITHOUT this mod ?
Quote: Originally posted by PillboBaggins
I used this and my sims would either just dump their books on the table or wouldn't put them down and take them to bed for woohoo or read on the
toilet.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#49 Old 26th Jan 2016 at 11:16 PM
Oh thank god someone made this!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#50 Old 11th Feb 2016 at 2:03 AM
thank you so much for that!!! this is so annoying lmao
Page 2 of 3