Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th Dec 2021 at 6:22 AM Last edited by Deastrumquodvicis : 24th Dec 2021 at 6:47 AM.
Default Cloned In-Ground Spa Not Accepting Recolors
So I've encountered a couple of issues cloning the VaporWare in-ground spa/hot tub. The first is that it seems to have an uneditable floor mask, and I don't really fancy the look of having that platform there. But more pressingly, it appears to not be recolorable, despite the VaporWare spa being recolorable. I haven't messed with spas before, so I don't know what I've done wrong. Any tips on either matter would be appreciated.

EDIT: It seems to be happening with other stuff, too, like a clone of the apple head painting used to make an AC unit.

I have Set Custom Group, Fix Cloned Files, Pull Only Default Color, Pull Wallmasks, Pull Animations, and Change Description checked when cloning. I have Create a stand-alone object, pull STR linked resources, and reference original mesh unchecked.
Attached files:
File Type: zip  stonehottub_MESH.zip (9.55 MB, 2 downloads)
File Type: zip  airconditioner_MESH.zip (91.2 KB, 2 downloads)

Requests? Yes! See my journal entry for palette options! Shameless plugging of my Sim sites: (TS2) · TS4
Advertisement
Inventor
#2 Old 24th Dec 2021 at 6:44 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Deastrumquodvicis
So I've encountered a couple of issues cloning the VaporWare in-ground spa/hot tub. The first is that it seems to have an uneditable floor mask, and I don't really fancy the look of having that platform there. But more pressingly, it appears to not be recolorable, despite the VaporWare spa being recolorable. I haven't messed with spas before, so I don't know what I've done wrong. Any tips on either matter would be appreciated.

Hello @Deastrumquodvicis
I haven't tried to recolor any of the hot tubs; but have encountered some objects not recoloring despite my SimPE setting being set to enable CEP.
I am assuming you have tried recoloring and when you check in-game it is not showing up?
Sometimes when cloning, choosing either to make it a standalone object or not solves the issue; sometimes updating the "dirty state" to true fixes it; or sometimes not enabling CEP fixes it. I wish I could give you an exact answer but these solutions work for different objects. As this object is a plumbing object, I would try updating the dirty state to true first, then the others.
Hope this helps?
Good luck!
Instructor
Original Poster
#3 Old 24th Dec 2021 at 6:47 AM
No, unfortunately, it's giving me "this object is not designable" after cloning.

Requests? Yes! See my journal entry for palette options! Shameless plugging of my Sim sites: (TS2) · TS4
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#4 Old 24th Dec 2021 at 12:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Ladysimplayer8
I haven't tried to recolor any of the hot tubs; but have encountered some objects not recoloring despite my simpesetting being set to enable CEP .

Because having the CEP checked in SimPE doesn't mean everything is recolorable or enabled to have two subsets. Many objects are not recolorable, this is why there are numerous cep-extras.

The sunken hot tub was color enabled with the CEP. If it is recolorable in game, but not when cloning in simpe, then make sure you have the two CEP files in the file table in simpe. The air con mesh doesn't have the right settings in the gmnd to be recolorable, which means SimPE isn't reading the CEP files.

There is also an error with the texture in the hot tub package. Most likely not the correct size ratio. My SimPE was being overly dramatic.

When cloning, you should just tick the Set Defaults option as it will pull necessary resources only. There is no reason to pull animations unless you are editing them.
Instructor
Original Poster
#5 Old 25th Dec 2021 at 4:27 AM
I've tried reinstalling the CEP to see if that helps--my SimPE was showing the file for the SaveGameFolder was missing. That absolutely did the trick. Now if only something could be done about that pesky floor mask...

Inventor
#6 Old 26th Dec 2021 at 7:37 AM
Quote: Originally posted by HugeLunatic
Because having the CEP checked in SimPE doesn't mean everything is recolorable or enabled to have two subsets. Many objects are not recolorable, this is why there are numerous cep-extras.

Hello @HugeLunatic
When I installed SimPE, I also imported the cep-extras (22 items in the folder).
Does this mean that if I clone one of these 22 items, that it will permit me to create the object and also have recolors?
As the problem of recoloring only arises so infrequently, the only one I am aware of is the Soma stereo (2x1) which is on the cep-extra list - does this mean that that it can't be working properly or that there is something I still have to do?
Thank you in advance for any further help.

Hello @Deastrumquodvicis
Great to read you have sorted the recoloring issue.
I think the floor mask works similar to door and windows masks, therefore you don't need to recolor the floor mask but might need to scale it in Milkshape 3D to be a better fit for your new item.
Good luck!
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#7 Old 26th Dec 2021 at 7:17 PM
The soma stereo is recolorable, it was enabled by the cep. If you are unable to recolor in SimPE then you have your CEP installed incorrectly, or the file paths are incorrect in simpe. There are literally hundreds more CEP extras, which I linked above.