Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st May 2022 at 6:45 AM Last edited by sacjcch : 21st May 2022 at 8:31 AM.
Default a problem about lower terrain
Sorry about that English is not my first language,so please look at the pictures, I hope you can understand what i want to express

https://thumbnail1.baidupcs.com/thu...ge&autopolicy=1

https://thumbnail1.baidupcs.com/thu...ge&autopolicy=1

As the pictures showing, when I raise the camera,the lower terrain looks broken,and the same problem appears in EIG, because of this problem, I
cant go on my working, please help me , thanks a lot!
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 21st May 2022 at 7:41 AM
Maybe you can explain a bit more what you mean by "broken"? From your pictures I would say everything looks as it should. It is normal that the grid vanishes if you raise the camera.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 21st May 2022 at 8:35 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Norn
Maybe you can explain a bit more what you mean by "broken"? From your pictures I would say everything looks as it should. It is normal that the grid vanishes if you raise the camera.

I have replaced the pictures, please, I need help!!
Scholar
#4 Old 22nd May 2022 at 6:05 PM
The pictures are not displaying for me. I am getting an error message. Perhaps it’s my device?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 23rd May 2022 at 12:48 AM
Default Sorry about the missing pictures , they are here
the pictures are missing , I tried to upload again but can't save changes , now I set them on this floor

e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#6 Old 23rd May 2022 at 1:13 PM
It's just because the terrain level is so close to the sea level that when zooming out, using lower level of detail, the terrain doesn't display correctly.
To fix it you'd need to either raise the terrain height a little, or lower the sea level. It's purely graphical though.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 25th May 2022 at 4:08 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
It's just because the terrain level is so close to the sea level that when zooming out, using lower level of detail, the terrain doesn't display correctly.
To fix it you'd need to either raise the terrain height a little, or lower the sea level. It's purely graphical though.

Thank your for your help, so it's not a bug just for me? Maybe I have to avoid this in my next world , bug now I need to find some way to finish my present world.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#8 Old 25th May 2022 at 12:31 PM
No, it happens to me a lot when I use shallow beaches. It's to do with the way the game reduces the level of detail as you zoom out to suit your system specs; it may look different on other hardware.