Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th Sep 2019 at 10:33 PM Last edited by Zamira : 2nd Oct 2019 at 10:04 PM.
RESOLVED - Apartments without Late night, do they work?
Evening, I would like to create apartments that are habitable from my sims and other PNG sims, like those introduced by Late night, following the tutorials, but then they work even if I don't have that expansion?
I hope I have posted in the right section
Advertisement
Staff - Moderator
staff: moderator
#2 Old 4th Sep 2019 at 11:20 PM
I have Late Nite but i think it would work iif you have the hidden and public room markers from buydebug and followed the tutorial instructions for creating a Late Nite type of apartment(on regular lot). You will not have the Late Nite apartment items though unless EA patched them in for base game. Try building a simple one first to see if it works before making a final one. I don't know what png sim is I guess you mean NPC sim(non player character).
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 5th Sep 2019 at 12:11 AM
thanks, I try to do as you said, and exactly I meant NPC sim (not player character), I messed up with the acronyms, sorry
Top Secret Researcher
#4 Old 5th Sep 2019 at 3:08 AM
You could try this mod - https://modthesims.info/download.php?t=498857
I think the ability to create apartments came with University expansion. Late Night just has the buildings? Not a hundred percent sure on that....
Staff - Moderator
#5 Old 5th Sep 2019 at 8:48 AM
There are two different types of apartments for Sims 3. The Late Nite type and the one that came with university expansion. I asked about apartments in this Mentoring for Builders post http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=631029 and Norn details differences quite well. Volvenom states there may be some issues with university lot zoning. If you are trying to make a Late Nite type of apartment use a regular residential lot.
dodgy builder
#6 Old 5th Sep 2019 at 5:21 PM
The public and hidden room markers was made basegame at some point. I don't quite remember what exp they came with. Might have been Late Night.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 6th Sep 2019 at 9:48 PM
evening thanks to all the councils;
so the markers are there, but I can't find the letterboxes and the intercoms, so I don't know if it works ...
And I'm trying to make a type of Late Nite apartment, using normal residential lottery, and watching the tutorials I saw that they say they put the ports for NPC sim, but I can't find the option to do it ...
now I look at the mod, but I already have several, I don't want to overload the game, sometimes it already gives problems
Staff - Moderator
#8 Old 7th Sep 2019 at 7:41 AM
I did not think you would have the Late Nite mailbox, callbox,or trash chute if they were not patched in(and by your post it seems they were not). I think you can still use the regular mail box and trash bin. Place the hidden room markers inside an enclosed space where you want NPCs to live and the space outside of that room should be accessible to them and is where you place a public room marker. The door into the NPC room you shift+ctrl click and designate it as an NPC door. All other enclosed areas you do not want your sim paying for should have a public marker.

I'm unsure what you mean by ports for NPC unless you mean doors?
dodgy builder
#9 Old 7th Sep 2019 at 2:23 PM
What tutorial are uou using? There are several options with all the mods available.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#10 Old 7th Sep 2019 at 9:46 PM Last edited by Zamira : 7th Sep 2019 at 10:01 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by fascisthater
I did not think you would have the Late Nite mailbox, callbox,or trash chute if they were not patched in(and by your post it seems they were not). I think you can still use the regular mail box and trash bin. Place the hidden room markers inside an enclosed space where you want NPCs to live and the space outside of that room should be accessible to them and is where you place a public room marker. The door into the NPC room you shift+ctrl click and designate it as an NPC door. All other enclosed areas you do not want your sim paying for should have a public marker.

I'm unsure what you mean by ports for NPC unless you mean doors?

Evening, just the mailbox, the call box or the late Nite waste chute, I didn't patch them, (I already have too many mods and customized content that slow down the game).
I try again putting the normal mailbox and the trash, and doing as you said, maybe I was wrong to put the markers.
For ports for NPC I mean, that I tried to do as you said, shift + ctrl click to designate it as an NPC door, but I get only the command "make it inaccessible to the NPC", but maybe I was wrong to put the indicators, I try to redo everything.
Sorry, I can't always explain myself well, this is not my language
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#11 Old 7th Sep 2019 at 9:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Volvenom
What tutorial are uou using? There are several options with all the mods available.

Hello a simple tutorial that explains just how to put the markers to get a result similar to the Apartments without Late night, which does not include mods, since I already have too many mods for other things and personalized contents that slow down the game.
Instructor
#12 Old 8th Sep 2019 at 1:36 AM
I don’t think you can make Late Night style apartments without Late Night. The trash chutes, mailboxes and call box are part of the Late Night expansion, possibly also the ability to designate the doors for an NPC apartment.
Staff - Moderator
#13 Old 8th Sep 2019 at 6:06 AM
I saw this tutorial on the SimsWiki that may help you: http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title...ms_3_Apartments

Read carefully and try the methods described in it. A limitation this tutorial suggests is you will not be able to invite over sims to your apartment without the callbox to be buzzed in.
dodgy builder
#14 Old 8th Sep 2019 at 12:16 PM
My tutorial requires a mod originally. It's a while ago, I don't know how it is now. The fascisthater tutorial looks like the original, it shouldn't require a mod.

Quote: Originally posted by Mandelyn
I don’t think you can make Late Night style apartments without Late Night. The trash chutes, mailboxes and call box are part of the Late Night expansion, possibly also the ability to designate the doors for an NPC apartment.

That might be, but I think there are mods for that. I'm on my phone. I used buzzler's mods I remember.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#15 Old 9th Sep 2019 at 9:08 PM
evening, ok thanks, I try to follow that tutorial, thanks to everyone for the help.
And I try to look for those mods you say Volvenom
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#17 Old 9th Sep 2019 at 10:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
if you have the markers, it might work, though not sure if it lets you set the door to NPC type. however, all the other stuff are optional such as chutes, caller, and mailbox.

most likely you are using the wrong public marker, that would be my guess. there are 2 public markers in buydebug. if you only have one and it doesn't work, then it is the public marker from the wrong expansion and you really do need LN.

I also verify this, and let you know thanks
dodgy builder
#18 Old 10th Sep 2019 at 9:25 AM
Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
if you have the markers, it might work, though not sure if it lets you set the door to NPC type. however, all the other stuff are optional such as chutes, caller, and mailbox.

most likely you are using the wrong public marker, that would be my guess. there are 2 public markers in buydebug. if you only have one and it doesn't work, then it is the public marker from the wrong expansion and you really do need LN.

It was made basegame at some point, and it worked for people without the exp then, so it shouldn't be a problem. The icon is no longer there either, and it would be if you need the exp.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#19 Old 11th Sep 2019 at 9:24 PM
Good evening, I tried again following the tutorial you told me and I succeeded, before I put the markers badly -.
So I finally even managed to set the port on the NPC type: D Thanks to everyone x all the advice: D
Now I have one last doubt, without the postal houses, how can I add Sims NPC to the apartments intended for them?
In the tutorial it also marked the link for the mod of garbage slides and the mailboxes, which I downloaded and put, but without Late Night those does not make them position me, I select them from the list but does not put them in the building -.- "
Staff - Moderator
#20 Old 11th Sep 2019 at 10:04 PM
Glad the doors are working for you now. I am unsure what mod you are referring to unless it is this http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=424060 . This mod was designed for people who had the Late Night expansion to make it available in the build/ buy catalog. You will not be able to use those objects if you do not have that expansion. I would remove that mod (and scriptCache file) if that is the one you installed as it requires Late Night expansion to work. I would just try to use the regular residential mailbox and trash can that comes with a regular residential lot.

The NPC sims should automatically be assigned to those doors. You should be able to ring those doors with your sim. However, without the callbox you may not be able to invite sims over to your apartment.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#21 Old 11th Sep 2019 at 11:46 PM
Glad the doors are working for you now. I am unsure what mod you are referring to unless it is this http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=424060 . This mod was designed for people who had the Late Night expansion to make it available in the build/ buy catalog. You will not be able to use those objects if you do not have that expansion. I would remove that mod (and scriptCache file) if that is the one you installed as it requires Late Night expansion to work. I would just try to use the regular residential mailbox and trash can that comes with a regular residential lot.

The NPC sims should automatically be assigned to those doors. You should be able to ring those doors with your sim. However, without the callbox you may not be able to invite sims over to your apartment.

Yes, exactly what you linked to;
Ok removed everything as you said.
So will NPC sims come to live on the lot alone?
In the lot there is now only my active family
Staff - Moderator
#22 Old 12th Sep 2019 at 9:25 AM
I believe NPC sims will come to your lot automatically. They might be seen leaving to go to work or in the areas you have designated as public. You could try to visit the community lots with your sim to help spawn NPCs if you are not seeing any sims on your lot or can't get any NPC to come out when you knock on their door. Make sure there are no obstacles such as fencing at the edge of lot that would prevent NPCs from entering your lot. I think if you have problems after this a few good screenshots showing the layout of your lot with marker placements might be required.
dodgy builder
#23 Old 12th Sep 2019 at 5:42 PM
I get so confused, there is 2 threads about this subject now. Leaving this link here: http://modthesims.info/showthread.p...206#post5570206
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#24 Old 12th Sep 2019 at 9:35 PM
I believe NPC sims will come to your lot automatically. They might be seen leaving to go to work or in the areas you have designated as public. You could try to visit the community lots with your sim to help spawn NPCs if you are not seeing any sims on your lot or can't get any NPC to come out when you knock on their door. Make sure there are no obstacles such as fencing at the edge of lot that would prevent NPCs from entering your lot. I think if you have problems after this a few good screenshots showing the layout of your lot with marker placements might be required.

good evening, ah ok I try to wait a little then, maybe they will come!
In the tutorial he showed how to set the PNCs for this I was asking, but in fact he used Late Nigt's intercom to do it that I don't have.

I try again as you said and if I have problems I will make some screenshots showing the layout of my lot with marker placements.
Thanks for the advice: D
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#25 Old 12th Sep 2019 at 10:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Volvenom
I get so confused, there is 2 threads about this subject now. Leaving this link here: http://modthesims.info/showthread.p...206#post5570206

I hadn't seen that discussion, I don't know if it's exactly the same, the player I believe has Late Night and asks for advice on how to build in the group of builders but he had no problems with the markers ...

Instead, I am without Late Night and I could not make the markers work, and I didn't know if I could make the apartments without Late Night.
Page 1 of 2