Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
#26 Old 11th Jan 2008 at 3:48 AM
Well I tried it, and it did work! I guess I kinda cheated because I used the MATY Macrotastic control and had them all "dig for stuff", so they all just kept digging and using the same hole. They did freak out, I had a hard time getting them to fill them back in, they just kept complaining about the enviroment score.
Advertisement
#27 Old 9th Mar 2009 at 3:11 AM
Default May I...
Quote: Originally posted by FuryFanFiction
If you are familiar with the Big Brother reality tv show, this challenge will suit your fancy. This is the Big Brother: Sims Challenge. All parts of this challenge suit the Sims games.

This is the beta test of this challenge. I have never made a challenge before. This is the first one. NO PRIZES ARE AWARDED FOR COMPLETION. THIS IS ONLY A CHALLENGE.

I. Big Brother: Sims Challenge

8 Adults walk into a house, having never met each other before. The challenge is to win the game by eliminating the other players. Whoever wins, gets their own dream house and a large sum of money.

You will eliminate the other players by making sure they have the lowest amount of friends in the house. Challenges and other things will get in your way of winning the game. Can you overcome it!

II. Recipe for Success:
There are many parts to this challenge to making sure this challenge goes off right. Below is a list:

A) House:
Here are the required things when building the Big Brother House:

1) Lot size: Enough for a house and a big backyard.

2) Rooms:
a) 3 Bedrooms: 2 Single Beds in one room, 3 Single beds each in two other rooms. Low comfort beds.
b) 1 Bathroom: 2 Showers. 2 Toilets. 2 Sinks
c) Living Room: NO TV
d) Kitchen
e) Dining Room: With table big enough for 8 chairs.
f) Punishment/Panic Room: For loser of challenges (See below)
g) Reward Room: For rewards gained through the competition
h) Head of Household: 1 Double Bed (Comfy) 1 Bathroom with bathtub, toilet, sink. Other stuff optional.

3) Backyard: 2 Hot tubs. 1 Good-sized Swimming Pool. Other stuff. Wall high enough where Sims can't see out to the sidewalk.

4) NONE OF THIS CAN BE IN THE HOUSE: TV (except in HOH), PHONE, COMPUTER.

B) Set up stuff:
1) Must have:
a) Lock Front Door and any other way that lets outsiders come in. NO GUESTS ALLOWED!

2) Recommended:
a) Use Aging Cheat
b) Use Automatic Bill Payer Cheat
c) Use Automatic Refridgerator Filler Cheat

C) Sims
1) 8 Sims: 4 Male, 4 Female
2) Give them any astrological sign and personality you choose.
3) No jobs. No work. The sims will be locked in the house and backyard.

D) Challenges:
1) Elimination: The person with the lowest amount of friends in the house gets eliminated each week. Week is seven days. Can be cut down to 3 days if you choose.
2) Veto: If one person wins veto, and their best friend is the lowest person in the house, that person gets saved.
3) HoH Challenge: Winner gets rewarded with the HoH room and other stuff of your choosing.
4) Food Challenge: Loser gets put into the Panic Room for twenty-four hours. Nothing can be given to them. Door must be locked.
5) Reward Challenge: If they succeed, they get something new to the house. NO TV, PHONE, COMPUTER is reward.

E) Challenge games:
1) Hedge mazes - Build a Hedge maze outside. Tournament... 2 people at a time. Winner advances.
2) Stamina challenge - 2 people get into the pool. First one to leave (not just to go to the dive board and back in, but to leave completely) loses.
3) Other challenges are your choice. Be creative.

E) Other stuff:
1) If you have certain EPs, you can liven up everything.

-----------------------------
Winner gets certain amount of money (your choice) and new dream house (your choice).

If you have questions, I will answer them! If you think I left out anything, let me know.

HAVE FUN!!!

Hi, I'm new...so I wanted to know if I could repost this with my modifications? Thanks.
Field Researcher
#28 Old 14th Jun 2009 at 10:17 PM
Um....just pepost the PART you edited, nobody wants to reread the whole thing
Instructor
#29 Old 12th Aug 2009 at 1:34 AM
Wow I can't beleve I missed this Challange deffently going to try it out
Test Subject
#30 Old 30th Nov 2009 at 1:26 AM
Default I tried!
Okay i started it
Here are my peeps:
Alyson Monrou
Ricky McCary
Clayton Parker
Jessica Matthews
Sabryn William
Haylee William
Jack Carter
Gregory Helders

So far:
Alyson is HoH, Jessica is in the Panic room and Ricky is also in the panic room (it was a tie)

Kacers
Lab Assistant
#31 Old 2nd Jun 2010 at 1:07 AM
I'm going to try this! I love the show, so it should be fun
Test Subject
#32 Old 15th Jul 2010 at 5:06 PM
I love the challenge! I was thinking about some like that, yesterday so I did on my own way. Later, I felt like may something like was published here, before. BINGO!! I found your challenge!
Will you update it?
I would see more people accepting this challenge.
Test Subject
#33 Old 15th Jul 2010 at 5:37 PM
This looks fun- definitely going to try this one out!
Theorist
#34 Old 16th Jul 2010 at 7:32 AM
What's the punishment room look like? I don't think you've mention that
Forum Resident
#35 Old 24th Jul 2010 at 10:10 PM
I think this challenge sounds like a lot of fun! I love reality shows and I've always wanted to recreate one in The Sims 2.
Test Subject
#36 Old 1st Dec 2011 at 5:50 AM Last edited by Phaenoh : 7th Feb 2014 at 5:06 PM.
The Big Brother Challenge
Hello! Today, I'm doing a challenge based on the reality TV show "Big Brother", where 12 contestants live together in one house and each week, one of those 12 people will be evicted from the house. The last contestant standing wins the cash prize. And in between the week, there are challenges for food and luxuries. In this challenge, It's slightly different:

1. You start off with 6 or 9 sims, make them all roomies (If you're playing with 4 sims in 2 teams, then make a maximum of 8 sims).

2. Make the house for your contestants to live in. It must contain three bedrooms: One very good bedroom with good privacy, one basic bedroom, and a bedroom with the bare essentials, they both need see-through glass windows across from each-other. Each room must contain 3 (or 4) beds each, higher quality beds go to the best bedroom, average beds go to the basic bedroom, and the beds with the least amount of energy go to the worst bedroom (If you're playing with 6 sims, than make only 2 rooms). Then, make the kitchen, living room, and bathrooms. Oh! I almost forgot! You must include another bedroom that's for the 'Head-Of-The-Household'. The contestant that wins the 'Head-Of-The-Household' challenge gets to sleep In that room, and It has the highest quality bed. (Notice: You're not allowed to put in phones, TVs, computers or bookcases) Also create a backyard for events.

Here are the following restrictions:

* No phones, TVs, computers, or bookcases are allowed (As mentioned before).
* Your sims cannot take jobs.
* Arcade machines of any kind are forbidden.
* Your sims cannot go to the backyard, except for events (Have it barricaded with fences and lock the doors for it until a challenge comes up).

3. Move your sims in their new home.

4. Divide your sims into 3 teams, each team holds 3 sims each (If you're playing with 6 sims, than make only 2 teams with 3 sims each). You can also make 2 teams with 4 sims in each

5. Each team must randomly choose one of the three (or two) rooms.

6. Make each member of the household get to know each-other by talking and playing. They will meet their friends , and they will probably meet their enemies .

7. During some days of the week, there will be events. Every Monday there will be a challenge for the sims around 10:00 AM to compete for free food, luxuries, or a day out in town. If you're playing with 2 teams, the winning team gets to eat freely (If your sims have low cooking skills, then you can buy a buffet table and eat anything you want from there), or take them somewhere fun, while the losing team must starve until Wednesday around 8:00 AM, or have them do a punishment. If you're playing with 3 teams, the team that came in 2nd must only snack on 'Lunch meat sandwiches' until Wednesday at 8:00.

8. During every Wednesday around 12:00 PM there will be 'Head-Of-The-Household' challenges where each member from every team competes to see which sim will become 'Head-Of-The-Household' for a week. That sims gets to sleep in the special bedroom and gets to choose which sim will get evicted.

Here are some ideas for challenges (For food and for Head-Of-The-Household):

A. "Obstacle Course Challenge" Use two Military Career 'Obstacle Courses' (two sims run on one, and one on the other), each member must run the course, each member must run once, then the next player goes until all three members of the same team completes the course. The team that completes the obstacle course wins! 'Make sure the members from each team don't run in sync'.

B. "Chess Challenge" (2 teams only) A member from both teams must compete in a chess game, watch the board, whoever wins the game of chess wins their team the prize. You can choose any member you want to compete.

C. "Treadmill Challenge (Time-Attack Mode)" A member from each team must run on a treadmill, time how long the members are running on the treadmill, If the player falls off the treadmill, their time is up. The member that lasts on the treadmill the longest wins their team the challenge. Once again, choose any member you want.

D. "Treadmill Challenge (Survival Mode)" A member from each team must run on a treadmill of their own and see how long each member can stay on. The member who falls off the treadmill gets eliminated from the challenge. The last member on the treadmill wins their team the challenge.

E. "Cooking Challenge" One member from each team must create a dish of their desire. Then they must bring their dishes to a community lot where their food will be judged by a food judge. If the judge likes the dish from one of the three (or two) teams, the member wins their team the challenge ( Notice: Some NPCs will join In the contest, so you must have higher quality dishes than the NPCs to avoid losing).

F. "Dance Challenge" All members will compete In a dance competition (In a community lot). The team that pulls off the best dance moves, that team wins ( Notice: Other NPCs will join in the competition, so you must pull off better dance moves than the NPCs to avoid losing).

G. "Log Roll Challenge (2 Teams Only)" Two contestants from opposing teams will roll on a log. The contestant that falls off the log gives the opposing team 1 point. You play for Best out of 3, so If the team wins 2 rounds wins the challenge! Though, you might want to increase everyone's body skill points a bit so the sims won't fall off so quickly and make it boring!

If you're playing a challenge as a "Head-Of-The-Household" challenge, than the Best of the Best wins the title for a week.

9. On Sundays, the "Head-Of-The-Household" will nominate 2 people for eviction. You nominate them judging by their performance In challenges and generally throughout your time In the Big Brother house. Once you've decided on your sim for elimination, that sim leaves and does not come back until the end.

10. Steps 7 through 9 loop until there are only 2 sims left.

11. When only 2 sims remain, you must go through one more challenge. You can call back 4 of your former competitors for your team.

12. Have your current sims play "Rock, Paper Scizzors" to decide which sim goes first in choosing teams. Go through the challenge, and then have your former competitors nominate on who gets to be the winner of the Big Brother challenge.

13. If votes are a tie, then the teams will go through one more challenge to declare the winner. The former members will vote depending on their relationship with their nominees and their performances In the challenges. The winner of the Big Brother challenge wins a 250,000 cash prize.

And that's the game! Enjoy, and happy simming!
Mad Poster
#37 Old 1st Dec 2011 at 3:49 PM
This sounds fun. I haven't seen the TV show, but this makes lots of sense.

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Mad Poster
#38 Old 1st Dec 2011 at 4:10 PM
If I do this, I'm going to try the Doctor Who version of Big Brother - evicted sim is exterminated.
Test Subject
#39 Old 8th Dec 2011 at 10:29 AM
I've tried once. It's very interesting!

#40 Old 8th Dec 2011 at 6:35 PM
Sounds like fun and I'd like to try it. I understand the rules, but am unclear how to make it work. How do you keep track of teams, who wins various challenges, etc.? Lots of record keeping. How do you keep the losers from getting whatever they want to eat or from sleeping in the wrong bed?
Test Subject
#41 Old 9th Dec 2011 at 12:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SamanthaSSJ
Sounds like fun and I'd like to try it. I understand the rules, but am unclear how to make it work. How do you keep track of teams, who wins various challenges, etc.? Lots of record keeping. How do you keep the losers from getting whatever they want to eat or from sleeping in the wrong bed?

It's optional to put sims in each team wear a different colored outfit of the same color to tell which team wins. (For example: Team 1: Red , Team 2: Blue , Team 3: Yellow

To keep the losing team from eating anything they want, you might want to lock the kitchen for them and force them from eating anything. You can also sort the rooms by downloading the SmartDoor Mod here: http://navetsea.modthesims2.com/download.php?t=129124
That way, you can give the keys to a certain team for who gets to sleep in which room!
Lab Assistant
#42 Old 14th Jan 2012 at 4:13 PM
Default Intro to Mai2008's BIG BROTHER CHALLENGE!!!!
Okay. I am SOOOO TRYING!

Two teams of three, Red and Blue!

Here's the house:

The Head of the house room:

[I only used two cause I have two teams]The two teams rooms:

The bathroom:

The living room:

The kitchen:

Blue team:

Red team:

Soon they'll be getting up to something. BTW: Blue got better bedroom. [Left bedroom]

Always remember that you are absolutely unique.
Just like everyone else.
-Margaret Mead
Test Subject
#43 Old 19th Jan 2012 at 5:24 AM
Update On The Big Brother Challenge!
While creating teams, you can either create your sims to your liking or by randomly generating them. The sims can be randomly placed in your teams regardless of gender, or you can do a special "Men V.S. Women" version of Big Brother, like the women go into the red team, and the men go into the blue team for example.
Here's an example of my two teams:

Their names from left to right:
Blue Team:
Chelsea Dawson, Tekoa Olsen, Melissa Johnson, Josep Lawrence
Red Team:
Harith Llewellyn, Joy Roberts, Galal Harriet, Daria Waynes

In addition, If a team wins a challenge, you can take them to a community lot to a carnival, shopping, or someplace fun while the losing team must clean up the house, or any other punishment instead of receiving free food or starving your sims.

"ModTheSims is Sim heaven"
Lab Assistant
#44 Old 12th Apr 2012 at 10:31 PM
Hi there, I have recently got into the Big Brother Challenge and my first try didn't go so well. A couple people died. It seems left to their own devices with low quality furniture and having a challenge for food leaving one team without it wasn't a good idea. So I built a new house.

I made all the furniture high quality. I made one room that was small with three twin beds and a communal bathroom with the kind of showers that are just taps on the wall and toilets. The team that has this room can't afford to be shy. It's quite funny to see them all lined up taking a shower together. Then I made another room with three nice queen beds with wardrobe dressers and carpet. Their bathroom has three rooms with a bath and toilet in each then the main room has the sinks. Then the HOH room has really nice luxuries.

So I have a few Competitions that I like other than the HOH and POV. I like to roll the dice each day and decide who the maid is going to be for each room. I can't stand the bugs that come from being dirty. They all get sick and yell at me and I'm like "hello, if you would clean up you wouldn't have this problem" I also roll the dice to decide who is going to be the kitchen help who cleans and serves the buffet and puts away the dishes. If you have 8, and the dice only has up to 6, I don't include the HOH nor the person in isolation.

I like to have Tuesday as Influence day. They do a competition to see who loses and then will be influenced by the other house mates to do things that will hurt their popularity and well it's funny. Each house guest get's to influence the loser till they run out of influence points.

Wednesday I do a competition to figure out who get's the crappy dorm or the good dorm.

Friday I do a competition to see which house guest is put into isolation. The room has everything but social for their needs. This hurts their chances to gain friends and popularity.

Sunday I do a competition for "love connection". In BB there is tons of love drama so why not in sims.

Now I have a bag with slips of paper that I use to pick out how to find out the winner or loser for each competition.

I have:

hot tub challenge : use two hot tubs, have each sim go near one of the sides of the hot tub. Once everyone is standing there then pause and click go in for all of them. Once they are all sitting in the hot tub put free will on and last one in is the winner.

aspiration : whoever has the best aspiration level (since I'm not controlling them this is up to them to work on)

treadmill challenge: put free will off, go here (to the base of the treadmill) then when all lined up, use treadmill, the first to fall off is the loser and the last to leave the treadmill is the winner.

endurance: plenty of BB challenges are about endurance. It could be swimming, exercise equipment, basketball, etc

skills : I make sure to have bookcases, easels, instruments, exercise equipment and all objects related to skills out for them to use. So for certain items it can be like with the easel who makes the painting worth the most when sold, or the cooking contest, but I also just for some add up a certain skill level like for cleaning.

fattest: ha ha, who has decided to just laze around and not workout since after all this is a competition that does require body and skill building.

popularity: add up the numbers for each person in the house in the friend panel and whoever has the higher total wins, lowest total loses

log roll: 2 people at a time, first to fall loses.

lowest needs meter: loser highest needs meter: winner (since they have the control of whether they are ready for the competitions or not)

friends : who has the most blue face icons wins , least loses

remote cars : place the remote cars in an area, first one to control the car out of the area wins. Last is loser.

bowling : 1 throw, winner who knocks down the most pins

smustle : each sim get's a turn to dance and ask each house guest to join them to smustle. The one who can get the most to join them wins.

axe throwing : closest to the center wins.

EVICTION

How I decide who is to be put on the block

1.) I add up the number of skill points for each sim
2.) I add up the points in the friend's panel for each house guest. The top numbers not the bottom.

Then I take the lowest two of each skills and friend's points. I then add up how each sim is liked by others. I look for their picture in each sims friend's panel and add up the points. The two who are liked the least are then put up for eviction.

Whoever wins the POV if their best friend is on the block then they will save them. If they are better friends with someone who would be the replacement then they don't. (a friend in the bottom 4)

I will let you know if I come up with anymore ideas.

I was thinking of doing "get off the block" special side things. Like putting a teddy bear somewhere and if someone uses it to talk to a house guest then they can't be evicted that week.

Or like put the fix up car for mechanical out and whoever is the one to finish it then won't be evicted.
Lab Assistant
#45 Old 12th Apr 2012 at 11:24 PM Last edited by starla13 : 19th Apr 2012 at 9:40 PM.
Page 2 of 2