Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 3rd Mar 2010 at 10:15 PM Last edited by Phaenoh : 11th Feb 2014 at 8:01 PM.
Under the Dictatorship Challenge- Please Test!
This is a challenge I came up with today; I'm not sure how it came to be, but it just *poofed* into my head.

This is my first attempt at writing a challenge, so please give me feedback and don't be too harsh.

Moonlight_Frog's Under the Dictatorship Challenge

Basically, this is a 7 generation challenge with the setting of having your sims live in a cruel dictatorship.
Each generation that passes will alleviate a few restrictions, and at the end your sims will have no more
restrictions.

NO CHEATS ARE ALLOWED except for those that are designated for a specific purpose.
Make sure that freewill is always turned off unless noted.
Male and female roles are exchangeable,but stick with it throughout the whole challenge.
That means: if you have it down like I wrote in the rules, stick with it. If you reversed the male and female roles,
stick with it!

Each generation does not become "in effect" until the previous gen's children become adults.

Gen. 1
1. Start with a male and a female adult couple.
2. Move them into a lot that is smaller than 3X4 (after all, they are living under a dictatorship).
3. The male adult MUST get a job, and he is only allowed to get the first job in the newspaper.The female cannot
make any money except through gardening (no painting, freestyling, hobby, etc.) For teenagers, the same rules apply.
Female teenagers can also only go to school on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday (so skip Tuesday and Thursday).
NO COLLEGE IN GENERATION 1
4. Try for baby ONLY until the female gets preggie and has a baby. Woohoo is only allowed for making babies;
recreational woohoo is not allowed, and no woohoo while pregnant.
5.They may only have 2 children. If they have more, then either:
a. the baby must be killed as soon as it becomes a toddler. Tombstones must be kept in the main house. Feel free to use boolprop *Cue Evil Chuckles*
b. detract $5000 from household funds with the familyfunds cheat. If that's not possible or if you dislike cheats,
use choice a.
6. To simulate rations, each sim may only eat 2 THINGS per day. If they eat more, then whack 'em. *_*
This does not include water, sims may drink as much water as their hearts desire. Also, this doesn't apply to
babies or toddlers.
7. No community lots.
8. No electronics (those are the ones that are listed under electronics or recreation) except for:
the first 2 telephones that appear in the buy catalog, fire alarm, burglar alarm,and alarm clock.
9. No sim may move in or out.
10. No flirting with any other sim besides his/her spouse.
11. No aspiration and career rewards.
12. No alien pregnancies, so don't buy a telescope.
13. No adoption.
14. No divorce.
15. No servos, genies, etc (but yes to werewolves and plantsims).

Gen. 2
1. Restrictions lifted:
*Female's money-making tactics- females still cannot get career jobs, but they can make money in all other ways (including businesses).
*Males can go to college IF they have at least $3000 in scholarship money (individually, not combined)
*Female sims can go to school everyday of the school week
*Recreational woohoo allowed
*Divorce is allowed, but not remarriage
2. All other rules from Gen 1 apply.
3. Try to get all of the living offspring spouses, but no homosexuality. Spouses may only be with NPCs or townies.
4. No woohoo before marriage. If this happens, the sims who committed this "crime" must be killed.
5. Play until you get Generation 3.

Gen. 3
1. Restrictions lifted:
*Males and females can get any jobs
*move in/ move out, and you can move your main family to a new house as well
*rations are increased to 3 things a day
*all genders may go to university regardless of scholarship money
*Remarriage is allowed
2. All other rules from previous generations apply.
3. Play until Gen. 4

Gen. 4
1. Restrictions lifted:
*all electronics are allowed
*telescopes and alien pregnancies are allowed
*community lots are allowed
*cheating on spouse is allowed
2. All other rules still apply.
3. Play until Gen. 5

Gen. 5
1. Restrictions lifted:
*CAS and pre-made sims are now candidates for marriage
*3 children are now allowed instead of 2
*aspiration and career rewards allowed
2. All other rules still apply.
3. Play until Gen. 6

Gen. 6
1. Restrictons lifted:
ALL RESTRICTIONS ARE LIFTED (except for allowing you to cheat )
2. Play until Gen. 7- yes, you still have to do one more generation.

Gen.7

If you made it this far, you won!
Do whatever you want with your simmies. If you didn't do so hot...

Scoring (optional- I usually don't score my challenges, but you can if that's your thing):

~positive points~
*Reaching Gen. 7 while following all rules- 100,000
*Each child that got an A+ (only counts once per kid)- 500
*Each generation- 100
*Each party- 10
*Only playing on lots smaller than 3X4- 500
*Each set of twins- 200
*Each sim that went to college- 100
*Every college graduate- 2,000
*For every maxed career (ONLY COUNTS ONCE PER CAREER REGARDLESS OF HOW MANY SIMS COMPLETED IT)- 1,000
*Every skill maxed (ONLY COUNTS ONCE PER SKILL REGARDLESS OF HOW MANY SIMS MAXED IT)- 500
*Playing on the exact same home lot for the duration of the challenge- 1,000
*Each marriage (remarrying also counts)- 2,000
*Each perma-plat sim- 5,000
*Full house (8 sims in the main household)- 500
*Never having used ANY cheats, even the ones that were allowed- 100
*Never having used ANY aspiration or career rewards- 100

~negative points~
*Failing the challenge (i.e. no heirs left)- -100,000
*Every child taken by the social worker- -5,000
*Every "extra" child- -1,000
*Every illegitimate child- -500
*Every D or below- -500
*Every time a rule was broken- -10
*Every baby, toddler, child, or teen death- -2,000
*Every time a sim got layed off- -100
*Each divorce- -1,000
*Each aspiration failure- -200
*Repoman- -50

Please test; I hope you guys like it!
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 6th Mar 2010 at 11:48 AM
That looks interesting! I'm really tempted, though I'm not sure wether to use a new hood or just a family in an existing hood for it.

Only thing, for the sake of equality: give the option of swapping genders. Allowing only men to have jobs is too 19th century for my taste. Who says that the evil ruler isn't an evil queen in a skin-tight black dress (slit almost to the hips) with too much silver jewelry, lording it over the poor Sims from her throne of skulls?

> 6. To simulate rations, each sim may only eat 2 THINGS per day. If they eat more, then whack 'em. *_*

"wack 'em" as in kill them off? Or do you mean something else?
Instructor
#3 Old 6th Mar 2010 at 3:48 PM
@alchemist: I think the OP said it was okay to swap the gender rules.

Quote: Originally posted by moonlight_frog
Male and female roles are exchangeable,but stick with it throughout the whole challenge.
That means: if you have it down like I wrote in the rules, stick with it. If you reversed the male and female roles, stick with it!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 8th Mar 2010 at 8:39 PM
Yep. Thank you for considering my challenge. Yes, "whack 'em" as in kill them. Any suggestions are welcome.
I myself will not be able to test this until in early April, after Lent (Christian holiday where you give up something, I gave up Sims 2) is over.

Just a quick note: I designed this with all eps and stuff packs in mind because I have all (or most, not sure) of them.

Please try it; it's really complicated but I think the challenge is somewhat do-able.
Test Subject
#5 Old 19th Mar 2010 at 5:44 PM
Ooh! It sounds like a lot of fun. I'll be sure to try it and tell you what happens. Thanks for the awesome idea!
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 20th Mar 2010 at 12:56 AM
It strikes me that this challenge is too linear. By that, I mean it just looks like the challenge is just playing a long time. What makes challenges like the Apocalypse interesting is that there are a lot of choice of ways to handle the harsh restrictions. There are big choices, like do you want to try to find loopholes in the rules to get around some of the difficulties or do you want to play it straight, keeping things you do in line with the original intent. And there are countless other choices of significance, like what career to pick to lift which restrictions first. This challenge doesn't have that flexibility for the player. However, I think if you worked on it some, you could improve this aspect a lot.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 22nd Mar 2010 at 3:52 AM
Yeah, I know... There's a lot I could work on, but the problem is that it's about living under a dictatorship, so inflexibility is sort of the point... If anyone wants to try it, s/he can edit the rules to make it a little more playable, like the heir(ess) is allowed to rebel against 2 or 3 rules per week. Could anyone give me specifics they would like to change?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 22nd Mar 2010 at 3:53 AM
Thanks Kennedy! Please let me know how it goes!
Field Researcher
#9 Old 27th Mar 2010 at 8:15 PM
Sorry if there was something about this but i didn't see it....
What about teen pregnancy? I was thinking that if a teen gets pregnant before, say, generation 4, then they must be killed immediately after they have there baby. I think that would add some drama. Especially if said child grows up hated by all there family and blamed for their mothers death (laughs like a maniac)

EDIT: forgot to mention, i am going to try this challenge. It seems like fun but i probably won't stick with it since i hardly ever finish a challenge.....

Happiness is a direction, not a place
Test Subject
#10 Old 28th Mar 2010 at 10:40 PM
I'm going to try this challenge. It sounds fun. :]

Jack and Jill went up the hill to have a little fun,
Jill forgot to take her pill and now they have a son!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#11 Old 5th Apr 2010 at 2:05 AM
Quote: Originally posted by EmilyJud
Sorry if there was something about this but i didn't see it....
What about teen pregnancy? I was thinking that if a teen gets pregnant before, say, generation 4, then they must be killed immediately after they have there baby. I think that would add some drama. Especially if said child grows up hated by all there family and blamed for their mothers death (laughs like a maniac)

EDIT: forgot to mention, i am going to try this challenge. It seems like fun but i probably won't stick with it since i hardly ever finish a challenge.....

Sure! The more drama, the better. That would be an okay cheat (inteenimator) since there would also be a penalty; feel free to tweak this challenge as you play, to either simplify or make it better.
Test Subject
#12 Old 6th Apr 2010 at 5:02 PM
WOAHHH!!!! This sounds super coooll!!! I'm trying it right nowww, THANK YOU! FINALLY a fun challenge!!! Will post back with my story

GLITTER : The Herpes of Arts and Crafts :)
I am NOT a computer person
90% of teens today would die if Myspace was completely destroyed. If you are one of the 10% that would be laughing, copy and paste this to your signature
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#13 Old 24th Jun 2010 at 1:14 AM
EDIT: In addition to killing the baby and detracting money when your simmies' have extra kidlets, you can also c. kill the mother directly after the birth and then kill the father when baby becomes a teen (or you can kill the dad first). Whatever you feel suits you. Go for it.