Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

[Testers Wanted] EXTREME sexy micro dress

by Mr.Bill Posted 1st Feb 2005 at 11:15 AM - Updated 8th Feb 2005 at 11:31 PM by Mr.Bill : Link to new mesh added

186 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 185 Feedback Posts
Page 3 of 8
Lab Assistant
#51 Old 5th Feb 2005 at 5:29 AM
The_Maxx
thanx for the tip!
Test Subject
#52 Old 5th Feb 2005 at 9:22 AM
*Sigh*... ok, it seems I had the correct plugin, but in the wrong place in the SimPE folder. So now I can export to the .obj file. I have no edited the file to my liking for a quick test and would like to Import it back in. However, I do not see the Replace option as spoken of in the previous post....

Any ideas what I'm doing wrong??
Test Subject
#53 Old 5th Feb 2005 at 9:26 AM
Nevermind, I found it =)
Test Subject
#54 Old 5th Feb 2005 at 1:00 PM
Hey, the new mesh looks great!
All we need now is more dress textures...hehe! ^^
Thanks for the mesh
Test Subject
Original Poster
#55 Old 5th Feb 2005 at 2:12 PM
I'm having a lot of trouble figuring out how to package my custom mesh... can anyone point me to a tutorial?
Test Subject
#56 Old 5th Feb 2005 at 6:07 PM
I still can't get my mesh to show up in body shop
Lab Assistant
#57 Old 5th Feb 2005 at 8:25 PM
VorrAkkagi
me neither...i must be missing something...
i swear i need a dummies guide...i am fine all the way up until the "replace" part
i am not complaining or anything and feel free to laugh at me...i am really appreciative to all those who have worked on this project.
this is an incredible step fo rthe community...i remember the days of the sims 1 and custom content not coming around for a long time
Test Subject
Original Poster
#58 Old 5th Feb 2005 at 8:36 PM
The only reliable way I've found to do this is to replace the mesh in the Sims03 file. Navigate through the file as you normally would, finding the mesh you extracted in the first place, then right-click on the GMDC and choose replace from the menu. Choose your new GMDC from the select box. The new mesh will not appear as custom content... it will take the place of the original maxis mesh in the select box.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#59 Old 5th Feb 2005 at 8:36 PM
Hmm that last little bit is cryptic... it will take the place of the original maxis mesh in Body Shop and the Sims 2
Lab Assistant
#60 Old 5th Feb 2005 at 8:54 PM
Quote:
When you import your new and improved mesh, check only the Import Vertices box in the settings button.

When you say that your talking about using the Mesh tool that just came out? Well when I do that It saves a new .simpe file. What do I do with that?
Test Subject
#61 Old 5th Feb 2005 at 11:09 PM
Saracentner,

I'm still as mistified. I have carefully gone over the instructions from Mr. Bill (and thank you again Mr. Bill!), but upon replacing the mesh, I still get nothing. Here is where my questions begin.

First, I have no option I can see for checking vertices only.

Second, do I replace, and then save the SimPE file as the new sims03? Or just what? I know this can be done, but we need those who have suceeded to write the 'Importing for Dummies' guide =P
Test Subject
Original Poster
#62 Old 6th Feb 2005 at 8:09 AM
The option for importing vertices only is in the settings button in the new MTS2Mesh tool.

When you choose the replace option in SimPE, it will ask for a .SimPE file to use as a replacement. Pick the one that was output from the mesh tool, and save.
Field Researcher
#63 Old 6th Feb 2005 at 6:15 PM
that would be great! thanks so much for your hard work!
Test Subject
#64 Old 6th Feb 2005 at 9:21 PM
I've been pondering the problem of not getting my meshes to go in the game. When I was modding meshes in Sims 1, I would use the extract to .obj tool, mod the mesh, then using the same tool, convert the .obj back into the origional file and all was well and good.

With SimPe, what I am seeing is this:

We extract the file we want to mod from the package, then we extract the .obj from that resultant SimPE file. We mod the .obj file as we like. BUT I do not see how we are converting the modified .obj file back into the SimPE file, BEFORE we are replacing the SimPE file back into the origional Sims03.package????

I see in SimPE the Extract to Object button. But where is the import Object back into SimPE button?

That is what I am missing. Anyone have a solution?
Test Subject
#65 Old 7th Feb 2005 at 3:25 AM
I answered my own questions. MTS2 does the missing part =) Just a little slow on my part...
Lab Assistant
#66 Old 7th Feb 2005 at 3:28 AM
okie sorry i feel dumb asking this but *does* it or doesnt it look okie now???im kinda cunfused wif all this stuff
Test Subject
#67 Old 7th Feb 2005 at 3:42 AM
Are ya gona make a normal skin with biger breasts so people can make more then dresses for em?
Test Subject
#68 Old 7th Feb 2005 at 10:17 AM
You might want to put the new file in the origional post, looks great in bodyshop, no problems there. Have not tried it in game yet.

Quick question... I read the post earlier about extracting meshes. I would like to make this new mesh the default so that all my sims are "augmented". Is this possible? I can see from that post that it might be, I just have not quite acertained how it can be done.
Test Subject
#69 Old 7th Feb 2005 at 10:22 AM
I figured out what I was doing wrong and have now made a few 'augmented' meshes which are showing up in body shop. The thumbs do NOT show the change, so you have to just click through to see where the change went or figure it out via the mesh name. I need to do a few tweeks to get the look just right, then I'll try to post one here.

Novalith:

There are a ton of meshes for the different clothing styles, swimming, shower, work cloth, etc. etc. So it won't be just a quick edit to one. One would have to change every mesh to do that. But I suspect many will be changed now that the MTS2 and SimPE team of tackled both ends of the problem =)
Test Subject
#70 Old 7th Feb 2005 at 10:45 AM
lookin forward to seeing what you have done... meanwhile I think I will give it a rest for now and try more when I get home. I was looking for an object for the default adult female model but from what you just said when they change clothes they are in essence a completly different object (body-wise)? I am sorry if that isnt very clear, I am tired, could not sleep at all last night.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#71 Old 7th Feb 2005 at 10:52 AM
I've changed the file in the first post in this thread to include my new archive. This may be the last version of this mesh I make if no one has any suggestions... I'm pretty happy with it.
Test Subject
#72 Old 7th Feb 2005 at 12:25 PM Last edited by pop2dapop : 7th Feb 2005 at 12:28 PM.
hey Mr.Bill I love your mesh and look at my sim she is beautiful with the high heels and the big boobs and the longer hair I downloaded lolz... but could you make one that has this but can be like it's really her body because if you make a have lots of outfits that werent made by this mesh then it's like on everday outfits her boobs or big and when she goes to sleep the become normal it kinda freaky.. oh and I have made outfits for when she sleeps it's just that I wanna use all of my outfits:
Test Subject
#73 Old 7th Feb 2005 at 2:25 PM
I dunno, maybe I'm slow, but I cant seem to get this great mesh to show up in bodyshop or the game! I dled the file in your first post and put it in my downloads folder. When I open body shop, the mini cheetah print dress shows up w/ a Very short skirt, but the boobs, butt, and heels look exactly the same. Am I doing something wrong? Do I need to use SimPE etc to get the mesh into the game? :confused: :confused:
Field Researcher
#74 Old 7th Feb 2005 at 6:32 PM
I can´t get it to show up in the game either :weep:
Test Subject
#75 Old 7th Feb 2005 at 7:27 PM
I am a nitwit!
Quote: Originally posted by VorrAkkagi
I figured out what I was doing wrong and have now made a few 'augmented' meshes which are showing up in body shop. The thumbs do NOT show the change, so you have to just click through to see where the change went or figure it out via the mesh name. I need to do a few tweeks to get the look just right, then I'll try to post one here.

Novalith:

There are a ton of meshes for the different clothing styles, swimming, shower, work cloth, etc. etc. So it won't be just a quick edit to one. One would have to change every mesh to do that. But I suspect many will be changed now that the MTS2 and SimPE team of tackled both ends of the problem =)

VorrAkkagi

I am so sorry I wasted your time, I re-read the post explaining how to change meshes and I was opening the WRONG FILE!!!! *smacks head into monitor repeatedly* I am going to attempt to replace some meshes now that I have the right ones. Going to see how many sims I can augment! Thank you for trying to explain it to a nitwit like me though! If I get stuck again I will try harder to understand before bothering you.
Page 3 of 8