Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Instructor
#6876 Old 26th Feb 2019 at 4:54 PM
I saw a shooting star and the moon without looking through the telescope when I panned the lot upward with the mouse. I am using the skyfix mod. I thought that was very cool to see.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#6877 Old 26th Feb 2019 at 10:04 PM
https://www.simsnetwork.com/news/20...2-final-edition

I found a letter from Lucy Bradshaw about working on TS2. There are many photos of devs.
Forum Resident
#6878 Old 26th Feb 2019 at 11:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sunrader
I'm not sure whether this mod by @Lamare was ever officially released, but I tested it in my game and it was awesome! Have you seen it? Seems like you might enjoy it.
There are two files. I only tried the toddler-restaurant-outing one but it worked so well that I built a whole community lot just so I could have that one high chair in it.
http://modthesims.info/showthread.p...053#post5383053

That is... BEAUTIFUL. Thank you so much @Sunrader! I hadn't seen it and now I'm sooooo excited! Particularly being able to have a casual group WITH TODDLERS! That's the biggest issue I have with getting the Beaker and Beaker-Loner families together. I want them to go out together, but they've got three toddlers between them, and a child. This means the whole family can FINALLY go out to restaurants and kiddy play lands together!

On topic:

I knew this existed, but had never actually used it until recently: the groups feature on the phone. It's a GODSEND. I love it! Why had I never utilized this before? There can be one group for the whole Curious clan to get together and go out, and now toddlers can be included!!
Lab Assistant
#6879 Old 27th Feb 2019 at 2:38 AM Last edited by Boosterbear : 27th Feb 2019 at 5:32 PM.
When looking around using the Tab key, if you hit escape, it goes back to the position you were originally in. Found this out by looking for the moon as mentioned earlier, and accidentally hit escape rather than tab

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." ~Theodore Geisel
"If what you are is just what you own, what have you become when they take from you almost everything?" ~Destroya, My Chemical Romance
Forum Resident
#6880 Old 27th Feb 2019 at 1:21 PM
That in windows 10 you can rightclick on the game icon and change the compatibility from windows 10 to windows 95, 98, 7 and so to run sims 2 better

Why was I never told this?

I build small houses *^*
Lab Assistant
#6881 Old 27th Feb 2019 at 9:49 PM
Courtesy of Armand de Bateau's failed attempts to make crepes suzette, today I discovered that the fire brigade take a terrifyingly long time to get up the stairs to a penthouse apartment...

(He survived, but barely)
Mad Poster
#6882 Old 1st Mar 2019 at 10:13 AM Last edited by FranH : 1st Mar 2019 at 2:55 PM.
I've found that if you have lots in your lot bin that you don't want to show up (such as Maxis modern lots in a medieval game) you can prevent them from showing up at all using the Clean Installer function of 'disable' to do it with.

They show up in the game folder lot listing as 'off'. They don't ever make an appearance but they still exist.

A very useful thing to know!

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Alchemist
#6883 Old 1st Mar 2019 at 11:25 AM
Quote: Originally posted by FranH
I've found that if you have lots in your lot bin that you don't want to show up (such as Maxis modern lots in a medieval game) you can prevent them from showing up at all using the Clean Installer function of 'disable' to do it with.

They show up in the lot listing as 'off'. They don't ever make an appearance but they still exist.

A very useful thing to know!

I wonder if they still load with the bin. I take my lots out of the bin and store them in a "Real Estate" hood because my game loads faster without them, but this could be very useful, too.
Mad Poster
#6884 Old 1st Mar 2019 at 2:54 PM
They do not. In the lot listing in the game lot folder, they're marked as 'off' and do not appear in the bin at all. I could not for some reason delete them out of the bin so that was the solution I found that works.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Lab Assistant
#6885 Old 6th Mar 2019 at 4:38 AM
the lamp! it was dropped off today while i was playing at the college dorm. ive never seen it before while playing.

22. male. he/him. autistic.
REST IN PEACE JOTARO KUJO. JUNE 2020 - JANUARY 2021.
Mad Poster
#6886 Old 6th Mar 2019 at 1:17 PM
The Goodies of Depression-era Riverblossom are fostering a toddler, Bill. Last night, Herbert picked up Bill, but had the icon for one of his skilling toys in his queue. He carried Bill into the room where the toy was, set him down beside it, then sat down on the floor in the "play with" interaction.

This was a CC truck that builds mechanical skill, so this may be a side-effect of something the creator did when making it (judging by the animations, it's cloned from the shape blocks) rather than something that's possible under vanilla coding. Either way, very cool!

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Field Researcher
#6887 Old 6th Mar 2019 at 1:22 PM
When Angela and Lilith Pleasant caught their Dad fooling around with the Maid, they both got angry with the Dad and the Maid. Later on Kaylynn, the Maid, apologised to one of the girls. Pretty cool. I tried to make it happen again but I didn't succeed.
Mad Poster
#6888 Old 7th Mar 2019 at 4:13 AM
I told Ida Juana to study Couples Counseling, but the cheerleader beat her to the only chair in the study. Rather than go on a chair hunt in other rooms or throw stompy fits, she sat down on the floor and studied away. I had no idea that was a thing!

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Mad Poster
#6889 Old 7th Mar 2019 at 4:51 AM
Today I noticed a "Camera Rotation" setting under the Game Options. I set it to Sims 1 Style, but...it didn't do anything, apparently. Maybe my camera mod doesn't work with it.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Field Researcher
#6890 Old 7th Mar 2019 at 11:42 AM
- Servos cannot charge if there is music playing. Will be looking a mod for that.
- There are candles and a small fountain thing but they were in sculptures so all these years I did not know they existed.
- Self-made flowers can be placed in really odd places:

Top Secret Researcher
#6891 Old 7th Mar 2019 at 12:55 PM
Ooh, lovely. My sims are seriously running out of places to put those.

Trans Rights Are Human Rights

Be careful who you hate; it may be someone you love.
=^..^=
Scholar
#6892 Old 8th Mar 2019 at 5:34 PM Last edited by ieta_cassiopeia : 11th Mar 2019 at 11:23 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by AndrewGloria
I'm pretty sure that that's the chance card that ended Gloria's military career, and pretty well ended me doing chance cards; she was so upset! Being a modern girl, Gloria chose the "new school" route but the fuddy-duddy old army wanted it done by the book. It didn't work out too badly in the end; Andrew eventually persuaded her to look in the paper for another job, and the Veronaville All-Stars were looking for a mascot. Now she's fulfilling her dream as their star player.

What really rankles with me still (and I'm sure with Gloria and Andrew too) is that the army gave her a Dishonourable Discharge. An error of judgement perhaps, but Gloria, dishonourable? There's not a single dishonourable atom in Gloria's makeup. Is there no right of appeal in the Sims universe?

There is for Sims in a game with Open For Business Freetime (thank you for the correction, RoxEllen!) and all 4 business-related lifelong aspiration rewards. The 4th one is "Plead for Job", which allows a Sim to ask for their job back on the phone within 24 hours of losing their job. For you, I think an appeal would have had to have involved SimPE or a multi-purpose object like SimBlender. But your path for Gloria sounds better than simply making her go back to a job where she clearly wasn't appreciated properly.
Top Secret Researcher
#6893 Old 8th Mar 2019 at 5:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MeowMixPls
- Servos cannot charge if there is music playing. Will be looking a mod for that.
- There are candles and a small fountain thing but they were in sculptures so all these years I did not know they existed.
- Self-made flowers can be placed in really odd places:

Where did you get that sky mod? ^^

Omnia - Fantasy / Mythological / Medieval Hood
Ephemera MoreColorful - SimpleSkin Recolors
Mad Poster
#6894 Old 8th Mar 2019 at 8:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ieta_cassiopeia
There is for Sims in a game with Open For Business and all 4 business-related lifelong aspiration rewards. The 4th one is "Plead for Job", which allows a Sim to ask for their job back on the phone within 24 hours of losing their job. For you, I think an appeal would have had to have involved SimPE or a multi-purpose object like SimBlender. But your path for Gloria sounds better than simply making her go back to a job where she clearly wasn't appreciated properly.

"Plead for Job" is a Freetime perk, not an OFB one. It's the top perk in the "Work" column.
Field Researcher
#6895 Old 8th Mar 2019 at 9:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Bulbizarre
Today I noticed a "Camera Rotation" setting under the Game Options. I set it to Sims 1 Style, but...it didn't do anything, apparently. Maybe my camera mod doesn't work with it.

I used this camera once. This setting inverts the camera along the axes.
Forum Resident
#6896 Old 9th Mar 2019 at 5:27 AM
I was looking at this post from Sun&Moon that someone linked in another thread, and I discovered I had no idea how broccoli and cauliflower grew.
Field Researcher
#6897 Old 9th Mar 2019 at 9:27 AM
@Pideli It is iCad's Gentle stripes under The great sky project http://dramallamadingdang.tumblr.com/tagged/dlnhood

@Liza What does that mean practically, I have tried that camera mode too but I couldn't see any difference.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#6898 Old 9th Mar 2019 at 11:00 AM
If your child has lemons in inventory they can stock the lemonade stand for free.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Top Secret Researcher
#6899 Old 9th Mar 2019 at 4:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Giga
@Pideli It is iCad's Gentle stripes under The great sky project http://dramallamadingdang.tumblr.com/tagged/dlnhood

@Liza What does that mean practically, I have tried that camera mode too but I couldn't see any difference.

Thank you! That page is GOLD!

Top Secret Researcher
#6900 Old 9th Mar 2019 at 5:47 PM Last edited by Pideli : 10th Mar 2019 at 9:14 PM.
Sims put their engagement ring on their middle finger, not their ring finger.
I discovered this while watching one of my old videos (at 0:58):

Page 276 of 445