Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Custom Walls Repository & Index

by Numenor Posted 28th Apr 2005 at 5:06 PM - Updated 21st Mar 2017 at 8:48 PM by Numenor : Updated list of assigned ID's

373 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 356 Feedback Posts, 16 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 4 of 4
Test Subject
#301 Old 27th Dec 2008 at 9:30 AM
oh great. now the game doesn't start at all. :/
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#302 Old 27th Dec 2008 at 1:55 PM
Then, uninstall the Scriptorium and all the files that you have put in the Scriptorium_CustomWalls folder, and it should fix your game (if the problem was really caused by the custom walls or the Scriptorium, which I don't think possible...).

If uninstalling Scriptorium and walls don't help, then move the entire Downloads folder on the Desktop and run the game again: if this fixes the problem, then there is something bad in the Downlaods folder (which would mean that the Scriptorium and the walls weren't to blame...).

I've finally started my Journal. Information only, no questions.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

I *DON'T* accept requests, sorry.
Test Subject
#303 Old 30th Dec 2008 at 4:23 PM
I fixed it and I have to say that your walls rock... I am a little dummy with the global mods and stuff like that sorry for disturbing you and thanks for your awesome walls
Test Subject
#304 Old 8th Jan 2009 at 9:06 PM
Hello,

I've heard a lot about these walls... so far I boolproped constrainfloorelevation to achive my results... but now I want to try these finally!

The overview description said I have to but .apckage and .txt in the scriptorium folder... the installation instrauction sais I have to put the package in the dl-folder. Just wanted to hint at this inconsistency.

I did what the overview said... gonna see if the walls are there.

Thank you for all your invention Numenor! Gonna get the recolourable deckstairs right away, too :-) and have already the scriptorium installed - thank you so much!

Doei
lichtje
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#305 Old 8th Jan 2009 at 10:28 PM Last edited by Numenor : 8th Jan 2009 at 10:33 PM.
Thanks for the heads up, Lichtje. The separation between the "Overview" and the "Installation Instructions" is a recent change at MTS2, and I didn't think that the standard installation instructions are not suitable for these walls. I will fix the instructions

By the way, you guessed right: in this case, both the TXT files and tha .package must be installed in the Scriptorium folder; these walls are very special

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

Test Subject
#306 Old 25th Jan 2009 at 5:49 PM
Hi Numenor,

I recently downloaded a lot from Jonesi but I didn't take time to read her instructions and have installed the lot into my game. The lot seemed fine. So, a few days after, I browsed through her stuff again and realized that I have missed the most important part: I need to download your unlevel wall mod.

Then, I did that and put your mod into my game but things started to get weird with her lots. Some walls would disappear and the unleveled walls would now show a gap/hole between the roof and the shortest wall (I pray that you can understand this as I have put it in the most simplest term).

I also tried fixing the lot by entering build mode but your unlevel option does not show at all.

Did I do something wrong? For your info, I extracted your unlevel wall files into Scriptorium_Walls-Fences-Arches. Did I miss anything here?

Looking forward to your reply and thanks in advance.
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#307 Old 26th Jan 2009 at 12:15 AM
Just to be sure, reinstall the Scriptorium, and then put again the unleveled walls (both .txt and .package" into Scriptorium_Walls-Fences-Arches.
If you can't see the unleveled walls in the build catalog, this may be the reason why the lots look weird (not in catalog = not existing in game...).

If you manage to make the unleveled walls appear in catalog, then you should delete and reinstal Jonesi's lots.

Test Subject
#308 Old 5th Feb 2009 at 7:03 AM Last edited by Devil's Rope : 5th Feb 2009 at 7:03 AM. Reason: clarity
Numenor, I'd like to ask for a block of walls. #200-204 should be enough (5 walls). I don't want to take many in case I don't end up sharing them (yep, they're for the decks I'm playing with).
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#309 Old 7th Feb 2009 at 12:03 AM
Done! I hope you will come up with interesting results... and share them! -

Field Researcher
#310 Old 7th Feb 2009 at 3:56 AM
Just wanted to let you know, I used #124-#127 for my construction walls found here:
www.modthesims2.com/download.php?t=310384
Its only had 280 dl's but thats 280 possible conflicts if I don't tell you.
& I would like to reserve #120-#123 also (for future).THNX

ClicknPsycho
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#311 Old 7th Feb 2009 at 5:41 PM
Done. Please note that I've not included ID 127, because it's not a wall, but a foundation (foundations and walls do NOT share the same ID's: you can have a Wall 127 and a Foundation 127 without problems).
Currently, there are so few custom foundations that I don't feel it's necessary to set up a "repository" for them.

To anyone creating custom walls (including Devil's Rope and ClicknPsicho): the custom walls repository is NOT like the GUID service provided by SimPE site; it is NOT necessary to "reserve" numbers. This is because changing the ID of a wall is extremely easy; so you should first create a wall and then - when you are ready to upload it - briefly check this thread to see if that ID is still free, and claim it for yourself.

Field Researcher
#312 Old 7th Feb 2009 at 6:50 PM
Thanx, You are of absolutely right, just felt a good thing to say just in case someone was working on one right now.
As for 127, "I'm a dope"

ClicknPsycho
Test Subject
#313 Old 8th Feb 2009 at 4:05 AM
Thanks, Numenor, and duly noted.
Test Subject
#314 Old 19th Mar 2009 at 1:14 AM
This Is Realy Hard
Lab Assistant
#315 Old 3rd Apr 2009 at 10:03 PM
I am very new at all of this, I only do this for my kids... you guys do some fantastic stuff... this is going to make a lot of things so much easier... Thank You....
Lab Assistant
#316 Old 8th Jun 2009 at 9:14 PM
you mean there is a limited number (65535 to be exact) of walls that the game can even have? wow, numenor, how do you figure all this out?
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#317 Old 10th Jun 2009 at 11:22 AM
I meant that the highest ID number assigned to a custom wall is 65535. I found out this number by trials and errors; I tried this specific value because 65535 = (2^16)-1 = Hex FFFF = the largest number that can be stored in four bytes.

But if you mean which is the largest number of wall sections (custom or maxis) that a lot can contain, then I don't remember: *there is* a limit however.

#318 Old 10th Jun 2009 at 6:22 PM
Hmm, what about the LOWEST identification number? Is zero allowed, or is one the lowest permitted?

This Space Intentionally Left Blank
Mad Poster
#319 Old 11th Jun 2009 at 5:27 AM
GeneralOperationsDirector,

So, what's the result of your proposition?

:P

I guess we're all looking forwards to such result.

#320 Old 11th Jun 2009 at 4:51 PM
Hmm? Proposition? What proposition? I was just asking a question. I haven`t even TRIED to make a custom wall type, yet. Not sure what I would need one for that I don`t already have from someone else. Not even sure how to use some of the custom types I already have. I just expressed curiosity. Still, I suppose I could try it myself...

This Space Intentionally Left Blank
Test Subject
#321 Old 30th Aug 2009 at 11:06 PM
I have a 64bit Vista system and i don't see the Scriptorium subdirectory in my sims-downloads directory. Does it work with 64bit Vista?
Field Researcher
#322 Old 25th Sep 2009 at 1:48 PM
Sorry Numenor but I'm trying to use the unleveled walls. I know it's like using boolprop constrainfloorelevation, that cheat I always have issues with because maybe I'm a big dumb ass at it I don't know. I found a tutorial using your unleveled walls at http://www.tribeccasims2.com/ I tested to to use and at some point I don't know but something doesn't work for me.

I would have liked a simple step to step tutorial for those unleveled walls, but I don't seem to get one easy one because I don't understand if Boolprop constrainfloorelevation cheat is needed or not. There's a hack or mod tool for this as well which I don't dare to download and use, because it's one among the hardest cheats (EA Games cheats) and may cause problems ingame.

Thanks for your help !
Mad Poster
#323 Old 30th Sep 2009 at 5:32 AM
Liza495,

the build mode tutorial section may provide the info for the skill you may want.
Test Subject
#324 Old 13th Oct 2009 at 6:06 PM
hi i downloaded the walls from a link for a house i really wanted but they didnt show up in game and now the house is full of gaps, does anyone know what i may be doing wrong? any help would be appreciated
Mad Poster
#325 Old 15th Oct 2009 at 5:56 AM
macindoe1992,

Have you installed SCRIPTORIUM?
May check if the files are in the wall script folder , linked already by SCRIPTORIUM to the downloads folder.
Lab Assistant
#326 Old 13th Nov 2009 at 9:35 AM Last edited by babyophelia : 13th Nov 2009 at 6:04 PM.
does this work with OFB? it was working perfectly. i had just the base game. i used it to make some prison cells with Atavera's prison bar windows. Then i installed OFb, now they don't show up. please help!

Thanks.

Edit: NVM. I went to sleep with the game left running. I woke up and the walls were there. Very strange, don't know why.

THANKS these are the best!
Test Subject
#327 Old 12th Dec 2009 at 3:29 PM
I just wanted to help out anyone that has the same problem as I do and do not want to read through 14 pages of comments. I have all the EPs, and I really need these walls to get past the Maxis Wall Limit :-(

I did the complete SCRIPTORIUM download correctly. Yet when I followed the directions to add the Unleveled Walls, the game would crash on me before starting up. I downloaded the Invisible Walls to see if something was wrong with my pc, but those loaded fine and showed up in the game correctly.

Finally, I found somewhere in the comments to place the UnleveledWalls.package in your Downloads folder and leave the UnleveledWalls.txt in the SCRIPTORIUM script area. This worked perfectly for me! So hope this helps someone.
Lab Assistant
#328 Old 19th May 2010 at 9:45 PM
Awesome, thanks!
Could the same thing be created for TS3 as well?
Field Researcher
#329 Old 4th Aug 2010 at 9:13 PM
Do you see this wall scirpt?

"# attic walls
wall 3
defaultPattern "blank"
wallThickness standard
mayChangeSurface true
mayAttachObjects true
mayCutAway true
requiresFlatBottom false
requiresFlatTop false
submersible true
verticalSpan floorToRoof
#verticalSpan floorToFloor
deleteTools roof partition
requiresSupportUnderneath false
bearsLoad true
catalogTextIndex 6
#notInCatalog
thumbnailResource 0x499db772 0xe9261575"

If you do, do you know how to make this scirpt work with expansion and stuff packs like "The sims 2: Apartment Life" or "The sims 2: Mansions & Gardens stuff"?

If so, send a reply telling me how to do so.

When you do, I'll add you to my friends list.
Test Subject
#330 Old 16th Sep 2010 at 4:05 PM
excuse me , why i can't use the Radiance Light System after installing this ?
thz ~
Mad Poster
#331 Old 15th Nov 2010 at 11:14 AM
Quote: Originally posted by happyju_sims1988
excuse me , why i can't use the Radiance Light System after installing this ?
thz ~

The scripts files may not conflict with each others.

But anyway, have you tried to install them manually?
Test Subject
#332 Old 25th May 2011 at 5:37 AM
I have the same problem that Kharn had (see his post 7/17/07 on page 11 of the comments). I was in the middle of building a huge lot and ran out of Maxis walls, so I found Numenor's unlevel walls and downloaded that so that I'd have enough walls to finish the lot. I downloaded correctly and all was going okay but then I couldn't place a half-wall. When I ran out of walls before, I deleted some and was able to rebuild the same number of walls (thus meeting the wall limit), but this time, when I deleted some default half-walls, I was not able to rebuild. So, this would mean that the issue is not a wall limit problem, right? Niol posted a response to Kharn about a possible work-around but I didn't quite understand the method he/she described. Any help?
Mad Poster
#333 Old 3rd Jun 2011 at 3:48 AM
If I can still remember correctly, default half-walls are counted as normal walls, and so along this rationale, both of them will run out.

A potential work-around is to use either a custom wall or foundation by means of Mootilda's ConvertiWall
http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=327132

So, did you either undo the deletion or or simply unsave the lot and reenter later?

I think one has to check out all the wall.txt script in every game version's script folder.
It's accumulative and the newer lines over-ride the older lines.
Since I've not played or installed the whole game for quite a whole.
I admit I don't remember every line inside.

What part of the potential work-around confuses you?
May quote out, so I may try to respond more properly...
Test Subject
#334 Old 5th Jun 2011 at 1:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Numenor
Download the file "BACKUP_RestoreMaxisWalls-Only.zip" from this thread, extract the file from it, and place it in:
C:\Program Files\EA Games\The Sims 2\TSData\Res\Catalog\Scripts
(overwrite the existing TXT file).

Then install the Scriptorium.

Lastly, come back to this thread, download the file "90_UnleveledWall_forScriptorium.zip" and unpack its content (both the files in the zip) into the folder "Scriptorium_Walls-Fences-Arches", accessible from the shortcut in your Downloads.

I've done all that and its still not showing up in my wall tools. I deleted the stuff from thumbprints to see if it was there, just the icon wasn't showing up, but no go. i've also tried putting the package in downloads like some ppl suggested still wont work. i have all of the expansions except Freetime wondering if its not compatible with some EP? i've spent about 3 hours reading and re-reading through everything but im still wondering if im missing some step or something.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#335 Old 2nd Sep 2011 at 3:25 AM
All these years I thought a wall was just a wall and would never be anything more. But this is cool too. Probably won't get it though, I'm just not that sophisticated with building.
Test Subject
#336 Old 23rd Sep 2011 at 1:15 AM Last edited by Avika P. : 23rd Sep 2011 at 1:26 AM.
Hi for people who found problem with Custom Walls doesn't show in game, i'm the one too but now it's fixed!^^
Here is how to fix Custom Walls Icon to show up! it's work 100%!!

1. Install Auto Scriptorium.

2. This case i want only Unleveled wall so i download "90_UnleveledWall_forScriptorium.zip" (that has two files, .txt and .package)
and go to Documents\EA GAMES\The Sims 2\Downloads
and look for "Scriptorium_Walls-Fences-Arches" folder then open it and put two files into this folder.

3. Go to C:\Program Files\EA Games\The Sims 2\TSData\Res\Catalog\Scripts
open file "wall.txt" and add this text below to last line then save.

# *custom* un-leveled terrain walls

catalogTextResource 90_UnleveledWall 129

wall 90
defaultPattern "blank"
wallThickness standard
mayChangeSurface true
mayAttachObjects true
mayCutAway true
requiresFlatBottom false
requiresFlatTop false
submersible false
deleteTool partition
thumbnailResource 0 0x499db772 0xccc30160
thumbnailResource 1 0x499db772 0xe9261347
thumbnailResource 2 0x499db772 0xfeed5515
thumbnailResource 3 0x499db772 0xfeed5510
catalogTextIndices 0 1 2 3

(This case i want only Unleveled wall so i only add Unleveled wall text script.)

4. Install some creator's lot/house that make with Unleveled wall.
ex. Unfurnished houses by Jonesi
http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=128540
http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=176510

Go to game and see Unleveled wall icon is ready to use! Good luck~
Screenshots
Test Subject
#337 Old 23rd Sep 2011 at 2:08 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Symanteco
I have a 64bit Vista system and i don't see the Scriptorium subdirectory in my sims-downloads directory. Does it work with 64bit Vista?

I have Windows 7 64 bit i can see Scriptorium in Downloads.
Space Pony
THANKS POST
#338 Old 2nd Oct 2011 at 6:40 AM
Unleveled walls! These will make my pencil house so much easier to build! Squee~
Test Subject
#339 Old 27th Nov 2011 at 3:32 PM
This is just great! With these walls I can build house of my dream with one click.
Then I have a quastion:
I tried to make my own custom walls, which can let the light through, just to be able to built patios/yards surrounded by walls but with normal external lighting. But in the end the walls (and wallpapers on them) are too bright, almost shining. Is there any opportunity to make them look normally? And what I did wrong?
Sorry for my poor English)
Test Subject
#340 Old 4th Apr 2012 at 2:27 PM
Maybe i'm a jackass, but i didnt understand how to install it.
Could please someone explain it step by step.
TY!
Test Subject
#341 Old 19th May 2012 at 4:33 PM
Default Help? :-)
Having a bit of a problem adding the wall to another...I keep getting a cutaway in the wall I can't seem to get rid of. Tried to constrain walls cheat but that just gives me a massive spike in the height of the wall.

Attached a picture of the problem, hope you can help!
Screenshots
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#342 Old 13th Jul 2012 at 8:15 AM
Anphobia : I doubt that if you used boolprop constrainfloorelevation prior to installing and using Numenor's walls that it might work too well. I can't tell for sure, perhaps somebody else could help you, because Numenor is no longer active at modthesims today.

derovverpro might want to have a look at Numenor's Scriptorium in the first place, here :

http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=192613

It might be complicated and a long reading, but the Scriptorium is necessary for those walls. And if you use any object needing Numenor's Scriptorium for a lot you'd share, you are strongly invited to mention that you used such objects requiring Scriptorium, or downloaders will have a lot crash.

Numenor was a very meticulous CC modder for the Sims 2 and always did his very best to update, explain and help. Now he sadly retired from the Sims 2 community.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#343 Old 13th Jul 2012 at 11:03 PM Last edited by therebel292004 : 25th Jul 2012 at 11:43 PM.
Is there any tutorials on how to use the unleveled walls? I have seen the Quonset hut that was made, and wish to make my own, (changing the colors and such to fit my Alaskan town)?
I see custom content windows do not work with the unleveled walls.
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#344 Old 12th Sep 2012 at 11:37 PM
I'm really glad you made this. I'm making a castle (based on a real one in Denmark) and I reached the 2000 wall limit. This mod lets me get around that using the no cutaway walls. I just wish there were some more "normal" walls that could be considered "custom" walls so I could get around it that way, too.

But still, this is a godsend. Until I worked on this castle, I didn't even know there was a wall limit!
Test Subject
#345 Old 1st Nov 2013 at 10:04 PM
Default lol me too
Quote: Originally posted by Symanteco

same though I have 32bit
Test Subject
#346 Old 1st Nov 2013 at 10:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by wiccaspell
I've done all that and its still not showing up in my wall tools. I deleted the stuff from thumbprints to see if it was there, just the icon wasn't showing up, but no go. i've also tried putting the package in downloads like some ppl suggested still wont work. i have all of the expansions except Freetime wondering if its not compatible with some EP? i've spent about 3 hours reading and re-reading through everything but im still wondering if im missing some step or something.

Have you downloaded scriptorium?
Field Researcher
#347 Old 16th Nov 2013 at 6:16 PM
Hi. I have a question. I don't think your custom walls have this feature (sorry if it does). I was wondering if it's possible to make a wall that doesn't block outdoor light or any indoor lighting from windows in different rooms? I like how the light flows through an open floor plan, but when you close off the room it blocks the light from the other room. I would like to make a custom wall that does this. A visible wall that doesn't block lighting from the surrounding rooms. Hope this makes sense. :/ Thank you
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#348 Old 5th May 2014 at 2:12 PM
I resisted using the un-leveled and the no-cutaway walls for years, fearing problems. Why was I so concerned, I wonder? These walls are great! Thanks.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#349 Old 16th Jul 2014 at 9:54 AM
Thank you ! :)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#350 Old 16th Jul 2014 at 9:54 AM
Thank you ! :)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#351 Old 19th Feb 2015 at 1:40 AM
Oh Numenor. I'm back!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#352 Old 25th May 2015 at 9:11 AM
Oh my gosh, Numenor, I am actually gobsmacked, I don't know what to say! You just keep em coming, don't you? Thank you, I love these, and I'll be overusing the hell out of these!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#353 Old 12th Oct 2015 at 7:44 PM
I searched for a thing like your walls for years! I love them and they improved my game so much, finally the rooms really look like rooms again. Thank you very much for your amazing work!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#354 Old 31st Jul 2016 at 6:31 AM
These are wonderful. I'm excited to add some new walls into my game.
Test Subject
#355 Old 19th Sep 2016 at 11:21 PM
Is there a Sims 3 equivalent of this?
Mad Poster
#356 Old 13th Feb 2018 at 2:54 PM
Can a prison wall cast no shadow in an update, please?
Test Subject
#357 Old 26th Feb 2018 at 12:09 PM
For ages I have been trying to find a solution for distorted garage walls hooked into basement homes and I just randomly gave this a try when I failed at MooTilda's No-Slope Basement tutorials. I didn't believe my eyes when I saw a non-distorted concrete block wall after placing one of these. This is purely amazing. Thank you very much!
Alchemist
THANKS POST
#358 Old 27th Jun 2018 at 6:11 PM
Amazing! I no longer have to stare into the bathrooms all the time. Thank you so much!
Also, since the instructions here older and the comments so long, I'm confirming for future searchers that Scriptorium and the no-cutaway walls work perfectly in UC with Windows 7.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#359 Old 3rd Sep 2018 at 2:57 PM
The prison wall was exactly what I needed for my out-door living lot. Thank you for making it available . :)
Test Subject
#360 Old 25th Mar 2020 at 5:57 AM
was wondering if there is a tutorial somewhere. I had to install #90 for CatherineTCJD's 1920's Vintage Home Design series but it doesn't show up in my game.
Yes I use scriptorium already and don't have an issue with stairs that I had to use for it.
Mad Poster
#361 Old 29th Mar 2020 at 4:09 AM
I also got "unlevel walls" for one of Catherine's 1920 lot. NOW what I have is the stage type of foundation; the other three types don't show up at all! Tried to delete the foundation on a house already built (the basic foundation and the one with lattice) but could not! I've removed .txt & .package files, but this (somehow!) did not fix the foundation. I noticed you have a download for Maxis default, but wouldn't that delete all the other files that I have in the scriptorium files? And why would this mod for walls affect foundations?

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Mad Poster
#362 Old 31st Mar 2020 at 5:04 AM
I will append my posts that use Wall #90 with an installation explanation. I love this wall - it fixes a multitude of wonkiness! Especially with CFE foundations and roofs.
@not_s0_0rdinary and @grammapat - I'm not sure I can help with your issues, but I can tell you how I have it installed it on my machine...

I hope it helps

Please ~ support my TS2 habit! Shop at my Etsy shops:
CatherinesJewelry ~ Artisan Jewelry
Catherine's MOUSE ~ Up/Recycled Jewelry
and Vintage Stuffeths
Mad Poster
#363 Old 31st Mar 2020 at 10:30 PM
Catherine: thanks, but I downloaded that hack just like you did (into Scriptorium & Downloads), and deleted it from both places. Foundations still messed up.

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Test Subject
#364 Old 1st Apr 2020 at 7:23 AM
@CatherineTCJD
Thank You SO MUCH!
I now have it in my game.
Should I try re downloading your houses because the doors still gray out and the round lights still go into the next floor above......
I just had my game open and I just realized I should have took screen shots

Magickal
Mad Poster
#365 Old 1st Apr 2020 at 3:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by not_s0_0rdinary
@CatherineTCJD
Thank You SO MUCH!
I now have it in my game.
Should I try re downloading your houses because the doors still gray out and the round lights still go into the next floor above......
I just had my game open and I just realized I should have took screen shots

@not_s0_0rdinary - You shouldn't need to reDL (unless you deleted it from your lots bin) Just bulldoze the old one and plant a new copy from the Lot Bin. It should be fixed. I'm glad it worked

and Vintage Stuffeths
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#366 Old 8th Dec 2021 at 9:28 PM
Thank you
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#367 Old 20th Oct 2023 at 10:36 AM
I'm building a huge lot, and already knew about the wall limit but was thinking of working around it with this setup. As I understand it, you should use Unleveled Walls for all normal walls and leave the vanilla walls for foundations and half walls? Also if you ever build normal walls on a lot is there somewhere something that keeps track of how many walls you have used up that should get reset? Or does this reset when I say use ConvertiWall and change all my normal walls to ID: 90 (Unleveled Walls)? Leaving the count at foundations and half walls? AND does Unleveled Walls have its own count, in other words will I reach a 2000 wall limit using Unleveled Walls? The lot I'm building is a hospital, it will obviously have a ton of wall segments. I see there is a text def giving Unleveled Walls an ID of 90. So if there IS a wall limit using Unleveled Walls, could I add ID 91 to the same text file, filling in the rest like 90 is set up... Like so:

wall 91
defaultPattern "blank"
wallThickness standard
mayChangeSurface true
mayAttachObjects true
mayCutAway true
requiresFlatBottom false
requiresFlatTop false
submersible false
deleteTool partition
thumbnailResource 0 0x499db772 0xccc30160
thumbnailResource 1 0x499db772 0xe9261347
thumbnailResource 2 0x499db772 0xfeed5515
thumbnailResource 3 0x499db772 0xfeed5510
catalogTextIndices 0 1 2 3

convert all the 90 ID walls to 91 so that I could continue to use more of the ID 90 walls in game. Basically I would not bother if these Unleveled Walls dont have a limit.
Test Subject
#368 Old 20th Oct 2023 at 10:47 PM
Hi everyone, I need your help! I installed the program "SCRIPTORIUM" and "Custom Walls Repository", did everything as it should, but in the game nothing changed!

TXT files in The Sims 2 - TSData - Res - Catalog - Scripts - Scriptorium_Walls-Fences-Arches

.package files in UserName - Documents - EA Games - The Sims 2 - Downloads

And in game... Why?
Mad Poster
#369 Old 21st Oct 2023 at 12:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Lady_Nana
Hi everyone, I need your help! ...
Did you drop the .txt file into your Scriptorium shortcut, and put the .package file in your documents/Downloads folder?

and Vintage Stuffeths
Test Subject
#370 Old 21st Oct 2023 at 12:34 AM
Quote: Originally posted by CatherineTCJD
Did you drop the .txt file into your Scriptorium shortcut, and put the .package file in your documents/Downloads folder?

Yes, but as you can see, nothing appeared in the game....
Mad Poster
#371 Old 21st Oct 2023 at 1:05 AM
Yes, but as you can see, nothing appeared in the game....
Sometimes people have different install paths.
If I were you, I'd open the files paths and make sure there is a copy of each file in where it should be.
One in you program files (the scriptorium shortcut) and one in your Docu/downloads folder.

The scriptorium shortcut should open to this:
Screenshots

and Vintage Stuffeths
Test Subject
#372 Old 21st Oct 2023 at 1:12 AM
Sometimes people have different install paths.
If I were you, I'd open the files paths and make sure there is a copy of each file in where it should be.
One in you program files (the scriptorium shortcut) and one in your Docu/downloads folder.

I've already double-checked everything, everything is in place as it should be. I even tried reinstalling the SCRIPTORIUM program and reinstalling txt and .package files, but no new walls appear in the game, only the standard ones. I have an empty game, that is, no mods or hacks installed. Only SCRIPTORIUM and Custom Walls Repository.
Yes, I have the same as you. But nothing appeared in the game....
Mad Poster
#373 Old 21st Oct 2023 at 2:18 AM
I've already double-checked everything, everything is in place as it should be. I even tried reinstalling the SCRIPTORIUM program and reinstalling txt and .package files, but no new walls appear in the game, only the standard ones. I have an empty game, that is, no mods or hacks installed. Only SCRIPTORIUM and Custom Walls Repository.
Yes, I have the same as you. But nothing appeared in the game....
Sounds like you've done everything I know to do. I'm sorry I don't know any other tricks.
I hope someone else comes along who can help you get it sorted. Good luck!

WAIT a minute!!! Your one screenshot says Sims 3 - this is for Sims 2!

and Vintage Stuffeths
Test Subject
#374 Old 21st Oct 2023 at 2:31 AM
Anyway, thank you.
WAIT a minute!!! Your one screenshot says Sims 3 - this is for Sims 2!

Yes, I know. In addition to Sims 2, I have Sims 4 and Sims 3 installed. And I installed the S3PE program for it, which is why all the package files that I have on my computer, this program thinks that they are exclusively for Sims 3... Screenshots are mine made from Sims 2 and its folders.
Page 4 of 4