Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 26th Apr 2020 at 2:53 AM
Default Colored squares when I hover over a sim?
I've noticed while playing the sims 3, sometimes when I go to interact with someone, there is a colored square next to them and I think a number as well. The squares are different colors depending on the sim I'm talking to. I have no idea what they are. Could someone so kind tell me what they are please?
Advertisement
Undead Molten Llama
#3 Old 26th Apr 2020 at 5:56 AM
It's probably their social group info. The University EP added three social groups -- Jocks, Rebels, and Nerds -- that your Sim can become part of by interacting with existing members of those groups or by doing certain actions. Painting street art and using herbs, for instance, earns you rebel points. Playing computer games and reading comic books earns you nerd points. Playing sports, obviously, earns you jock points. Once your Sim (or a townie Sim) has earned enough points to join the group, they'll have that square with a level number for the group(s) they are a part of. (A Sim can be a member of all three at once.) That way, if you want to level up, say, Rebel, you look for Sims with Rebel points to interact with. (Which is easiest done on the Uni campus, where pretty much everyone is a member of at least one group.) Points degrade over time, though, so unless you continue to do things to earn points, you'll eventually drop out of groups.

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Muh Simblr! | An index of my downloads on Tumblr.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 26th Apr 2020 at 9:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by iCad
It's probably their social group info. The University EP added three social groups -- Jocks, Rebels, and Nerds -- that your Sim can become part of by interacting with existing members of those groups or by doing certain actions. Painting street art and using herbs, for instance, earns you rebel points. Playing computer games and reading comic books earns you nerd points. Playing sports, obviously, earns you jock points. Once your Sim (or a townie Sim) has earned enough points to join the group, they'll have that square with a level number for the group(s) they are a part of. (A Sim can be a member of all three at once.) That way, if you want to level up, say, Rebel, you look for Sims with Rebel points to interact with. (Which is easiest done on the Uni campus, where pretty much everyone is a member of at least one group.) Points degrade over time, though, so unless you continue to do things to earn points, you'll eventually drop out of groups.

Yeah I finally found something that told me, after I posted this but I didn't know how I became in a group but I guess it was the street art 'cause it says I'm a rebel now. He wants to gain a new rebel level though and I wasn't sure how to do that. You say interact with other rebels? I was just going around talking to everyone lol.
Mad Poster
#5 Old 26th Apr 2020 at 10:16 PM
"Check Social Groups" by clicking the selected Sim or from their phone. You can navigate through the tabs of each social group to find how what you have to do to proceed to their next level.

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Undead Molten Llama
#6 Old 26th Apr 2020 at 11:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MissRobison
Yeah I finally found something that told me, after I posted this but I didn't know how I became in a group but I guess it was the street art 'cause it says I'm a rebel now. He wants to gain a new rebel level though and I wasn't sure how to do that. You say interact with other rebels? I was just going around talking to everyone lol.

If you want to increase the rebel level by interacting with people, then only interacting with fellow rebels will help with that. That's why there are those flags or squares or whatever, so you know who is what. Unfortunately, in a regular world (as opposed to a Uni world), unless it's full of Sims who've been to Uni, it's not likely that many of them will belong to any of the social groups. In the Uni world, as I said, almost all of the premade Sims belong to at least one of the groups, so it's easy to increase level by interacting there. But there are lots of other things you can do to increase rebel level, all of which can be done in a regular world. Street art, as you saw. Using herbs either by cooking with them or just eating them (They all have different effects). Dumpster diving. Playing with the kicky ball. Starting and participating in protests. (You have to be at a certain level to be able to start them, and depending on the type you choose, leading a successful one can have an effect on the whole town. Like, giving every employed Sim in town a raise, for instance.) And I'm sure there's more that I'm not remembering. You can check on a smart phone in-game to find out all the things you can do to increase your level for each of the social groups.

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Muh Simblr! | An index of my downloads on Tumblr.