Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

[Now Compatible 1.67] Minimum Wage/More Realistic Earnings, Higher Tuition, Higher Boarding School Costs, Higher Grant Money

by Madam Doofie Posted 13th Nov 2012 at 6:33 PM - Updated 18th Sep 2021 at 9:54 AM by Madam Doofie : Added my new links to the description so people don't think SinfulSimming (me) stole my mods.

104 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 56 Feedback Posts, 47 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 3 of 5
Test Subject
#51 Old 13th Apr 2013 at 7:24 AM
I am also going to pipe in and say a plead to update this mod. The sims is too freaking easy and I well...need this mod! Please, Please, Please update!!!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#52 Old 16th Apr 2013 at 10:51 AM
If you can't get into buildings, here is my solution and I promise it works :D

1. Remove the mod from where you placed it, delete it etc..
2. (Optional) Delete your family - I say you just delete it and start over, plus it's only a game.

3. Go into a new world and create a new family, and there you go it works!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#53 Old 19th Apr 2013 at 2:33 AM
plz update this! :c
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#54 Old 21st Apr 2013 at 1:20 PM
Thank you so much for the update! Been waiting for it since Uni came out! Glad that you haven't forgotten about it :D
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#55 Old 29th Apr 2013 at 12:01 AM
Thank You!!!!! *So happy about the update!!!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#56 Old 29th Apr 2013 at 1:29 AM
Awesome! Once I get use to playing University, I will definitely add this to my game!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#57 Old 17th Jul 2013 at 2:39 AM
Is this compatible with 1.55? I'd love to have this mod.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#58 Old 17th Jul 2013 at 8:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Strawberry Kiwi
Is this compatible with 1.55? I'd love to have this mod.

Yes, it is compatible like it says!

"Whatcha doin'?"
"Probing your mind."
"Kinda roomy, innit?"
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#59 Old 11th Aug 2013 at 6:36 PM
Just wanted to drop by with a note of appreciation for this mod. I really like it, use it a lot. Thanks ever so much for sharing it with us!
Field Researcher
#60 Old 22nd Sep 2013 at 4:20 AM
Are these amazing mods compatible with patch 1.57? :o

"Tomorrow may be hell, but today was a good writing day, and on the good writing days nothing else matters." - Neil Gaiman

Test Subject
#61 Old 2nd Nov 2013 at 11:19 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Edorenel
Are these amazing mods compatible with patch 1.57? :o

What about 1.63?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#62 Old 13th Nov 2013 at 3:37 PM
Thank you, and bless you for riding the "we have too much money" boat. Sometimes I'm amazed two generations in when I have upgraded everything and still have millions leftover- even on legacy runs! The prep school price increase was genius, but I really enjoy your reasoning that different industries have wildly varied rates of pay- honestly, Bill Gates didn't make money running a diner!
Test Subject
#63 Old 14th Nov 2013 at 5:08 PM
i love this mod but it don't work for 1.63 can you please update it

( I wish I )
( were a real )
( llama. )
(I love Delphy! )
Test Subject
#64 Old 15th Nov 2013 at 10:15 PM
Default temp update
Quote: Originally posted by syion
i love this mod but it don't work for 1.63 can you please update it

I took the package and taught myself how to edit it, included the new careers (botarena and astronomer) and made up a few somewhat sensible values to them. also fixed a mistake where the rank 7 sports agent was getting more pay then it was supposed to.

I have not fully tested it so use at your own risk!

Code:
http://speedy.sh/fJ4qk/careers-1.63.package

All credit goes to Madam Doofie
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#65 Old 19th Nov 2013 at 2:52 PM
thank you i will test it
Test Subject
#66 Old 10th Jan 2014 at 2:14 PM
Hmm, I thought it was this I had, but mine doesn't work for active carrier( my rank 10 fire-fighter still makes almost 3000. Gonna see if I can uninstall that one and install this one instead.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#67 Old 10th Jan 2014 at 8:08 PM
I installed the one for lower pay, but the pay is even lower than said in the charts. I started the culinary track. I'm supposed to start at 8 pr hour with the new one, but started with now. Atm I've advanced to line chef and NOW I'm making 8 pr hour, due to the chart I should be making 14 pr hour now.

All good for lower pay, but this is a bit too low. I'm making a loss each time I go to work due to paying the babysitter( she wants 75 my pay is 48, supposed to be 84). I love the mods, but it's a lot more severe than it's supposed to be. I forgot to install the one for active carrier, if I hadn't I wouldn't even been able to pay the rent with 2 people working full time. Can you tweak the numbers so they fit with what you wrote in the spoiler post on the front page?
Lab Assistant
#68 Old 27th Jan 2014 at 4:45 PM
anyone know if it works with 1.67?

fire in kitchen starts: everyone in house comes to yell at it!!
Test Subject
#69 Old 1st Feb 2014 at 8:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by emo_princess
anyone know if it works with 1.67?

Not for me, 1.66 no Problem but since 1.67 no more working. =(
Lab Assistant
#70 Old 3rd Mar 2014 at 9:24 PM
Aww chucks, i was really looking forward to play with this mod!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#71 Old 26th Mar 2014 at 5:54 AM
Great mod, but how do you change pay details for professions? Any change I make to the XML seems to break the mod. Also, is there any way to reduce tips (Eg, getting $210 to babysit for 10 hours?)
Lab Assistant
#72 Old 23rd Apr 2014 at 4:17 PM
It still works for you? ipwnza?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#73 Old 31st May 2014 at 4:56 AM
Yes, on 1.63. Problem is that I can't edit the xml...
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#74 Old 8th Jun 2014 at 2:07 AM
Sims was way to easy before. I remember Sims 1 not being able to afford walls for some of my games, and I liked the challenge.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#75 Old 22nd Jun 2014 at 5:42 PM
Love this~ Will make my game more challenging and rewarding to play :)
Page 3 of 5