Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#5526 Old 20th Jun 2020 at 5:27 PM
When I forget which mods I put in which AGS . . .

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#5527 Old 20th Jun 2020 at 7:03 PM Last edited by inspiredzone : 20th Jun 2020 at 7:16 PM.
I wish desert land looked the same in lot view as it does in hood view. There are all these beautiful colorations in the land in hood view, especially in mountains, and then you load a lot, and the whole landscape becomes a uniform beige.

ETA: These are the same view, in hood versus lot view:
Screenshots
Test Subject
#5528 Old 21st Jun 2020 at 2:00 AM
Mine are the movies which were added in Freetime. Why do they have to be so. freaking. loud?! It's even louder than cinematics sometimes!
Mad Poster
#5529 Old 21st Jun 2020 at 7:06 AM
Quote: Originally posted by inspiredzone
I wish desert land looked the same in lot view as it does in hood view. There are all these beautiful colorations in the land in hood view, especially in mountains, and then you load a lot, and the whole landscape becomes a uniform beige.

ETA: These are the same view, in hood versus lot view:

Maybe this: http://modthesims.info/d/592878/desert-fix.html helps a little bit?
Forum Resident
#5530 Old 22nd Jun 2020 at 3:21 AM
The stripes don't bother me as much as the lack of color variation on the mesas.
Mad Poster
#5531 Old 22nd Jun 2020 at 4:27 AM
Having an upload completely finished, but no inspiration for a story to pair with it as a description.

Welcome to the Dark Side...
We lied about having cookies.
Forum Resident
#5532 Old 22nd Jun 2020 at 6:06 AM
^I've been sitting on 2 uploads for a month because I don't know what to name them.
Scholar
#5533 Old 22nd Jun 2020 at 12:58 PM
Sims who are not total slobs should automatically wash their hands after they use the toilet.
Mad Poster
#5534 Old 22nd Jun 2020 at 1:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sturlington
Sims who are not total slobs should automatically wash their hands after they use the toilet.

Already fixed with mod Always flush toilet/ wash hands
Mad Poster
#5535 Old 23rd Jun 2020 at 4:51 AM
Mine was not being able to cleanly hide the annoying ground slopes caused by making basements with walkouts and sunken patio areas which was just recently fixed by downloading and installing CC retaining walls which can cover those annoying slopes to make it look cleaner.
Scholar
#5536 Old 24th Jun 2020 at 2:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Annaminna
Already fixed with mod Always flush toilet/ wash hands

Thanks for the helpful pointer! Love the mod, but now all my Sims' sinks are breaking from being used so often. Grrr. Oh well, good excuse to get a mechanical point or do a bathroom remodel.
Mad Poster
#5537 Old 25th Jun 2020 at 6:27 PM
My newest annyoance is that Dodge is looking a little like construction zone right now with the town being prepared for the coming winter and some unfinished builds needed to be finished enough to seal up the completed section before winter arrives as it's nearly fall in 1841 and they're worried it might be a repeat of the winter of 1840.
Scholar
#5538 Old 25th Jun 2020 at 10:42 PM
"OMG nudity!"
"OMG nudity!"
"OMG nudity!"
"OMG nudity!"
"OMG nudity!"

I get that the game considers the whole lot to be the bathroom, since the area isn't fully enclosed yet, but for pity's sake, the shower is behind a wall, so there's no line of sight, the shower itself has an enclosed stall, and the Sims screaming about each other's nudity are married with children!

Just another of those little 'features' the game designers thought was cute, but didn't test enough to realize how incredibly annoying it becomes after a while.
Scholar
#5539 Old 25th Jun 2020 at 11:38 PM
Screaming because the person you just woohooed is nude also can wear thin after a while. Probably if you're in love with someone, you shouldn't mind seeing them naked. Wonder if anyone's made a mod to fix that.
Mad Poster
#5540 Old 25th Jun 2020 at 11:43 PM
Screaming because the person you just woohooed is nude also can wear thin after a while. Probably if you're in love with someone, you shouldn't mind seeing them naked. Wonder if anyone's made a mod to fix that.

You are right. There is a mod for that.
Mad Poster
#5541 Old 26th Jun 2020 at 12:35 AM
Quote: Originally posted by BlueAlien
the Sims screaming about each other's nudity are married with children!

Probably if you're in love with someone, you shouldn't mind seeing them naked. Wonder if anyone's made a mod to fix that.

Cyjon's Less Naked Freakout (http://cyjon.net/node/405) is a good one.
Also Pescado's noshockforoutgoing (http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/ffs/).
Scholar
#5542 Old 26th Jun 2020 at 4:09 AM
Thanks, @Rosawyn. I'd Googled nudity and nekkid, but not naked, and screaming and reaction, but not freakout. It's all in the keywords!
Mad Poster
#5543 Old 26th Jun 2020 at 5:23 PM
I used to find the reactions to naked sims annoying when playing my BACC and knew it would be a problem for my homesteader's challenge and TOT challenge so I went for that BO no naked emmitters which makes it far more realistic.
#5544 Old 27th Jun 2020 at 2:18 AM
The Curious Brothers' house.

I don't mind the look of the house, it's the Sims' routing that frustrates me. There are doors leading to the outside of the house all over and Sims seem to take the longest possible route when going places in that house. I deleted all exterior doors except the front door. I turned their sunroom into an actual greenhouse for Lazlo who's into nature. I also completely redid the interior wall layout, but tried to keep it as quirky as the original layout. There's still a bathroom in the middle of the house, but now there's also a master bathroom for Pascal and Nervous's room. Vidcund and Lazlo still get their own rooms, and there's even a nursery for Pascal's alien toddler, Vidcund's alien baby, and Nervous and Pascal's adopted daughter. They have less than $200 left, but at least the house is more spacious and I didn't have to touch the exterior walls at all.
Mad Poster
#5545 Old 27th Jun 2020 at 3:14 AM
Quote: Originally posted by BeckyBoo8

I don't mind the look of the house, it's the Sims' routing that frustrates me. There are doors leading to the outside of the house all over and Sims seem to take the longest possible route when going places in that house. I deleted all exterior doors except the front door. I turned their sunroom into an actual greenhouse for Lazlo who's into nature. I also completely redid the interior wall layout, but tried to keep it as quirky as the original layout. There's still a bathroom in the middle of the house, but now there's also a master bathroom for Pascal and Nervous's room. Vidcund and Lazlo still get their own rooms, and there's even a nursery for Pascal's alien toddler, Vidcund's alien baby, and Nervous and Pascal's adopted daughter. They have less than $200 left, but at least the house is more spacious and I didn't have to touch the exterior walls at all.

Their outdoor landscape was nightmare for me. It is impossible to flatten.
Mad Poster
#5546 Old 27th Jun 2020 at 4:24 AM
I removed all the extra columns, platforms, etc. from the roof and replaced with a single elevator shaft leading to just one platform with a telescope on it. I also sold the extra television. The Curious brothers ended up with somewhere over $10,000 which helped pay for a proper upstairs for the children to live in.
Mad Poster
#5547 Old 27th Jun 2020 at 9:59 AM
When 50:50 chance turns to be 1:10. I already disabled cutscenes to faster the process. It is pretty annoying to see 30 min. same sim giving a birth.
Field Researcher
#5548 Old 27th Jun 2020 at 10:19 AM
The Goths' house... There is always someone who wants to go up or down the stairs, there's routing and someone (or everyone) who yells at me and drop their queue. And then there is the tiny corridor... Yesterday, between Cassandra who wanted to go to the baby, Don who wanted to go to the toilet, the maid who wanted to go to the Master bedroom to make the bed, the toddler who wanted to cuddle the dog, the dog who wanted to reach the toddler and Alexander who wanted to go down to the kitchen (so everyone who was in the house at the moment ), the... dog was the one who solved the whole mess!
Mad Poster
#5549 Old 27th Jun 2020 at 12:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by BeckyBoo8
Thanks to Jo's Strangetown contest a couple of years ago, it's the Beakers who live in that house in my game now. Nervous has finally got out of his dungeon, and now sleeps in a bedroom high up in the sky!

Considering how many of my Sims wear hardly anything, I find it amusing that they get shocked because someone has removed the last fragment of fabric. I might look at Cyjon's mod.

My own pet peeve at the moment is when my Sims can't go on a group outing because there's a child in the house -- even though the child is included in the proposed group for the outing. I really don't want a no social worker mod -- children shouldn't be left alone in the house for hours. But Nancy Philippine wasn't going to leave her little brother -- she was trying to take him with her:

Nancy's boyfriend Gerard was out at work. I had intended to let Nancy and Scot go to school, but, after a break-in during the night, they were both far too tired, so I left them both in Simlogical Flexi-School for another day. The idea was for Nancy to take Scot out to the Electronics Superstore to buy a new television, and then take him for a meal out afterwards. They were both still in a casual group after she and Gerard had taken him out to buy new clothes the night before, so after breakfast she phoned for a taxi. When it arrived, she actually got dressed and went out to get into it, but then announced that she couldn't go, because she had to stay with Scot. Well, Scot then ended the casual group, and Nancy phoned for a taxi again, saying that it was for multiple Sims. This time, when it came they both got in and went to the Superstore. Unfortunately it turns out that Malcolm Landgraab doesn't stock the mid-priced TV that Nancy was after. So she bought a ยง93 ghetto blaster instead, and she and Scot took the taxi back downtown to Teenmealz, which is a cozy little restaurant for young people very close to where they live in Greaves Avenue. Unfortunately I had forgotten that they weren't in a group, so when Nancy went to the podium to be seated, the host (who is also called Nancy) showed her to a table on her own, leaving Scot to fend for himself. Now it turned out not to be so bad, as Scot wasn't nearly as hungry as Nancy, so he happily spent his time playing chess with little Hermes Hunter on an outdoor chess table in the garden behind the restaurant. And afterwards they did form a group and had a meal together at the poolside restaurant at the Veronaville Swim Centre. And, if Malcolm won't stock it, I suppose they'll just have to buy their new television from the Buy Mode catalogue.

So, all told, we managed to work around the problems, but it would have been simpler if the game had just accepted that the child was in the group, so there never was any question of him being left alone. GRRR!

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Top Secret Researcher
#5550 Old 27th Jun 2020 at 1:45 PM
My pet peeve today - when a toddler is placed on the potty and pretty much does nothing, getting off almost immediately, but the potty is full, so then the parent has to empty it (or buy a new one) and put the kid on it again.
Page 222 of 275