Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#8301 Old 18th Jun 2020 at 7:38 AM
Well, if it was a masterpiece (which it was not), having any of my playable sell it would fulfill fulfill any associated wants and add a completely undeserved memory. And if it was really crappy, selling it could fulfill my playable's associated fear. The money also goes towards the active sim's personal "eared money" counter, which is important for wants/LTW. Obviously this is far more important with more valuable paintings, where I also run the risk of earning a totally undeserved memory that I would then have to remove with the memory manipulator or SimPE.
Advertisement
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#8302 Old 18th Jun 2020 at 11:40 AM
I learnt of a 'new to me' bug. If a sim gets more than 10 cooking points they can't cook. I randomized a pair of skilless elders in a download hood since elders should have some skills and she got '10' cooking but when I sent her to cook only juggle came up. After forcing error, resetting her and buying a new fridge I decided to have a google. Apparently it's possible through mods, SimPE or gaining points from work when the skill is already at 10 for the sim to have more than 10 and this stops them cooking. I used the sim manipulator to take away 1 point and she still showed as 10 and could cook again, somehow the randomize skills had given her 11 in cooking.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Scholar
#8303 Old 19th Jun 2020 at 1:19 AM
That some Sims will purposely flush the toilet while someone else is in the shower. At least, that's what it looked like.
Mad Poster
#8304 Old 19th Jun 2020 at 5:37 PM
I found that my own custom built apartment lots almost alwys worked better than the EA ones and were mostly cheaper to live in even when it's not subsidized housing which was done with the M&G green energy sources placed on the lot in buy mode before anybody is moved in.
Top Secret Researcher
#8305 Old 21st Jun 2020 at 8:21 PM
Playing with toddler on the logic thing doesn't improve the relationship.

Omnia - Fantasy / Mythological / Medieval Hood
Ephemera MoreColorful - SimpleSkin Recolors
Mad Poster
#8306 Old 21st Jun 2020 at 8:30 PM
Wasn't there a mod that fixed that? I could be remembering wrong.
Mad Poster
#8307 Old 22nd Jun 2020 at 8:18 AM
Today I discovered that combining simler90's Cleaning Mod with Pescado's No Dishes In The Bathroom and then placing a bathtub in the kitchen (I couldn't bathe the dog in the bathroom!) results in sims refusing to use the kitchen sink to wash dishes. They pick them up and then put them back down on the counter. They'll still use a dishwasher without complaint, though.

For the record, this is not a "conflict" since both mods are working exactly as designed: Pescado's mod is preventing sims from washing dishes in any room that contains a toilet, tub, or shower, and simler's mod is preventing sims from throwing the dishes in the trash. It just took me a few failed tries before I realized what the problem was.
Field Researcher
#8308 Old 22nd Jun 2020 at 12:41 PM
I discovered a hood I had made ages ago, probably around the time I got the meetmetotheriver's premade hoods as shopping disctricts and I had realized that I could play my favourite hoods many times over and over again. This specific hood (Pleasantview and Riverside) was made because I wanted to see how it plays in-game if Don leaves Cassandra at the altar. Apparently I had played a little more than that. I had named the hood "Donville" and the purpose was just to have fun with Don! I was checking a family to see what I had done with them and Don passed outside jogging. He stopped to do the usual stretching and... I got a full view of the disaster I had given him a cc workout outfit which was supposed to leave his torso naked. I don't know much about broken cc outfits but this is definitely one. His torso appeared distorted and the pants left his butt naked too! Now I have to find and delete this outfit. Thankfully, no other sim use it or else I would have found out about it earlier...

The other discoveries were even funnier. Cassandra was not only left at the altar but she was also left with a... present by Don, she was pregnant! I looked around the other families and Don has, also, impregnated Dina Ross (I think Don Baxter will have something to say about that ), he has Bella living in his condo and also pregnant (oh! the scandal ) and he is also the father of Lisa Russilo's unborn baby! I can't remember how Virginia Thompson got pregnant but, at least, this baby's father is Marty Anderson...
Yeap! Fun with Don... He is going to have so much fun when he starts to pay the child support for all these babies
Mad Poster
#8309 Old 23rd Jun 2020 at 4:43 AM
I discovered that installing CC retaining walls gives me a way of fixing the ground slope issues when there's a functional basement with a walkout or sunken patio area and I can finally make those builds look a lot better with retaining walls.
Alchemist
#8310 Old 24th Jun 2020 at 12:41 AM
In the interest of SimScience, I've found a clean, safe way to add the Tricous alive and well to any hood. I converted MeetMe2theRiver's cleaned Downtown (contains only the Tricous and Neengia) to an attachable subhood, then, using only SimPE, I created a family instance for them and resurrected them. They can now be added as a subhood and, either, played in the subhood, or the subhood can be deleted and the sims will end up in the bin of the mainhood. Since this first pic, I've made a second separate family for Neengia. Right now they are in an, otherwise, empty version of Downtown, but I'll also put them in an empty hood, in case people just want the sims and don't want the large download of lots.
Screenshots
Mad Poster
#8311 Old 24th Jun 2020 at 2:06 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Sunrader
In the interest of SimScience, I've found a clean, safe way to add the Tricous alive and well to any hood. I converted MeetMe2theRiver's cleaned Downtown (contains only the Tricous and Neengia) to an attachable subhood, then, using only SimPE, I created a family instance for them and resurrected them. They can now be added as a subhood and, either, played in the subhood, or the subhood can be deleted and the sims will end up in the bin of the mainhood. Since this first pic, I've made a second separate family for Neengia. Right now they are in an, otherwise, empty version of Downtown, but I'll also put them in an empty hood, in case people just want the sims and don't want the large download of lots.

Very cool. I assume with this their names couldn't get randomised. Are all the "Teens" given the surname "Tricou"?
Alchemist
#8312 Old 24th Jun 2020 at 2:43 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Rosawyn
Very cool. I assume with this their names couldn't get randomised. Are all the "Teens" given the surname "Tricou"?

In MeetMe's fixed DT, they were already named Tricou, except for the one named Neengia. No, no names are randomized because they are not townies. Once they are in a family, they are playables, so they keep their relationships, memories, names... everything. Only playable sims in a family will be left behind in the main hood bin if you delete their subhood, afaik.
Lab Assistant
#8313 Old 24th Jun 2020 at 4:03 AM
I just found out that children can "torment" teenagers. I always assumed it was an interaction limited to other children and toddlers. But, he was the youngest child, and I figured it was worth a shot. And, yep, he was able to torment his teen brother!
Theorist
#8314 Old 24th Jun 2020 at 10:13 AM
Only playable sims in a family will be left behind in the main hood bin if you delete their subhood, afaik.

I'm not sure what you mean by this. If Bluewater Village adds townies alongside playables such as M. Landgraab, the game won't delete townies if you delete Bluewater Village from the neighborhood you created Bluewater Village for. Same goes for young adults - students (both player controlled and dormies) of La Fiesta Tech won't get deleted if you delete the campus, they'll just move over to Sim State University.

The sole reason why you need to keep at least one campus after you've added one to a neighborhood is because the game doesn't delete young adults when you delete campuses. That being said, it also doesn't support playing that life stage anywhere else because of them not aging the normal way, so they can only "exist" on campuses where their age is essentially controlled by hours left until their graduation/expulsion/decision to drop out.
Forum Resident
#8315 Old 24th Jun 2020 at 10:28 AM
When you make a new Downtown subhood with a Sim City 4 map in-game, the game will add in the default Downtownies (the Tricou teens, Remington Jitmaksol, Cara Livingston...)

Which means I spawned like 30 more downtownies for nothing )
Mad Poster
#8316 Old 24th Jun 2020 at 11:53 AM
Quote: Originally posted by topp
The sole reason why you need to keep at least one campus after you've added one to a neighborhood is because the game doesn't delete young adults when you delete campuses. That being said, it also doesn't support playing that life stage anywhere else because of them not aging the normal way, so they can only "exist" on campuses where their age is essentially controlled by hours left until their graduation/expulsion/decision to drop out.

I'm not sure that makes sense. Dormies are just townies who are young adults, they are in exactly the same family as all the other townies. I can't think of any reason that something would happen to them if you delete all of your uni campuses, they would just remain young adults who are in the townie family. Townies don't age anyway, and if you ask a dormie to move into a non-uni lot they automatically transition to adult, so it's not like a lack of the uni hood would really cause any problems for them. They probably wouldn't show up as walkbys on any lots unless you've specifically allowed for them to do so with mods, but other than that it doesn't really make sense that anything would break.
#8317 Old 24th Jun 2020 at 3:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sugoisama
When you make a new Downtown subhood with a Sim City 4 map in-game, the game will add in the default Downtownies (the Tricou teens, Remington Jitmaksol, Cara Livingston...)

Is that harmful to the game? Because now the Tricou teens are present but their relatives' graves are not. I've always been hesitant about making a Downtown for this reason.
Mad Poster
#8318 Old 24th Jun 2020 at 4:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kestrellyn
I'm not sure that makes sense. Dormies are just townies who are young adults, they are in exactly the same family as all the other townies. I can't think of any reason that something would happen to them if you delete all of your uni campuses, they would just remain young adults who are in the townie family. Townies don't age anyway, and if you ask a dormie to move into a non-uni lot they automatically transition to adult, so it's not like a lack of the uni hood would really cause any problems for them. They probably wouldn't show up as walkbys on any lots unless you've specifically allowed for them to do so with mods, but other than that it doesn't really make sense that anything would break.

But the colleges also include playables, who need a place to exist. Whoever wrote the code apparently didn't consider the possibility that anyone would want to delete a college after all the playables in it had graduated; not the first time the coders didn't anticipate the full range of things gamers might want to do. Because frankly that's an impossible task.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Mad Poster
#8319 Old 24th Jun 2020 at 5:17 PM
If you're deleting the college after all the playables have graduated then there will be no playable young adults to cause problems, though. I'm not sure what bad things you think will happen.
Mad Poster
#8320 Old 24th Jun 2020 at 6:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kestrellyn
If you're deleting the college after all the playables have graduated then there will be no playable young adults to cause problems, though. I'm not sure what bad things you think will happen.

It's not a question of my thinking of bad things to happen. As I understand it, the game doesn't allow anybody to delete the last college, that's all. It was coded that way.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Test Subject
#8321 Old 24th Jun 2020 at 7:03 PM
I didn't technically discover this, but I was having a look through Pleasant Sims's Twitter and came across this neat little trick for CAS.

I take a LOT of time fine-tuning my Sims' faces. It would've been nice if I had known about this 16 years ago when I started playing The Sims 2!
Mad Poster
#8322 Old 24th Jun 2020 at 8:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sugoisama

Quote: Originally posted by BeckyBoo8
Is that harmful to the game? Because now the Tricou teens are present but their relatives' graves are not. I've always been hesitant about making a Downtown for this reason.

If you disable the default townie pools, I believe that should avoid this entirely.
Alchemist
#8323 Old 24th Jun 2020 at 8:34 PM Last edited by Sunrader : 24th Jun 2020 at 8:48 PM.
In MeetMe's fixed DT, they were already named Tricou, except for the one named Neengia. No, no names are randomized because they are not townies. Once they are in a family, they are playables, so they keep their relationships, memories, names... everything. Only playable sims in a family will be left behind in the main hood bin if you delete their subhood, afaik.

Quote: Originally posted by topp
I'm not sure what you mean by this. If Bluewater Village adds townies alongside playables such as M. Landgraab, the game won't delete townies if you delete Bluewater Village from the neighborhood you created Bluewater Village for. ...

I didn't say any were deleted. I said that they weren't left behind in the bin of the main hood, in the context of talking about why their names wouldn't be randomized. It's an issue that townies, when added through subhoods, have their names randomized. This is a nuisance for people who want to preserve certain townies from vanilla hoods. I've looked into transferring townies and avoiding this randomization by moving them into a family first through SimPE (possibly creating an new FAMI to move them out of 7FFE, for example). In any case, there are no other townies in this subhood I used to move in the Tricou and Neengia, but they were all originally in the Default FAMI and there was no other FAMI in the hood, so I created two new ones and moved them into it when I resurrected them, so they would remain in their original state when the subhood was deleted. I've not explored issues with Uni at all.

Addendum... The other reason for the FAMI, that I thought was clear, was that if I deleted their subhood and dumped them into an empty hood as DEFAULT sims, I had no idea how they would be accessed. They needed to show up in the bin, which is what playables in families do.

Anyway, hopefully, that's clearer.
Lab Assistant
#8324 Old 24th Jun 2020 at 10:02 PM
I discovered that there's another stair animation that I haven't seen yet. It's like a cross between the sneak and lazy/dejected one when you tell a sim to do something they don't want to do. I have no idea what spurred it but it was kinda funny to see her so hunched over.

Mad Poster
#8325 Old 25th Jun 2020 at 6:39 PM
I discovered that your town in the game ends up looking like a construction zone when they have to start getting prepared for the coming winter and time is running out to get ready before the season changes.I also noticed that a family's home lot often looks like a construction site when they start building their first shelter to house them though their first winter in their new homestead when they moved out west in the 1840's to start a new life.
Page 333 of 445