Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
#8426 Old 3rd Aug 2020 at 8:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Neverwinter_Knight77
I had always "assumed" that the surgeon would wear green scrubs. Turns out, it's the lab coat, but with different colors. I'm wondering what the female version looks like, because the pink pants / yellow shirt combo in the other female lab coat outfit didn't look good.

It's this, for both surgeon and medical researcher.

I always thought it was dumb the nurses wore ugly green jump suits instead of scrubs. They look like janitors.
Screenshots
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#8427 Old 3rd Aug 2020 at 10:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sunrader
I discovered how to flip a terrain so I can edit in SC4 in whatever orientation I prefer, and how to turn the terrain so it can face the sun.
Hi @Sunrader - I'm sorry for the late reply to this, but do you think you might please consider sharing this knowledge somewhere when you have the time? I've always wanted to be able to do these things and would love to learn how. Thank you!
Alchemist
#8428 Old 4th Aug 2020 at 1:36 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Synergy
Hi @Sunrader - I'm sorry for the late reply to this, but do you think you might please consider sharing this knowledge somewhere when you have the time? I've always wanted to be able to do these things and would love to learn how. Thank you!

Sure, I can do this. I already wrote it up for myself, anyway, so I wouldn't forget. Will give you a heads up. Meanwhile feel free to PM if you have a burning question.
Mad Poster
#8429 Old 4th Aug 2020 at 2:19 AM
Apparently if your date gets eaten by a cowplant during the date, that's actually enough to make it a bad date and your date will chastise you about this from beyond the grave.
Scholar
#8430 Old 4th Aug 2020 at 2:35 PM
So one of my college students was really harassing the cafeteria cook and he never came back to work! Is that normal behavior (I mean, I can understand it), or is it borked?
Field Researcher
#8431 Old 4th Aug 2020 at 3:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sturlington
So one of my college students was really harassing the cafeteria cook and he never came back to work! Is that normal behavior (I mean, I can understand it), or is it borked?

It depends what mods you have in place. Like if you have the Visitor Controller and you've banned enemies, and the cafeteria worker became enemies with a dormie, then I don't think he'd come back.
Scholar
#8432 Old 4th Aug 2020 at 7:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Coriel_Muroz
It depends what mods you have in place. Like if you have the Visitor Controller and you've banned enemies, and the cafeteria worker became enemies with a dormie, then I don't think he'd come back.

No, I don't use Visitor Controller or any mod that I know of that would ban someone from coming onto a lot.
Field Researcher
#8433 Old 4th Aug 2020 at 9:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sturlington
No, I don't use Visitor Controller or any mod that I know of that would ban someone from coming onto a lot.

Hmmm. Did a different cafeteria worker show up, or do you now have no cafeteria worker whatsoever?

Is it only on that lot? It sounds like there's something amiss in your game, whether it's caused by a mod conflict or corruption is unknown to me and you may want to go to the help section if deleting the stove and buying a new one and then exiting and re-entering the lot doesn't fix anything.
Mad Poster
#8434 Old 4th Aug 2020 at 10:54 PM
Was the cafeteria worker made selectable at some point? From my experience, somtimes the game starts treating them like a visitor, and if they leave due to low motives they don't come back. Replacing the cafeteria stove usually makes them come back.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Mad Poster
#8435 Old 4th Aug 2020 at 10:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kestrellyn
Apparently if your date gets eaten by a cowplant during the date, that's actually enough to make it a bad date and your date will chastise you about this from beyond the grave.

Using SimWardrobe's Crumplebottom purse to wallop your date will immediately end the date:

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Scholar
#8436 Old 5th Aug 2020 at 12:54 AM
No other cafeteria worker showed up. I didn't notice until everyone started complaining of hunger and I realized the fridge was also almost empty.

What I decided to do was kick all the students out of the dorm, so I think that should reset the dorm altogether. If that doesn't work, I'll try deleting and rebuying the stove. I did play another dorm after theirs and the cafeteria worker was there (a different one). We'll see if there's anything funny next time I come around to university.

It did amuse me to think that the cafeteria worker just quit in a fit of pique after Olivia was ripping him a new one for who knows what. Thanks for the helpful suggestions!
Lab Assistant
#8437 Old 5th Aug 2020 at 1:20 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Sunrader
Sure, I can do this. I already wrote it up for myself, anyway, so I wouldn't forget. Will give you a heads up. Meanwhile feel free to PM if you have a burning question.
That will be so great, thank you! I won't have access to my simming/sc4 computer again until September, so I don't have anything pressing right now, but I will be eager to read this when you have it ready. Thank you again so much!
Scholar
#8438 Old 5th Aug 2020 at 6:39 PM
In the absence of anything else to gossip about, children and even teens will whisper to one another about (shock! horror!) a stray dog losing a fight.
Field Researcher
#8439 Old 5th Aug 2020 at 8:34 PM
I discovered that the drawings kids make on the activity table can be pinned to the wall once completed <3

I rarely ever play with toddlers, but recently I've been enjoying it a lot, so many cute details!
Top Secret Researcher
#8440 Old 7th Aug 2020 at 12:56 AM
If you close a business just after you've called to start a party, the guests will go home right away when they enter the lot. And no matter if you bring them back with the Spawner from sim manipulator, the party will still be a Disaster. Same goes for having a party at an open business where the guests buy things and then go home.

BUT! I discovered it actually is possible to save the party if you bring the guests back before the party timer has appeared!

Omnia - Fantasy / Mythological / Medieval Hood
Ephemera MoreColorful - SimpleSkin Recolors
Lab Assistant
#8441 Old 9th Aug 2020 at 3:26 AM
I just found out that ghosts can interact with each other! I guess I don't normally have several on a lot. But I saw my Ghost Cat and Ghost Dog playing with each other. Then, the very next night, Ghost Grandma was playing Ghost Fetch with Ghost Dog.

I had no idea and thought it was adorable.
Mad Poster
#8442 Old 9th Aug 2020 at 10:24 PM
I loaded a lot in one of my older neighborhoods to discover that the graves of the family dogs were missing. Since I'd been playing for awhile, I exited the game and ran the Hood Checker to clean up any problems before I tried to get the graves back. Hood Checker reported fixing several errors regarding missing graves. I restarted the game and went back into the lot to respawn the dogs' graves, but they were already back! This may not always work, but running Hood Checker is one more thing to try if you have missing graves, especially pet graves which can be a pain to respawn.
Forum Resident
#8443 Old 10th Aug 2020 at 6:25 PM
That following a death after Grimmy leaves, when the Hula Zombies fade out they leave in their underwear.
Screenshots

All of my Conversions, Creations and Stories may be found here:
HobbesED's Conversions and Creations

My most recently shared items (with pictures) may also be found here:
HobbesED's Dreamwidth

#8444 Old 12th Aug 2020 at 8:11 PM
I discovered that even children can lecture babies when they have a dirty diaper
Mad Poster
#8445 Old 13th Aug 2020 at 7:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Coriel_Muroz
I realized the placement of the expensive bath/shower with curtain side open to the entryway was because they pull the curtain closed when they shower.

I always thought it was stupid that it was open on the outside cause water should get on the floor. After all these years I finally watched the animation carefully.

It irritates me that ghost cause the curtain to close, and you can't make them reset.

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
#8446 Old 14th Aug 2020 at 2:37 AM
I discovered that there is a maximum amount to how many Sims can appear in the loading screen picture.

My Romana family had 2 adults, 4 children, and 2 toddlers, and 2 babies. All appeared on the loading screen.
This past rotation, the babies aged to tots and another baby was born. Now, the loading screen shows everyone in the family except the two who just aged to toddlers. Sorry Pastor and Septus, not only do you have the worst names in the family (they literally named their 7th kid "seventh" in Latin), but you're out of the family photo too.
Scholar
#8447 Old 15th Aug 2020 at 11:12 AM
Default Correction
8 Sims and 2 pets is the household limit (more pets will be shown if there are fewer Sims in the household), as far as I can tell... ...but I never realised there was an 8-entity photo limit still (that dates back to base game, presumably).
Mad Poster
#8448 Old 15th Aug 2020 at 5:40 PM
Sims can get yelled at for stealing gnomes.

Mad Poster
#8449 Old 15th Aug 2020 at 9:51 PM
Not only get yelled at, the owner of said gnomes will track them down and steal them back.

Of course the only gnome they won't steal is the electrified one which will definitely discourage it. With a shock to the would-be thief.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Top Secret Researcher
#8450 Old 15th Aug 2020 at 10:52 PM
I remember once when that happened. One of my sims went off at night and came back with the gnome that had been stolen. In his inventory. At the time when going into a male sim's inventory crashed my game. Sigh.

I've got one or two things on MTS, but most of my stuff is on my main site here:
http://simcessories.blogspot.com/
(Now recruiting budding creators.)
Page 338 of 442