Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Australian Federation Collection

by darylmarkloc Posted 22nd Feb 2006 at 2:59 PM - Updated 16th Aug 2012 at 3:07 PM by darylmarkloc : Return to MTS

71 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 69 Feedback Posts, 1 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 3
Lab Assistant
#26 Old 23rd Feb 2006 at 6:46 AM
Absolutely brilliant, now I have to re-build all my homesteads. :D

Thankyou so much.

Hooroo,
hed
Test Subject
#27 Old 23rd Feb 2006 at 6:47 AM
I'm feeling homesick. A huge thankyou.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#28 Old 23rd Feb 2006 at 7:24 AM
Duds - Hmm..I didn't mention the collection package file did I? Yes, that should go in your collections folder The .PNG and .BMP you can put where ever you like..they aren't required but I provided them to make it easier if anyone wants to recolour the door.

I live vicariously through my Sims. This is a sad reflection on my life and theirs.
Field Researcher
#29 Old 23rd Feb 2006 at 7:37 AM
really nice set, yep a Queenslander is on my to do list
more more more
Please

Facts are meaningless they can be used to prove anything
Lab Assistant
#30 Old 23rd Feb 2006 at 12:20 PM
These are very nice items, which will go great with my houses. Thanks very much

If you have a house which you want creating, PM with a link to the plans/picture, and I will message back with comments saying if I can do it or not. I will try alter the design before I say I can't do it.
Test Subject
#31 Old 23rd Feb 2006 at 3:39 PM
This is exactly the kind of stuff we need more of, I mean purple recolour appliances are fine, and I guess somebody needs a pink garage door, but this stuff has some thought and authenticity behind it. Bravo!
Mistress of architectural mishaps
retired moderator
#32 Old 23rd Feb 2006 at 3:59 PM
Well I'm not Australian, but I sure appreciate beautiful and well made objects like these. Thank you very much!

Retired from Simming
Field Researcher
#33 Old 23rd Feb 2006 at 6:44 PM
Fab work!!! thank you so much
Lab Assistant
#34 Old 24th Feb 2006 at 2:45 AM
Yay!! Aussie stuff. I have a federation style house, although not quite that grand. Good work!

Join me and together we can rule the galaxy as father and son.

If you would like to help me to make my new set of objects and recolours based on a horror theme, please visit the following thread:
http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=112085
Lab Assistant
#35 Old 24th Feb 2006 at 3:28 AM
Wonderful set... thank you for sharing!!
Lab Assistant
#36 Old 24th Feb 2006 at 5:19 AM
I've just had a play with this set and its WONDERFUL! I love it!!! I built a nice old Aussie homestead with bullnose verandah all around and HYDRANGEAS!!. I've just done some stone modular stairs that are perfect with your goodies! Thank you and big hugs
Cathy
Lab Assistant
#37 Old 24th Feb 2006 at 9:19 PM Last edited by Havelock : 24th Feb 2006 at 9:26 PM.
Sorry darylmarkloc me again :sorry: . Another glitch with the dubble hung window. See snapshot what happens. Its the diagonal Window from where you have cloned. Your Window Wallmask overrides the original one.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#38 Old 24th Feb 2006 at 10:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Havelock
Your Window Wallmask overrides the original one.

Fixed. I committed the ultimate sin - I obviously didn't press "commit" after changing the info so as to preserve the new GUID :naughty:

I live vicariously through my Sims. This is a sad reflection on my life and theirs.
Lab Assistant
#39 Old 25th Feb 2006 at 1:15 PM
A big thank you for your fast fixes and the wonderfull set. :salute:
Test Subject
#40 Old 26th Feb 2006 at 4:49 AM
Thanks for this fabulous set!! I love the federation houses, (i want one when i buy my own place!!) this is a fair dinkum set!!

As an aussie chick, i love anything aussie i find for my sims!! lol

Did you ever stop to think, and forget to start again? - Winnie the Pooh

It is more fun to talk with someone who doesn't use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like 'What about lunch?'
--Winnie the Pooh--
retired moderator
#41 Old 26th Feb 2006 at 1:11 PM
Hi Darylmarkloc, :sorry: this time it's me (not Havelock) reporting a glitch:
The diagonal door is showing fine on one side, but is transparent on the other. See snapshots
Screenshots

Retired from Simming
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#42 Old 26th Feb 2006 at 9:19 PM
No need to be sorry nengi..it was my fault! I am just grateful people can let me know when they find a fault so I can fix it. In this case, an easy fix

retired moderator
#43 Old 26th Feb 2006 at 9:23 PM
Thanks for the ultrafast fix!

Retired from Simming
Instructor
#44 Old 27th Feb 2006 at 4:49 AM
I was directed here for meshes when I downloaded Nengi's Australian Federation houses. I can't understand how I missed this when you first uploaded it. WOW this is fantastic! Last week I asked Luthien if he could do a classic Queenslander, only he hadn't seen one. I BET YOU COULD THOUGH!!!!..................LOL Seems like lots of people would certainly go for it to build their aussie towns (hmmm subtle enough?) Thankyou for all the time and effort that must have gone into this. Oh I see you have a eucalypt tree, now we need a koala and maybe a kangaroo!
Test Subject
#45 Old 28th Feb 2006 at 1:36 PM
Brilliant work, mate! Growing up in Brunswick i've had the opportunity to see quite a bit of this kind of verandah. Well done and dont stop now!

But I, being poor, have only my dreams;
I have spread my dreams under your feet;
Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.
- William Butler Yeats 'Aedh Wishes For The Clothes Of Heaven'
Lab Assistant
#46 Old 9th Mar 2006 at 6:37 AM
Whoohoo! Aussie all the way! It's nice finding things that allow us to make Sims2 environments that look like our own.

the crazy cat lady.
Test Subject
#47 Old 25th Mar 2006 at 12:16 PM
I love this set. I've been working on a model of my house (a renovated miner's cottage in Melbourne) and this set matches it almost perfectly. I was wondering one thing though. Is it possible to get it so that the columns can be recolored to match the iron lace? Some green columns would be great and I have absolutely no clue about modifying objects. Still a fantastic set either way.
Lab Assistant
#48 Old 7th Apr 2006 at 7:08 PM
wow not sure how I missed this.

Anyway, can you be more specific as to what is dependant on what, there are parts I want to keep and others I dont.

No offense intended, its all beautiful but I am just getting over dl addiction and 5gigs of content so I am trying to be more selective now on only dl and keeping what I will actually use regularly.

Not sure if you are keeping up with this thread or not still, but I hope you see this and reply or pm. thanks.
Lab Assistant
#49 Old 7th Apr 2006 at 9:44 PM
Wonderful! Thank you dor sharing
Lab Assistant
#50 Old 8th Apr 2006 at 12:30 PM
This set is great, reminds me of driving through Fremantle south of Perth. Now I just need some convict sims to build my Homes. Top job THUMBS UP!
Page 2 of 3