Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

"Carina SpotLight" Modular Stairs

by Numenor Posted 10th Oct 2006 at 1:12 PM - Updated 12th Oct 2006 at 7:21 AM by Numenor : Added info for the Q-Xpress users

110 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 104 Feedback Posts, 5 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 3 of 5
Field Researcher
#51 Old 11th Oct 2006 at 2:11 AM
Wow, thanks! These are great!
Forum Resident
#52 Old 11th Oct 2006 at 2:22 AM
OMG Numenor you've done it again! You've created something very cool that no one thought possible.

Thanks, I'll be using this one! :D
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#53 Old 11th Oct 2006 at 2:24 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Cephise
I downloaded, located the normal downloads folder and modular stairs folder, but can't find a folder called Custom Lights. Probably my fault. Should I make one? Should it be in the same place as the mod stairs folder?

Run the Scriptorium Installer again, and be sure that all the default entries, including the support for custom Lights, are selected.
If - by chance - the first time you deselected the lights because you didn't want the Radiance, don't worry: you can safely choose the default option "Lights / Original Maxis lights", and no Radiance will be installed.
If you still have problems, please post in the Scriptorium thread and I will help you.

Quote: Originally posted by sharon
One observation and a quick questions: when you choose "Download all above files with Q-Xpress" the .txt and .nlo files are not included.

Also, I have chrissy's carina stairs from TSR will this mesh allow you to use all the rails from the orginal set or will I have to keep both versions to have all the options?

Oops! I never realized that the Q-Xpress didn't install files different than the ordinary packages...
Yes, I can confirm that using the Q-Xpress, the TXT file and the NLO files are lost. You have to download the ZIP, open it and manually extract the two missing files (BTW, this means that with these stairs the Q-Xpress is just useless...).

Regarding the Carina Stairs by Chrissy, posted at TSR, while they have obvious similarities with these SpotLight Stairs, they are completely autonomous objects. The rails from the original sets, at the moment, are not usable on the Spotlight Stairs.
But I know that Chrissy is planning to create many variations of the SpotLight Stairs, for the pleasure of all of us! :D

I've finally started my Journal. Information only, no questions.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

I *DON'T* accept requests, sorry.
Test Subject
#54 Old 11th Oct 2006 at 2:34 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Numenor

Regarding the Carina Stairs by Chrissy, posted at TSR, while they have obvious similarities with these SpotLight Stairs, they are completely autonomous objects. The rails from the original sets, at the moment, are not usable on the Spotlight Stairs.
But I know that Chrissy is planning to create many variations of the SpotLight Stairs, for the pleasure of all of us! :D

Thanks for the clarification, I'll just have to wait patiently to see what else she adds to the set :D
Test Subject
#55 Old 11th Oct 2006 at 2:50 AM
Ok, kool Good job! Cant wait to see your next creations :D

Tabs the kitty ;)
Mouse says hi!
Instructor
#56 Old 11th Oct 2006 at 3:43 AM
I suppose there's no way to install these using the old (non-Scriptorium) method then? I never had any problem with doing it that way...
Instructor
#57 Old 11th Oct 2006 at 4:08 AM
I requested stairs with lights about 2 month ago on a different site,who do requests, and never got a reply.
To find them here now is absolutely amazing.
I'm overjoyed.
Thank you so much.

D...
Lab Assistant
#58 Old 11th Oct 2006 at 5:32 AM
Excellent Job! Thank You .
Field Researcher
#59 Old 11th Oct 2006 at 5:37 AM
Simply fantastic! Thanks bunches Numenor and Chrissy6930. :lovestruc

Once a tightly-furled bud, the house was slowly revealing itself to him, its petals unfolding to expose its secret beauty. ~When Shadows Whisper, P.1|Part 4|MSR Story List & FAQ|MSR Graphics
Lab Assistant
#60 Old 11th Oct 2006 at 5:48 AM
Brilliant, Simply Brilliant, This is amazing. A must have item in my book

THANKS........
Test Subject
#61 Old 11th Oct 2006 at 8:55 AM
well, finally de-flowered my scriptorium.
these are pretty darn cool. thanks for making them!

"nothing spectacular"
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#62 Old 11th Oct 2006 at 9:47 AM
Quote: Originally posted by AmberDiceless
I suppose there's no way to install these using the old (non-Scriptorium) method then? I never had any problem with doing it that way...

Sure, you can install them in the "old way", if you like: the text to be manually added to the modularstairs.txt is the same that you can find in the TXT file included in the ZIP. I didn't explained the "old method" because the Scriptorium is much easier; by the way, if you have problems or doubts regarding the Scriptorium, post your questions in the Scriptorium thread and I will answer you.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

Scholar
#63 Old 11th Oct 2006 at 11:16 AM
In the last few days,with your Scriptorium and now these new stairs you brought fabulous improvements to our games.Just a HUGE Thank You for all!
Field Researcher
#64 Old 11th Oct 2006 at 7:34 PM
Are you a game designer? Your mods are always great, amazing ... Thanks for sharing your creations.

I'm going to stop modding the sims 2.
Mad Poster
#65 Old 11th Oct 2006 at 7:38 PM
Wow, that's breath-taking... amazingly beautiful...
Thank you both... now, my poor sims don't have to walk in the dark on a big long aerial stair... :jump:
Test Subject
#66 Old 11th Oct 2006 at 8:56 PM
First off I must say I love these stairs. I love free floating stairs for many of my house designs. I installed all the files in the right places, but i'm having difficulty with the recolours, they aren't showing up in my game. Maybe i did something wrong. I put the txt and nlo files in their respective scriptorium files, and i put the mesh and recolours in the download section. All i see are the wood ones. Any help would be appreciated.
Top Secret Researcher
#67 Old 11th Oct 2006 at 10:00 PM
Well, there you go again, making something wonderful that makes everybody drool. I hope you enjoy this power you have. :-)

I've made some mods for The Sims 1 -- yes, The Sims ONE :-) -- which you can find at http://corylea.com/Sims1ModsByCorylea.html
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#68 Old 11th Oct 2006 at 11:32 PM Last edited by Numenor : 11th Oct 2006 at 11:45 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by NarcissaAMalfoy
I installed all the files in the right places, but i'm having difficulty with the recolours, they aren't showing up in my game. Maybe i did something wrong. I put the txt and nlo files in their respective scriptorium files, and i put the mesh and recolours in the download section. All i see are the wood ones. Any help would be appreciated.

All the recolourable modular stairs must be recoloured following a particular procedure, as explained in this thread.

Test Subject
#69 Old 12th Oct 2006 at 2:38 AM
thank you, I've never had recolors for stairs except on the big ones which have recolors right there. hopefully now i can change the steps to the color i saw.

Thanks for the help, and thanks for another cool object.
Research Worker
#70 Old 13th Oct 2006 at 5:06 AM
As always, agian an amazingly good idea and job. Thank you for all the wonderfull things you make.
Forum Resident
#71 Old 13th Oct 2006 at 6:25 PM
I'm sorry to bother you again, but when I was playing the game, the nights went pitch black, there was dawn(and I think dusk too). Is that part of the Scriptonium setup, when the installer ask you if you would like to keep the original maxis lighting or some new type by Maxis? It feels better to know where things came from
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#72 Old 13th Oct 2006 at 10:56 PM
Yes, you are talking about the Radiance mod, that is an optional part of the Scriptorium.

Either you have selected by mistake to install the Radiance, modifying the default Scriptorium options, or you were one of the few unlucky users that downloaded the version 1.0c: it has been online for two days only, before I'd realize that it had a bug, because it always installed the Radiance, even if the users selected the Maxis lighting .

Please redownload the latest (fixed) version 1.0e from the Scriptorium thread and reinstall the Scriptorium leaving the default options (Maxis lighting)

Blenderized to Pieces
retired moderator
#73 Old 14th Oct 2006 at 6:47 PM
Meraviglioso! Come sempre, lavoro grande. :0)
Test Subject
#74 Old 14th Oct 2006 at 10:05 PM
Really, I love the idea! Thats why i dowloaded it as it said. With scriptorium and all... And now, suddenly the lights inside my house is of at all times?? Even duren day, the house is pitch black, I dont know what to do. I have tried with windows all over the place Please, has this happend to anyone else? Does anyone know what to do?

So pissed this didnt work!!
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#75 Old 14th Oct 2006 at 11:26 PM
Trine, the darkness is due to the Radiance, that you have installer (on purpose or by mistake) along with the Scriptorium.
Go to the game option, in the graphics settings, and be sure that you have the lighting level set to MAX. The Radiance won't work fine with lower levels.

And if you really can't get rid of the darkness, then get rid of the Radiance: run again the Scriptorium installer and choose "Original Maxis lights"

Page 3 of 5