Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

-Insane Swimsuits- Women's Swimsuits Default Replacements

by Phaenoh Posted 29th Sep 2007 at 3:52 AM - Updated 10th Sep 2008 at 12:38 AM by Phaenoh

62 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 53 Feedback Posts, 8 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 3
Doing all the things, and *mostly* not failing.
retired moderator
Original Poster
#26 Old 23rd Oct 2007 at 8:22 PM
Sparklers are still sweet, just don't blow up your hand. Not being able to click the download button or the 'Post Thanks' button would be quite bad.
Field Researcher
#27 Old 24th Oct 2007 at 8:47 PM
That would be torture.
Test Subject
#28 Old 26th Oct 2007 at 11:49 AM
THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU !
I've always hated the swimsuits in sims! The only ones I didn't have a problem with was the string and flower. SO THANK YOU! These are amazing! Really nice job!

"Had I been present at the creation, I would have given some useful hints for the better ordering of the universe."
- Alfonso the Wise, 13th century
Instructor
#29 Old 27th Oct 2007 at 10:39 AM
i didnt mind most of these bathing suits...only the one you call double clasp(?) and that one i definately h a t e d. Really...i must say maxis is aesthetic BLIND and thank You so very very much for doing this and also for separating them so i could keep the others as they are and still get rid of those hideous things anyway! Wonderful. Thank you. and thank you again
retired moderator
Original Poster
#30 Old 27th Oct 2007 at 11:03 AM
i separate them for exactly that reason, personal taste. I, personally, didn't mind the tankinis at all, so that package isn't in my game at all. I figured someone wouldn't like it, so i did them all. Cuz I love you guys! Actually, its prolly cuz I love Maxis and I'm sad that no one seems to use anything but CC anymore. :-( (though I don't blame you all with some of the stuff they gave us)
Lab Assistant
#31 Old 2nd Dec 2007 at 11:18 PM
I don't mind the tankinis either. But when I saw what you did to that dark-tye-die one, I COULD NOT RESIST! To tell you the truth (and call me fashion-blind), I actually didn't mind those bikini-from-the-back-one-piece-from-the-front suits, but my sister forced me to get rid of them! funny times...

The flower suits are THE BEST. I liked those suits before (considering), and LOVE them now.

Finally, my romance sims beloved string bikinis will not all be in THOSE colours! thanks!
Test Subject
#32 Old 8th Dec 2007 at 12:52 PM
This is great! Now my sim women will not have to live with those terrible Maxis suits

YES! LONG LIVE TIE-DYE!!

Please. DON'T ask me who Frazier is, or I'll hurt you.
Test Subject
#33 Old 3rd Jan 2008 at 6:17 AM
Thanks for all your replacements! just one little suggestion: Could you put a notice which file goes into the \TSData\Res\Catalog\Bins into the archive together with the file which is supposed to go?

I download a lot of items, and maybe after the next re-install of TS2 I won't remember that some of your files need a special destination.
Forum Resident
#34 Old 22nd Jan 2008 at 5:12 PM Last edited by Starfish of Terror : 22nd Jan 2008 at 5:26 PM.
Ahhhhhhh. Thanks so much for going insane for us, oh worshipful one! Because these suit replacements are absolutely amazing. *gibberish* You have no idea how much I detested some of these suits, so these are just perfect. I think I've downloaded just about every single one of your default replacements! Where's the line to join your fan club? Do I get an 8x6 autographed glossy too?

Now all we need is a default replacement for those ugly dirty pajama/slippers that came with Nightlife...*shifty eyes*
retired moderator
Original Poster
#35 Old 22nd Jan 2008 at 9:21 PM
The line for the fan club is actually a button near the top of my profile pages that says "Add as a Favorite Creator". Sorry, no autographs.

I'm working in six directions at once, I'll eventually get to those pjs too.
Lab Assistant
#36 Old 4th Feb 2008 at 7:15 PM
The suits are lovely. I especially like what you did with the flowered suit. Thanks for sharing!
Test Subject
#37 Old 28th Feb 2008 at 2:32 AM
I love your work, but I have a small problem. When I download, I put the files in a subfolder (to keep things organized) in my Downloads, but it never shows up! I removed it from the subfolder and tried it like that, but it still didn't work.

Am I saving it to the wrong folder?
retired moderator
Original Poster
#38 Old 28th Feb 2008 at 2:43 AM
Is this happening with any of my other default replacements, or just this set? All of these packages should be in your downloads folder except the YAenabledsuits one, that one had special install instructions. Does your other custom content show up? Your SavedSims folder also works like your Downloads folder, try putting the problem packages in there too. Which expansion packs do you have?
Lab Assistant
#39 Old 9th Mar 2008 at 10:11 PM
I've been browsing thru all your default replacement sets (and downloading them of course!) and I just wanted to say THANK YOU. Your versions of what Maxis "attemped" to create are soooo much better -- they should be paying you to create their base clothing and eye colors for them! Kudos ... you're rocking these recolors and replacements! Thanks again

Purzion
*Happily Addicted To Sims 4*
Test Subject
#40 Old 6th Apr 2008 at 12:55 AM
These are great. Thanks!

~ttfn~
Lab Assistant
#41 Old 6th Apr 2008 at 1:59 PM
Awesome! I've downloaded a bunch of your replacement stuff. Question though, can I put this YA-thing in the C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\The Sims 2 FreeTime\TSData\Res\StuffPack and it will work there too? I have a lot of other stuff of yours there already and it would be nice to keep them in one place.

You're awesome!
/M

Sincerely,
<I>Mequila</I>
Lab Assistant
#42 Old 15th Apr 2008 at 10:16 PM
*waves* hi!!

Thank you, thank you THANK YOU so much for all your hard work!! I am about to finish downloading all your default replacements.
I rarely use one of the default clothes maxis included in the game, even avoided to make my baby grow up to toddler because I hadn't downloaded any new babyclothes yet and those shoes with the pj's really bothered me!

You did an awesome job all toghether and I thank you!
Your skins defenetly will be burned to my back up cd's alongside of the pictures of my kids in the zoo last summer
keep on doing the good work, you're very VERY much appriciated!
the other download that I love is the one where you have placed all the clothes in their proper catagories ... thanks hon!
will leave it at that before I spend all my online time on thanking you Gotta finish downloading before I go to bed
goodnight from the Netherlands!
Nina
Test Subject
#43 Old 19th Jun 2008 at 8:58 AM
Nice work done.

Only the color of plain teal suit replacement is bothering me. It's too much something common for work outfits. I would go for something a bit brighter, maybe more yellowish or grayish?
Lab Assistant
#44 Old 10th Mar 2009 at 6:42 PM
Aggh god! I love this recolour. Those old swimsuits, these new swimsuits...aggh! Thank you loads Phea! And not just for this one, t'others are awsome too!

There is no spoon
Lab Assistant
#45 Old 12th Sep 2009 at 12:28 PM
Thank you, thank you, thank you!!
I really wanted some new svimsuit, and these are great! :D

actually, the name is camille & this username is very, very old
Test Subject
#46 Old 23rd Dec 2009 at 7:58 PM
It's the Revolution! Viva la Revolucion! Down with Insane Maxis Objects, up with Phaenoh's creations! *marches around with banner*
Test Subject
#47 Old 20th Mar 2010 at 4:45 PM
I'm having the same problem as Sesshroku, though I haven't got YAenabledsuits. I've deleted "thumbnails" a few times before loading the game and every time I quit, it's there again. What am I doing wrong?

None of your default replacements are showing up at all, nor are any eyes (from other creators) I've downloaded either. I can't seem to make it work no matter how many times I try, and it really puzzles me too because I usually never have this kind of problem with any custom content.

Oh, and if it helps, I have: all expansion packs except for Pets, and no add on games.
retired moderator
Original Poster
#48 Old 21st Mar 2010 at 1:17 AM
Are you sure you have installed everything correctly? Do you have conflicting CC?
Test Subject
#49 Old 22nd Mar 2010 at 11:33 AM
Wow! These are the best default replacements I've ever seen. Thank you.
Lab Assistant
#50 Old 14th May 2010 at 6:25 AM
Love! I especially love the backs on the double clasp. And that the plain one pieces aren't so... weird in general. Thank you so much!
Page 2 of 3