Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Sims 2 Mod and GUID Checker Tool v1.3 <- unsupported

by dizzy2 Posted 29th Sep 2005 at 12:24 PM - Updated 24th Dec 2006 at 6:56 PM by dizzy2 : Obsolete

38 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 37 Feedback Posts
Page 2 of 2
Object(ive) Investigator
retired moderator
#26 Old 3rd Jul 2006 at 3:39 AM
Mostly, you you remove duplicates of custom guids. And remove/change unintentional dupes of Maxis objects.

Please don't PM me with questions. Post them in the appropriate thread.
Test Subject
#27 Old 5th Jul 2006 at 7:11 AM
Why does the main thread file is still the 13 file?

It took a time to run the program only to find out it didn't check for files with spaces and that I had to download the 13a file.

I suggest the thread to have some kind of This file is obsolete, updated file inside thread. So clueless persons like me wont lose time

Thanks a lot for the file!

And remember to check for duplicate files with Clean Installer first or duplicate files will show up as conflicting =)
Theorist
#28 Old 5th Jul 2006 at 5:51 PM
Default Intentional GUID Conflicts
Quote: Originally posted by twerplina
Sophie-David -- you mention that duplicates with Maxis objects are sometimes intentional. I wondered about that, but knowing little about modding I didn't know for sure.

So how do I know if I should remove duplicate GUIDs?
Quote: Originally posted by jaxad0127
Mostly, you you remove duplicates of custom guids. And remove/change unintentional dupes of Maxis objects.
The way I decide if the duplication with a Maxis GUID is intentional is to check the creator's post to see if she or he was aware of the conflict and did so for a reason. For example, many of the objects in Numenor's "Lost & Found" series have this characteristic. Numenor explained this very well in Post #28 here:
Quote: Originally posted by Numenor
The conflicting GUID is not a problem: in order to let the lamp appear in the catalog, I had to "clone" the original Object data, along with its GUID, and alter only the catalog displacement values. But the original Object Data is still into the objects.package, so SimPE gets confused and alerts you about a GUID that conflicts... with itself!
Object(ive) Investigator
retired moderator
#29 Old 5th Jul 2006 at 8:26 PM
Right. Dupes of Maxis Guids are usually intentional. Dupes of custom guids are always a problem.

Please don't PM me with questions. Post them in the appropriate thread.
Test Subject
#30 Old 8th Dec 2006 at 2:27 AM
donna40, open this file: My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Config\userStartup.cheat. Remove the line that says "boolProp lockTiles false".

i am having the same problem with sims 2 pets, but when i went to check that file "boolProp lockTiles false" was nowhere to be found.

any other suggestions?
Lab Assistant
#31 Old 22nd Dec 2006 at 7:01 PM
I am sooo confused.. =[
My sims2 is slowing down to the fact that i can't even load the sims in there houses. i belive there might be some corrupted files i have downloaded in the past.. and i don't know how to find which is corrupted,
if anyone can help me, i will be for ever greatful, please message me.
Emma x x
Test Subject
#32 Old 10th Jan 2007 at 5:05 AM Last edited by ladyinmo321 : 10th Jan 2007 at 5:21 AM.
Default I have the same problem
I agree with Emma. Can anyone help? Read the posts but don't understand what is being said since I don't modify stuff. I just download files. I ran the program mentioned...but what does the output mean??? I don't know anything about GUID's...I really don't understand at all. Furthermore I did not understand how to make the file into a txt file for reading later.

Quote: Originally posted by M!NOR!TY
I am sooo confused.. =[
My sims2 is slowing down to the fact that i can't even load the sims in there houses. i belive there might be some corrupted files i have downloaded in the past.. and i don't know how to find which is corrupted,
if anyone can help me, i will be for ever greatful, please message me.
Emma x x
Test Subject
#33 Old 6th Mar 2007 at 11:15 AM
it didn't create the output.txt file for me when it finished it said Press any key and so I did and it disappeared on me twice! What am I doing wrong? (the d2check is in downloads folder and all)
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#34 Old 6th Mar 2007 at 3:07 PM
satinee, you need to press Win+R and type in

cmd.exe

Then run d2check from the dos box.
Field Researcher
#35 Old 31st May 2007 at 3:56 PM
donna40, open this file: My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Config\userStartup.cheat. Remove the line that says "boolProp lockTiles false".

I don't have that line in that file, but i'm getting the same error.
Test Subject
#36 Old 21st Aug 2007 at 11:30 AM Last edited by shasgirl76 : 21st Aug 2007 at 12:12 PM. Reason: i figured it out
Default Im soooo confused
Quote: Originally posted by dizzy2
satinee, you need to press Win+R and type in

cmd.exe

Then run d2check from the dos box.

can you give a step by step on how to do an output file thanks not comp savy just download
Test Subject
#37 Old 17th Oct 2007 at 10:44 AM
Wow I'm with the above poster as I've run it in dos mode and it does say press any key to continue and CONTINUES to disappear. So how do we type in the output if it will just disappear? I have 10136 conflicts detected and my game has been crashing. This could be why. So...HELP?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#38 Old 17th Oct 2007 at 9:05 PM
I really think you guys need to check out Paladin's HCDU.

http://www.simwardrobe.com/

I'm not really interested in working on this anymore.
Forum Resident
#39 Old 12th Jan 2010 at 1:46 AM
Thank you for this Download and all of your tips.
Page 2 of 2