Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th Mar 2020 at 12:23 AM Last edited by keyqueen : 15th Mar 2020 at 1:03 AM.
Default Simpe not loading items from expansion packs
I'm trying to extract some meshes from Free time. However even after setting up the directions to my system files in the preferences settings object workshop only shows base game items. I am running UC but have installed the fix for that. The version of SimPE is .73.44.37511. I don't know if its the latest one as I was an able to find the creators site and downloaded from a software sharing site.

Anyone have any ideas to help me fix this issue?

edit- I just found the updated version of SimPE here, Still having the problem though.
Advertisement
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#2 Old 15th Mar 2020 at 8:34 PM
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 15th Mar 2020 at 9:53 PM
Sure, I've attached a screenshot to this post. As you can see I have already added the pathway to free time under system folders. Yet only base game content shows up in the object workshop catalog. As you can see in the second screenshot the free time nursery items are not listed.

Screenshots
Scholar
#4 Old 17th Mar 2020 at 2:05 PM
That is a fault with SimPE that I only recently realized, it would only truly recognise an EP is installed by windows registry. If you manually set the paths then a lot of SimPe's parts still won't recognise it because the registry path is not found. In the most recent version I added that if either the registry entry or the folder path exist then it exists to everything.

The most recent version (75.68.14) can be found on post 25 of The preservation project
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 18th Mar 2020 at 12:33 AM
Just a small update, I did eventually find a work around by opening the Freetime packages directly to extract the meshes and textures. Currently undergoing the agonizing process of converting the nursery furniture to TS3.

HugeLunatic,the PC TS2 is currently installed on is 32 bit so I don't actually have a Program Files (x86).
Chris Hatch, thanks for the info and link. I haven't been around the TS2 community lately and didn't know SimPE had been updated.