Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Nov 2020 at 11:49 PM
Default Unable to use bathroom on public lots
I've been playing the supernatural neighborhood and I noticed today when I tried to use the bathroom at the festival park, there was no option when I clicked on the door to use the bathroom. I then noticed when I took a vacation to Egypt, the camp area where I'm supposed to be staying has a bathroom area and the same thing happened when I tried to use that one as well. It looks like a rabbit hole? It has to be useable or else why would it be there? Especially the one in the camp area in Egypt. This can't be normal right? Has anyone else had this happen? I'm thinking maybe I downloaded some content or a custom world someone made and it somehow messed up rabbit holes? I think there was one that made me download rugs that were also rabbit holes and they said they were needed for the world to work? Not sure how a completely separate world would affect another world though. And I've had no problems with the rabbit holes anywhere else except the one's that look like bathrooms. I think they're rabbit holes anyways because if you zoom in, nothing is inside. Anyways, what would you all suggest I do? Or is that just normal not being able to use the bathroom on public lots in areas that look like a bathroom?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 18th Nov 2020 at 6:51 AM
A bathroom is nothing more than a regular full-access room that happens to have a toilet (or urinal) in it. Showers, tubs, sinks are optional. It sounds like what you are describing would be outhouses, those we cannot see inside of.

Some public bathrooms have gender-specific doors on them, and I think most of us have seen lots that have two men's or two ladies' rooms but none for the other gender placed by mistake. It's not usually difficult to change the doors on regular bathrooms within Build/Buy. But I've never heard of gender-specific outhouses, so possibly something else is going on there.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 18th Nov 2020 at 9:54 AM
Quote: Originally posted by igazor
A bathroom is nothing more than a regular full-access room that happens to have a toilet (or urinal) in it. Showers, tubs, sinks are optional. It sounds like what you are describing would be outhouses, those we cannot see inside of.

Some public bathrooms have gender-specific doors on them, and I think most of us have seen lots that have two men's or two ladies' rooms but none for the other gender placed by mistake. It's not usually difficult to change the doors on regular bathrooms within Build/Buy. But I've never heard of gender-specific outhouses, so possibly something else is going on there.

I realized the one in Egypt is an actual bathroom with stalls and toilets but there is a bathroom with the gender specific doors in the central park of supernatural neighborhood, that looks like a rabbit hole being as when I hover there is nothing there besides the building and the doors. Aren't I supposed to be able to use this bathroom even if it's a rabbit hole?
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 18th Nov 2020 at 10:05 AM
The effect you are describing for the festival lot happens when you are outside of the business hours. The building is closed to you and you cannot access it. As the only building on the festival lot is usually the bathroom, you only realize it there. Was it night or very early morning in game?
The one in Egypt should be accessible, I have no explanation for that.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 18th Nov 2020 at 11:14 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Smyrrna
The effect you are describing for the festival lot happens when you are outside of the business hours. The building is closed to you and you cannot access it. As the only building on the festival lot is usually the bathroom, you only realize it there. Was it night or very early morning in game?
The one in Egypt should be accessible, I have no explanation for that.

Hmm I never thought about that for the festival one. I realized the one in Egypt is an actual bathroom and not a rabbit hole. I just assumed they were all rabbit holes since the park one was so I didn't bother to check.