Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd Dec 2011 at 10:19 AM
Default Hicklegacy
Rules:

Your sims must be dirt poor and live in a trailer, or other small shack-like house. After you have built your trailer, use the family funds cheat (or just buy a lot of trees) to get your family's income level down to 1,000 dollars.

Give your sims appropriate traits for this challenge: Couch potato, absent minded, unlucky, clumsy, etc.

The men can have part time jobs or can advance to level 2 in regular careers. This is a big accomplishment for them, considering their lack of good traits!

Your female sims must have as many babies as possible before becoming elders on, obviously, a quite limited budget. They may not have the family oriented trait, nor the Surrounded by Family LTW. They are not interested in their children, they are interested in woohoo but have no money for contraception and no self control for abstinence. Therefore, they should not waste their time trying to teach their children any important skills, just get pregnant again instead. Social workers are A-OK!- any children you HAD still count towards the score.

No sim may complete their lifetime wish throughout the entire challenge.

You cannot move more than 10 sims out of the trailer over the course of the challenge. You can, however, kill family members and move their graves to a cemetery penalty free.

There must be at least one social pariah in the family, with whom everyone has a negative relationship with.

No cheating!

SCORING:

+1 for every fight/brawl
+1 for every social pariah
+1 for every enemy made
+1 for every affair
+1 for every child born
+1 for every child born out of wedlock
+1 for every child born out of wedlock to a pizza delivery guy
+1 for every child that receives a failing report card
+1 for every time the repo man comes
+1 for every time your bank account goes below $10

-1 for each family member moved out of the trailer after the 10th
-1 for every ltw completed
-1 for every time the bank account goes above $3,000
-1 for every family member with a full time job over level 2

"I don't want to die without any scars."

“The world is gonna try and clean you up, what you gonna do about it? They’re gonna try and make you pretty, what the fuck you gonna do about it? You’re gonna say I wanna stay ugly.” -Gerard Way
Advertisement
Alchemist
#2 Old 2nd Dec 2011 at 6:12 PM
This sounds entertaining. When your original couple dies, though, what do you suggest happens?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 3rd Dec 2011 at 5:45 AM
Quote: Originally posted by coltraz
This sounds entertaining. When your original couple dies, though, what do you suggest happens?

Well my initial thought was a legacy (so you would pick an heir and keep it goin) but I'm not sure It would stay interesting for 10 generations... I've definitely done this type of thing for a few gens but eventually I wanted my sims to start trying to overcome their poverty stricken background... maybe I'm just too nice.

Jerry Springer + Squidbillies = this challenge

edited for typo

"I don't want to die without any scars."

“The world is gonna try and clean you up, what you gonna do about it? They’re gonna try and make you pretty, what the fuck you gonna do about it? You’re gonna say I wanna stay ugly.” -Gerard Way
Field Researcher
#4 Old 4th Dec 2011 at 3:21 AM
ok, i'm going to try this. i made the squid family. krystal, she's fat and pink with obviously bleached hair, and earle, he's wiry and green with black hair, then i decided to go on ahead and make rusty. green, wiry, red hair.

the parents have 1 or 2 "good" qualities, but mostly stuff that'll help them along their life of lazyness and "sin" (the baby makin) but poor rusty never gets credit for bein as smart and cool as he is, so i gave him some nifty stuff, he got family oriented, i dont know iffn ya'll saw the squidbillies where he got a girl pregnant, but i did. rusty is a good boy... if him being family oriented makes it too easy, i'll move him out or change the trait. i thought about making gramma, but i dont have a mod that allows more than 8 sims and they need critters.

they're in a 10x10 shack with a basement. fully fenced lot. zombie safe, just in case of zombies... i dont know yet if it's deer and wild horse safe, but they are expecting their first lil bundle of "joy". rusty sleeps in a sleeping bag, and has a part time job.

earle is a fisherman. krystal doesnt work. she's a mother. a lousy one. it's her goal. she isnt evil or nuthin, just a slob, i forgot to make her lazy though. gotta go fix that...
Scholar
#5 Old 4th Dec 2011 at 3:22 AM
Quote: Originally posted by cannibalcupcake
Well my initial thought was a legacy (so you would pick an heir and keep it goin) but I'm not sure It would stay interesting for 10 generations... I've definitely done this type of thing for a few gens but eventually I wanted my sims to start trying to overcome their poverty stricken background... maybe I'm just too nice.

Jerry Springer + Squidbillies = this challenge

edited for typo
Maybe it could be a 5 gen legacy or something
Field Researcher
#6 Old 4th Dec 2011 at 6:15 AM
WOOHOO! had that baby boy! his name is hershelwalker. he's even pink. i think he got the wrong traits to be a stabby lil squid though. athletic is fine, but that squid was NOT a good boy...
Field Researcher
#7 Old 8th Dec 2011 at 3:01 AM
i've had alot more babies, i'll not say most of their names, i let my husband name them, he gets vulgar... but i had triplets once, and one more after hershelwalker. i'm having a really hard time allowing the social worker to take them, because she'll take rusty too and i just love him...

i had to move earle and hershelwalker out, they took a dog, but krystal adopted a cat... as soon as they moved out, the cats they had at home had babies... that house is doomed to be crowded, i'm SO glad i allowed them to have a root cellar, and i'm glad rusty checked the mail one day when he was sneaking out to adopt a starving kid in china, or sending toilets to tots... anyway, he found the woohooium ingot earle had sent off before he ran off with hershel walker. he used it to build a treehouse for him and the younguns.

i tell you that rusty kyler squid is a nice boy.

the triplets on the other hand... i like 2 of them, but 1 may have to go.

i like this challenge it's the 1st time i've ever even tried to keep score.

i wanted to ask, is there any bonus/penalty for burgalers? one way i've been wasting money is by going to the junkyard and scavenging, and fixing up the stuff, and occasionally selling it for pennies of what it's worth, when they get tired of it, (or when i needed that 3rd crib) and a burgler came in and stole them junk/fixed up chairs right out from under me. dang sheriff didnt do nuthin...
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 8th Dec 2011 at 1:44 PM
I started this, with the Hick family... Beth and Carl cause my game was being weird with me it wouldn't let mer make them the way I wanted... so I clicked random a few times till I got pretty close... They started funds at $242 but sill me kept buying shit and soon that turned into 22$ dollars... (Highchair mostly, which I forgot) Beth is prego with the first one now and I think I'm gonna name all the kids stereotype hillbilly names, or at least name all the girls after months in the year.

The Trailer I made has two rooms, on really small "kids" room and a pretty big parents room that I think I over shot! but who cares maybe I'll add bunk beds in there if I ever need it and move the bed out on the front lawn! lol!

So anyway I love it and I've only been playing a few hours!

Don't Cry for me I'm ordinary and unimportant
Field Researcher
#9 Old 10th Dec 2011 at 1:50 AM
i had earle come over and steal a triplet to make room, i just cannot make the social worker ok in my heart.

i also sent chainsaw swimmin in the "septic tank" (a pool with a fence around it) and made the cats really sad. the twins formerly known as triplets are kinda sad too.

rusty grew to young adult, so he wont get taken now, maybe i can do a sweep and clear, but i'm kinda fond of the girl.

krystal is pregnant again with some guy she hooked up with. i found a mod that added a matchmaker thingy to the dayspa, a great way to misapropriate rustys money and keep from reaching her lifetime want of noahs ark, she sells what the cats catch. i went and had her break up with earle, but i'm pretty sure they can still woohoo. i'm not sure who the daddy is. i guess if it's triplets, it's earle, but if none are green, i'll need to check that guy. they risky woohooed in the theatre, but she and earle risky woohooed in the shower when he visited and stole the baby...

i may be having too much fun with this challenge
Test Subject
#10 Old 26th Sep 2019 at 2:51 PM
Lml this seems like such a fun challenge