Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd Feb 2020 at 11:16 AM Last edited by Mrmo : 14th Mar 2020 at 3:20 PM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise
Default Random freez in the Island Paradise world (only there). (Solved I hope).
So, I got this problem whit my game. I have been playing the Sims 3 for quite some time now and I have never experienced any major problems. Until now...

I do not have a lot of mods or downloads in my game. In fact, the only mods I have is the Master controller and the Censor remover from Nraas. What I do, however, is to install new packs every now and then. After installing the Supernatural EP I did get a issue in Moonlight falls. As I remember it I did read somewhere that this world is "borked" so I thought that were the problem. Anyway, the issue was that my sim (who started out as a vampire) still received gifts (love messages) from her girlfriend she meet in college even after said girlfriend had moved in whit her. That was odd but no major issue. I did found the random freezing more annoying but as this only happen like once every play session I did not care about it.

So I installed the Island Paradise EP and moved the two females to that world. They did arrive at wintertime and my computer did handle that quite well. Maybe it did run a little slower when the snow was falling the most. But after the winter the spring came and it also did had a storm. Now, my computer does handle this quite well but this time the game itself did not want to "play ball". It was freezing constantly (about once every sec) , the game time stopped and the animations were very slow. The sound were still there and the sleeping animation of my sims (the Zzzz) did work. But I could not click on anything. Not even pause! The game time stood still and I could not move the camera around. In short: the game was stuck and that very often. It was impossible to play at all. I did check out the fps and they were about 59-60 at all times. I did check an other family in an other world and even if I just played their apartment the game worked well. The fps were the same 59-60 ratio but no lag or freez at all.

So I thought it must be a problem whit the graphic settings but I'm no expert so I do not know what settings to change to get the best result. Maybe you players out there have any ideas. I do not have the time to check it out this weekend but give me your thoughts and I will take a look.

Now, you are probably sitting there wondering what computer I have. And I will provide that info. Let me just say this: This is an Unbranded computer! It's build from after marked parts and assembled here in Sweden. No brand! It does have a Nvidia Geforce GTX 1051 Ti graphics card, a Intel i3-8100 3,60GHz CPU and 8 GiB of ram. The OS is Windows 7 Home Premium. No SSD, my computer have a mechanical drive!. I do have the needed "mods". I run my game from discs, no downloads. My friend and co-worker did build this computer for me and he provided some games he claimed would run on the highest setting (Age of Empires, Battlefield, Battlefield 1942 and others). He does, however, not play any sims game at all.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 23rd Feb 2020 at 11:27 AM
Default Também tenho, eu n uso mods, apenas tenho censor, e downloads de poses,
Quote: Originally posted by Mrmo
So, I got this problem whit my game. I have been playing the Sims 3 for quite some time now and I have never experienced any major problems. Until now...

I do not have a lot of mods or downloads in my game. In fact, the only mods I have is the Master controller and the Censor remover from Nraas. What I do, however, is to install new packs every now and then. After installing the Supernatural EP I did get a issue in Moonlight falls. As I remember it I did read somewhere that this world is "borked" so I thought that were the problem. Anyway, the issue was that my sim (who started out as a vampire) still received gifts (love messages) from her girlfriend she meet in college even after said girlfriend had moved in whit her. That was odd but no major issue. I did found the random freezing more annoying but as this only happen like once every play session I did not care about it.

So I installed the Island Paradise EP and moved the two females to that world. They did arrive at wintertime and my computer did handle that quite well. Maybe it did run a little slower when the snow was falling the most. But after the winter the spring came and it also did had a storm. Now, my computer does handle this quite well but this time the game itself did not want to "play ball". It was freezing constantly (about once every sec) , the game time stopped and the animations were very slow. The sound were still there and the sleeping animation of my sims (the Zzzz) did work. But I could not click on anything. Not even pause! The game time stood still and I could not move the camera around. In short: the game was stuck and that very often. It was impossible to play at all. I did check out the fps and they were about 59-60 at all times. I did check an other family in an other world and even if I just played their apartment the game worked well. The fps were the same 59-60 ratio but no lag or freez at all.

So I thought it must be a problem whit the graphic settings but I'm no expert so I do not know what settings to change to get the best result. Maybe you players out there have any ideas. I do not have the time to check it out this weekend but give me your thoughts and I will take a look.

Now, you are probably sitting there wondering what computer I have. And I will provide that info. Let me just say this: This is an Unbranded computer! It's build from after marked parts and assembled here in Sweden. No brand! It does have a Nvidia Geforce GTX 1051 Ti graphics card, a Intel i3-8100 3,60GHz CPU and 8 GiB of ram. The OS is Windows 7 Home Premium. No SSD, my computer have a mechanical drive!. I do have the needed "mods". I run my game from discs, no downloads. My friend and co-worker did build this computer for me and he provided some games he claimed would run on the highest setting (Age of Empires, Battlefield, Battlefield 1942 and others). He does, however, not play any sims game at all.

Tenho também este problema e n uso mods, apenas pose acho que é bug do jogo so pode, é isso ai amigo bom domingo
Top Secret Researcher
#4 Old 23rd Feb 2020 at 12:37 PM
Scholar
Original Poster
#5 Old 23rd Feb 2020 at 1:25 PM
I translated the text from LilianDantas: "I also have this problem and I don't use mods, just pose I think it's a bug in the game, you can, that's it friend, good Sunday". (What's what Google Translate said).

So, the IP world is bugged out. Ok, I do not think I can do anything about it because I will probebly mess up my game if I try. I remember the castle. I had my sim trying to get in there but it just did not work. Guess it's one of the problems. Oh well, I might try to move my sims back to their world or maybe it's possible to start again from the spot where I left. When moving the sims to the new world I was asked to save under a new name (in my case Moonlight Falls 2). I have to check that.
Mad Poster
#6 Old 23rd Feb 2020 at 2:41 PM
The four lots in the stock version of Isla Paradiso that are the most broken and gamebreaking are Scott (houseboat), Ichtaca (castle), Medina, and Los Amigos. If you move the sims there elsewhere inland and get rid of the affected lots or mark them as Player Ownable so no one else tries to move in, that should solve most of the problems. It might also help to move half to most of the sim households living on houseboats into regular houses (but not the one family of playable ghosts, they are fine). EA really overdid things there.

Or for a more comprehensive approach, this one works well and is available as a saved game from the beginning all ready to load up.
https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/di...oving-ip-lag/p1

Different players' experiences vary with this world, but I happen to be playing it right now as an NRaas Traveler vacation world and for me it is fine with the above actions having been taken long ago, and long before Ciane came along with her comprehensive solution. I do have the underlying world fix by ellacharmed in play. But this also a case where NRaas Overwatch, ErrorTrap, and Register are going to be practically necessary to preserve gameplay and in particular Register's Animal Control should be used to disallow stray horses (and maybe dogs and cats as well) since they keep getting stuck in places that animals were never meant to be otherwise.
Scholar
Original Poster
#7 Old 23rd Feb 2020 at 5:48 PM
I don't know what the name of the lot is but it's this one.

I would take a better look at the mods you are suggesting and the other things during the week. Sometimes I tend to get a little lost in translation but maybe I would understand the text (the likned page) better over time. Thanks.
Mad Poster
#8 Old 23rd Feb 2020 at 6:19 PM
The repeated play lag issues of Isla Paradiso are caused by things going on, or rather trying to go on, in the rest of the world. If a household like the Scotts cannot get in and out of their own home (houseboat in that case) and the game constantly and obsessively keeps trying to re-route them, then the it can quickly become unplayable even if you do not know or have no interest in the sims on the lots causing the problems.
Scholar
Original Poster
#9 Old 1st Mar 2020 at 12:06 PM Last edited by Mrmo : 1st Mar 2020 at 1:15 PM.
I took a short look at the issue this weekend but I have to make "the big move" later. There is a big number of families living on house boats and the number of free houses are limited so I don't know where to move them all.

So I went back to the save "Moonlight Falls1" that do have my family at their original home lot. But I discovered that all lots in the world had a blue tone to them. The snow around them looked normal but the lots had this blue tone so I think the world is borked.
Scholar
Original Poster
#10 Old 14th Mar 2020 at 3:32 PM
I edited the title of this thread and hope that the problem is solved (knocks on wood).

I had some time today and decided to take a look in the IP world to see what I could do. Following the advices from "igazor" I installed some mods: Overwatch and Register. The game did not like that I included ErrorTrap so I left it out (I think it was a patch compability issue). I moved the families Scott, Ichtaca, Medina and Los Amigos to other lots and after that the game did run quite well (well, not "smooth as silk" but it was OK whit only a little freezing here and there).
Mad Poster
#11 Old 14th Mar 2020 at 5:57 PM
What patch level are you running? We have three variants of the current version of ErrorTrap (v100) available on our site for 1.69/Origin_Windows, 1.67/Steam, and 1.67/Disc_Mac_Everyone Else. I can't really imagine running a game save that is intended to be played long-term without it.
Scholar
Original Poster
#12 Old 14th Mar 2020 at 8:04 PM
I really can not tell what patch level I'm on but I just run discs so maybe its just 1.67. In that case I did grab the wrong version of the Error trap. Not a big deal, I can get an other version. But...

...(facepalming)...There was an other thing that I forgot to mention in my post. I discovered some new things today (after installing the mods) and I do not know if it's supposed to be like this or not. I got popups about "unmoveable sims" and every now and then the messages talks abot a bigger amount of vehicles being removed, television sets being turned of etcPP. Sure, it makes sence. I did not read all about the mods and maybe one of them lower the amount of unnecessary activity. Maybe that's why my game runs better now.
Mad Poster
#13 Old 14th Mar 2020 at 8:56 PM
What you are describing with the abandoned vehicles and televisions are part of Overwatch's scheduled overnight cleanup tasks. The unroutable sim check is routine operations throughout the sim day.
Undead Molten Llama
#14 Old 14th Mar 2020 at 11:19 PM
The "unroutable Sim" popups are good, too. If it happens a lot with the same sim, you can right-click on the portrait in the popup to take you to the stuck Sim, then you can use Master Controller to reset that Sim. (Click on the Sim, then NRAAS -->Master Controller, then "Advanced" in the popup that comes up, then Reset Sim.) They'll be reset instead of continuing to gum up your game. If Sims continually get stuck in certain spots, then you know those are problem areas on the map, and perhaps you can do something to fix them. Basically, if you play any of the EA worlds without using fixed worlds (By ellacharmed; they're here on MTS), you're pretty much guaranteed to have Sims getting stuck, which gradually slows down the game, causing lag and such.

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Muh Simblr! | An index of my downloads on Tumblr.
Scholar
Original Poster
#15 Old 20th Mar 2020 at 3:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by iCad
The "unroutable Sim" popups are good, too. If it happens a lot with the same sim, you can right-click on the portrait in the popup to take you to the stuck Sim, then you can use Master Controller to reset that Sim. (Click on the Sim, then NRAAS -->Master Controller, then "Advanced" in the popup that comes up, then Reset Sim.) They'll be reset instead of continuing to gum up your game. If Sims continually get stuck in certain spots, then you know those are problem areas on the map, and perhaps you can do something to fix them. Basically, if you play any of the EA worlds without using fixed worlds (By ellacharmed; they're here on MTS), you're pretty much guaranteed to have Sims getting stuck, which gradually slows down the game, causing lag and such.

I can give you an update on that one. I had my sim sing karaoke at a bar. And then sudenly the popup said that my sim was found her unroutable. And the woman catapulted back to her home lot. Still singing! *Angry player noises*
Mad Poster
#16 Old 20th Mar 2020 at 5:08 PM
I don't like the auto-reset feature either. You can set Overwatch to display the route stuck notices without having the sim get reset automatically.

NRaas > OW > Settings > Stuck Check > True
NRaas > OW > Settings > Stuck Check Auto-Reset > False

Note that the game itself as of one of the later patches has its own stuck check and reset mechanism and it can also be fallible. Sometimes it's difficult to tell which one is at work, if they are both engaged.
Scholar
Original Poster
#17 Old 22nd Mar 2020 at 6:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by igazor
I don't like the auto-reset feature either. You can set Overwatch to display the route stuck notices without having the sim get reset automatically.

NRaas > OW > Settings > Stuck Check > True
NRaas > OW > Settings > Stuck Check Auto-Reset > False

Note that the game itself as of one of the later patches has its own stuck check and reset mechanism and it can also be fallible. Sometimes it's difficult to tell which one is at work, if they are both engaged.

OK, I fixed it. It turned out that both were set to "True" so I changed it. I have one more question for you bu I will send that to you over PM so we don't take the thread off topic. Thank you for the help!