Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th May 2020 at 4:40 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default Dead Sims moved into homes...
Okay I'm not sure if this is a bug or glitch, but it is weird. I loaded sunset valley, and some of the empty homes were already lived in. I thought thats weird, so I clicked to see whats up with that and I have no idea who they are. then I hover over one and it said Landgraab, and I'm thinking, wait a min, ain't you supposed to be dead?! and I hover over another and the name of the home is "lastsGhosts" So I look in the graveyard and you know how your mouse hovers over it and tells you who is dead, and all of them just say remains. So, my dead sims have come back from the dead and figured out a way to move in (mind you I havent started the game yet, I just loaded it and edit town). How can I get them back in their graves without a chainsaw?
Advertisement
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#2 Old 27th May 2020 at 5:17 PM Last edited by flloetryresident : 27th May 2020 at 8:12 PM.
update: you know how when you add a new game and they want you to place the lots? when my game automatically added them without my asking and the game turn those community lots into homes and made more random sims live in them smh...including a child living in a house by themselves.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 27th May 2020 at 11:26 PM
What you are describing is a known side-effect of loading up an existing game or starting a new one from the Main Menu without quitting all the way to the desktop (or Origin if relevant) after having played a prior session. The game program does not always release all of its RAM in between sessions when being worked with that way and the data from one world/save can get superimposed upon another. The presence of the NRaas Traveler mod is known to make this issue worse or more likely, but it can and does happen to players who aren't even using mods.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#4 Old 28th May 2020 at 1:37 AM
Quote: Originally posted by igazor
What you are describing is a known side-effect of loading up an existing game or starting a new one from the Main Menu without quitting all the way to the desktop (or Origin if relevant) after having played a prior session. The game program does not always release all of its RAM in between sessions when being worked with that way and the data from one world/save can get superimposed upon another. The presence of the NRaas Traveler mod is known to make this issue worse or more likely, but it can and does happen to players who aren't even using mods.

ahh okay, I do have the traveler mod. So is there something I need to delete or look though to get it to stop? Or should I take out the traveler mod for a while?
Mad Poster
#5 Old 28th May 2020 at 4:25 AM
Er well, no. If you are starting new games or loading up existing ones from the Main Menu after having put away a prior game session, then my advice would be stop doing that. If you quit the game program completely instead and then relaunch it, then this should not be happening.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#6 Old 30th May 2020 at 4:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by igazor
Er well, no. If you are starting new games or loading up existing ones from the Main Menu after having put away a prior game session, then my advice would be stop doing that. If you quit the game program completely instead and then relaunch it, then this should not be happening.

d'aww okie, thanks for your help^_^