Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 7th Jun 2009 at 5:42 AM
Default A few questions.
I looked [as well as I could with the awkward camera controlls] and didn't see a shop to buy clothing. Did I miss the store or.. is there some other way to purchase clothes. One of my sims grew to a young adult and her default clothes are hideous x_x

Also - I've gone to a few cheat sites and essentially found the same list of cheats over and over.. the money cheats work just fine.. the other ones however seem to be bogus..
cheats <- one of the sites that have the cheats.. the ones like the age thing, the happy one, the realestate one didn't work...

Am I right in thinking these are just fakes - or am I doing something wrong?
Thanks!
Advertisement
Coffee, anyone?
retired moderator
#2 Old 7th Jun 2009 at 6:03 AM
You don't purchase clothing in Sims3. Click on any dresser to change her outfit to whatever you like. You can even design her clothing.

We're not entirely sure what cheats work. But here's a download that lists some:
http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=343068 See the comments for what each cheat does.

I'm worried that my latest Salvation Army donation will result in homeless people looking like sluts from the 90s.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 7th Jun 2009 at 6:27 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Canoodle
You don't purchase clothing in Sims3. Click on any dresser to change her outfit to whatever you like. You can even design her clothing.

We're not entirely sure what cheats work. But here's a download that lists some:
http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=343068 See the comments for what each cheat does.

Thanks
Test Subject
#4 Old 7th Jun 2009 at 12:53 PM
Try going to Gamefaqs Sims 3 cheats page. Most of the cheats listed there are pretty reliable.

As for the real estate, you need to type in freerealestate in Edit Town mode.

Hope this helps!
:D
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 7th Jun 2009 at 8:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by woyzeck
I looked [as well as I could with the awkward camera controlls] and didn't see a shop to buy clothing. Did I miss the store or.. is there some other way to purchase clothes. One of my sims grew to a young adult and her default clothes are hideous x_x

Also - I've gone to a few cheat sites and essentially found the same list of cheats over and over.. the money cheats work just fine.. the other ones however seem to be bogus..
cheats <- one of the sites that have the cheats.. the ones like the age thing, the happy one, the realestate one didn't work...

Am I right in thinking these are just fakes - or am I doing something wrong?
Thanks!

About the "awkward camera control" 1- either use right click of your mouse or 2- unlock scrolling in the ingame options (which frees the camera control like in Sims 2)

The other questions have been answered, so I just thought I'd help you there, as I found the "natural" state of Sims 3 camera control hair pulling time.