Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 1st Jul 2011 at 4:43 AM Last edited by 00myth00 : 1st Jul 2011 at 5:07 AM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations
Default Can't install custom content- Launcher problem
So, I have a very strange Launcher problem that happened today. I went to download a Los Aniegos from The Sims 3 Exchange and while it was downloading I noticed that it was downloading with the Late Night symbol, which was weird considering I have generations, but I don't have generations registered with The Sims site, so I didn't think anything of it.
Anywho, when the download finished and popped up in my downloads folder in my dock, the icon was no longer any The Sims icon, it's the icon for Vuze (yes I've had it installed at one point- whatever) but I don't have any components of Vuze installed anymore... So I was like that's weird, but clicked the thing anyway to get installed. And when I click it the Late Night symbol pops up in the dock, which is kind of weird.
Then it said I had a patch available, which I know my game is fully patched because I just recently reinstalled it the other day and patched it. So I back up my files anyway and hit yes to patch it, it goes through the process of patching and then says something along the lines of "game components have been modified" and I believe it said something about reinstalling.... So I freaked out . Well I went into my applications and opened the Launcher the normal way by clicking on the game icon and it pops up just fine with the generations icon and everything, and everything is all honkeydorey.
So I thought, that's weird, and I try to install the thing again. I click the sims3pack and it again opens ANOTHER Launcher with the Late Night symbol and tells me I can download that patch again so I hit no. It tells me an unknown error occured and quits both the Launchers.
So I am thoroughly confused. I don't think it changed my game at all, but I haven't tested it yet, so I'm not sure. But I'd really like to download that so any help would be appreciated! Thanks in advanced
Edit So I got it to work by forcing it to open with the base game instead of Late Night, but it wouldn't let me open it with Generations for some reason... Either way, it installed. Now to test it out. But could someone tell me why the heck this all happened? That was kind of weird....
Advertisement
In the Arena
retired moderator
#2 Old 3rd Jul 2011 at 11:18 AM
Default MTS2 Staff Reply
  • Sims 3 - Launcher and/or EADM Issues
    If you encounter issues while downloading Store/Exchange items or when trying to patch or Launcher won't even start, please try the suggestions on these FAQ articles:

Make sure your EADM/Origins is current.
And with the changes with patch 1.22 to the exe's, I just use base game's Launcher from now on. ie Sims3LauncherW.exe to install any Sims3Packs and TS3W.exe to play the game.

Also, if the Launcher gets confused about versions, check manually: