Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 7th Apr 2020 at 10:00 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default How can i get this skin?
I'm not sure on what category it should be in but there's a sim on the sims 3 website (thats why i choose sims 3 store) named Ernest Simmons for years, and literally i mean years. I have been trying to figure out what his skin is. I've been searching mods and tools to see if it could break down the sim so i can figure it out. I even contacted the person that made the sim but to no avail, she hasn't responded to any of my messages. Is there any way to, i dont know, i guess inspect a sim someone has made so i can see what content they've used to make the sim? I'm trying to get the skin so i can use the Skininator to make the sim's skin default.

Please let me know what mod to use or anything to figure out what skin this sim has. Thank you
Advertisement
Senior Moderator
staff: senior moderator
#2 Old 8th Apr 2020 at 3:27 PM
Have you tried opening the sims 3 pack with CUSTARD?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#4 Old 9th Apr 2020 at 1:00 AM
Quote: Originally posted by zoe22
Have you tried opening the sims 3 pack with CUSTARD?

yeah, and it didn't separate it like i thought it would:

I knew this sim had corrupt CC, which is why I'm just trying to break it down to find the skin. I tried the multi-extracter too, but it didn't help with how to find the skin.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 9th Apr 2020 at 1:02 AM
Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
maybe wcif?

I'm not sure how to move it there since I made the post here so hopefully it can be moved if possible. I've made this post about a year ago or more but during the time i guess I didn't know how to put into words on what I wanted from this particular sim.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#7 Old 9th Apr 2020 at 2:59 AM
Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
OH? You trying to find the CC in that sim?

Ok, so that BIG file you see? That's the sim file. If I am correct, that is just a package file. Open that file with S3PE and you'll find the skin in there. Well, at least the texture. I believe.

is there a way to find the skin if I open him in S3PE? I hear it can be tedious to search packages to find anything.
Senior Moderator
staff: senior moderator
#9 Old 9th Apr 2020 at 11:40 AM
I think there will be a few IMG files related to the skin. Hopefully one of them will be a custom preview thing (what you can see when you select the skin and change the slider) with the creator's name on it, like some creators do. If not, you could ask on WCIF to see if anyone can recognise that particular one. If you are okay with installing the sim, you could take a picture in game for a view of what it looks like