Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 3rd Jul 2020 at 11:52 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default Resolution Issues
im sure this has been posted many times, ,I just bought a gaming laptop and noticed the UI is super small during gameplay, I've tried lowering the resolution but it makes the game look awful - my old (non gaming laptop) did not have this problem.

Operating System: Windows 10 Home 64-bit (10.0, Build 18362) (18362.19h1_release.190318-1202)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC.
System Model: TUF Gaming FX505DD_FX505DD
BIOS: FX505DD.308 (type: UEFI)
Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 3550H with Radeon Vega Mobile Gfx (8 CPUs), ~2.1GHz
Memory: 8192MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 8000MB RAM
Page File: 9272MB used, 1933MB available
Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS
DirectX Version: DirectX 12
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
User DPI Setting: 144 DPI (150 percent)
System DPI Setting: 120 DPI (125 percent)
DWM DPI Scaling: Enabled
Miracast: Available, with HDCP
Microsoft Graphics Hybrid: Supported
DirectX Database Version: 1.1.5
DxDiag Version: 10.00.18362.0387 64bit Unicode
Advertisement
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 4th Jul 2020 at 12:23 AM
Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
what resolution are you actually running it at?

1920X1080 Same as my display settings
Screenshots
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 4th Jul 2020 at 12:58 AM
im just getting really frustrated as its so hard to click on things when its so small and ive tried everything >
Mad Poster
#6 Old 4th Jul 2020 at 3:20 AM
I have to agree with nitromon here, that is also exactly what the UI looks like on my system at the same resolution. And I recall it did take some getting used to when switching gameplay over from lower ones especially as my eyesight even corrected is not all that great. It's when the UI ends up being around half the size as in that screenshot that I find it to be totally unusable. But since you aren't feeling comfortable with how it looks on 1920x1080, is there really no combination of lower overall screen resolutions and game settings and full screen vs. windowed mode that returns the comfort level without everything looking horrible? On many systems there can be a lot of different combinations to try.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 4th Jul 2020 at 6:13 AM
Quote: Originally posted by igazor
I have to agree with nitromon here, that is also exactly what the UI looks like on my system at the same resolution. And I recall it did take some getting used to when switching gameplay over from lower ones especially as my eyesight even corrected is not all that great. It's when the UI ends up being around half the size as in that screenshot that I find it to be totally unusable. But since you aren't feeling comfortable with how it looks on 1920x1080, is there really no combination of lower overall screen resolutions and game settings and full screen vs. windowed mode that returns the comfort level without everything looking horrible? On many systems there can be a lot of different combinations to try.

I will have to keep trying or get used to it. thanks for the responses.