Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th May 2021 at 6:37 PM
Default New design, can't access "sub-category".
Hi !
I don't know if someone already reported this bug to you or not, but today I was searching for new floors for TS2.
At first, I searched widely for "Walls & Floors", and then I wanted to check out "Floors" only. Upon clicking, the page refreshes and show thumbnails for floors only, but when I wanted to see more content by clicking on "See more Newest", it seems to redirectto the "Walls & Floors" page... Other "sub-categories" from others categories seem fine though!
Overall, the design looks a bit more modern, good job to your team! :)
Advertisement
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
#2 Old 7th May 2021 at 6:04 AM
Thanks for the report! This should be fixed now. . Also thanks for the feedback. 

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
Test Subject
#3 Old 8th May 2021 at 7:07 PM
I have a similar , but different "bug" . I was looking through the section, "Lots & Housing", filtered to "Community", then I decided to "search" this section, ( the search was for "schools"). When the "search" came back with "0"(Zero) results, the section had CHANGED to " Newest Community", which WAS NOT the section/subcategory I was searching in when the search was initiated .

It's not un-expected, that if one was truly searching through the "Newest Community" downloads, to get a result of zero.
It is expected, that one would not get a result of zero, with-in the total of the Community section, as a whole, and had seen at least one school, in that section, before deciding to do the specific "search".
Hopefully this can be re-solved ? Thanks for your time to read this.
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
#4 Old 8th May 2021 at 7:33 PM
Newest is merely the type of view (there's also popular, featured, etc), so the key bit here is "Community", and it seems like that was indeed what you where in.  I've tested all three games, and do indeed get results for "school".  Which game where you looking at?

Specifically I did this:

The Sims 4, went to Lots and Housing -> Community (which results in the following page https://modthesims.info/downloads.p...4&f=149&p=1&u=0 )
I then search for "school" and I end up on this page: https://modthesims.info/downloads.p...4&f=149&p=1&u=0

I see downloads there.  Repeat with TS2 and TS3.

So I'm not able to recreate this at the moment.  Can you paste the URL you ended up at?  Are you in Compatible mode or All mode?  It's possible to have no results when no Compatible downloads match if you are in Compatible mode.  Switching to All and performing the same search should work though.

Thanks for the feedback!

Test Subject
#5 Old 8th May 2021 at 8:01 PM
okay, sorry. Sims 4, All, Lots & Housing, Community, search = schools, result = "newest community", wanted the search for the whole of community, of lots & housing, NOT just the "Newest", ( or "Popular", or "Featured"), but got a result of ZERO downloads.
New isn't always better. . . . This is the "page" that = the result : https://modthesims.info/downloads.p...4&f=149&p=1&u=0 . (I've still not gotten to the "General-Lots & Housing-Community Downloads page, I keep "landing" on the page with the 3 Subcategories of "Newest", "Updated" & "Popular" . Not a Happy-Camper Here.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#6 Old 8th May 2021 at 8:13 PM
@oldtimearcher If you search 'school' instead of 'schools' you get some results; looks like there are 9 schools.
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
#7 Old 8th May 2021 at 8:28 PM
As simsample mentioned, if you search for "school" (as I did) and not schools, you get the expected result.

This is not an issue with the new browser whatsoever, it's merely the search keyword used.  Even using the old download browser, there are 0 results for "schools" in that section.     

Test Subject
#8 Old 8th May 2021 at 8:33 PM Last edited by oldtimearcher : 8th May 2021 at 9:01 PM.
Thanks, I'll try that. (my thinking is I was looking for "schools", plural, not "a" school, to choose from, etc., Darn that teacher who 'drummed' that into my head, decades ago)

Still, I have only 3 sections to look through, not "All" of the Lots & Housing-Community Downloads",( as have been found (476)), it's very frustrating, that you can no longer get to, ( there's no "link"), all of the Downloads, in a section .

I still think there should be a "general", (as in all the DL's for that category), choice for each category, as opposed to the 3 current "choices", we are 'stuck' with now.

EDIT : After succeeding with the "search", it's stated category was yet again "Newest" Community, even though most of all the Lots presented, were not "new", going back to 2015, (I'm okay with that), but that's why it shouldn't be presented/labeled as "Newest", instead there should be a category of "General" to include the older CC, for those of "us" who are not just looking/interested in the "Latest/Newest" CC .

Labels were meant to make finding things easier, Not harder, from the in-correct use of them.
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
#9 Old 8th May 2021 at 8:53 PM
I'm afraid I don't follow - what do you mean you are "stuck" with 3 choices? What 3 choices?  You can still of course get to all downloads in a section... just select "All Downloads" underneath the appropriate category ie "All Lots & Housing". 

If you just want Community... then that's what you are already looking at.  It's exactly the same as the old browser where you would select Lots & Housing, then click on Community.  It's the same, just in a tree view.  Picking Lots & Housing then Community gets you... the exact same uploads as you would have seen.