Replies: 31 (Who?), Viewed: 737 times.
Page 2 of 2
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#26 Old 12th May 2021 at 9:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by d4RE
No. First wood color = true AND first cushion color= true
2nd, 3rd, 4th colors for both subsets=false

Whichever color(s) you designate as true will be the texture that shows in game when you first place the object (unless you choose a different recolor before placing). If more than one color per subset is true, things get screwy.

I will try this with the new mesh I about to make.
Mad Poster
#27 Old 12th May 2021 at 9:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by d4RE
No. First wood color = true AND first cushion color= true
2nd, 3rd, 4th colors for both subsets=false

Whichever color(s) you designate as true will be the texture that shows in game when you first place the object (unless you choose a different recolor before placing). If more than one color per subset is true, things get screwy.


Pretty sure recolors will usually be set to false by default if the mesh is set to true and only has one set of subsets included. If you ever notice the original mesh textures aren't the ones that show when you place an item, that's when you'll want to check/fix this.

---

But again, uploading the recolors you have issues with would be very helpful in figuring out why you're having problems with them. Right now it's just a lot of guesswork.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#28 Old 12th May 2021 at 11:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by simmer22
Pretty sure recolors will usually be set to false by default if the mesh is set to true and only has one set of subsets included. If you ever notice the original mesh textures aren't the ones that show when you place an item, that's when you'll want to check/fix this.

---

But again, uploading the recolors you have issues with would be very helpful in figuring out why you're having problems with them. Right now it's just a lot of guesswork.


Hello @d4RE and @simmer22
Thank you both for all your help and suggestions.
The problem was cloning an object and ticking it to be a Stand Alone object.
I couldn't understand why about September/October last year I had created a subset and had no issue - but at that time I didn't make items "Stand Alone". I started doing that about Christmas when making counters. I don't suppose it really matters but if I am adding a subset, it definitely will.


Thank you again.
Screenshots
Mad Poster
#29 Old 13th May 2021 at 4:13 AM Last edited by simmer22 : 13th May 2021 at 1:46 PM.
Unless I have a purpose for leaving "stand alone" unticked, I always keep it ticked because I usually make standalone objects. It can be useful for beds and other items meant to use ingame textures for bedding and such, but if you want to use your own textures, things can go a bit wonky.

Here's a list of explanations of what the various cloning options do:
https://modthesims.info/t/71411

(Probably depends what you make, though)
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#30 Old 13th May 2021 at 6:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by simmer22
Unless I have a purpose for leaving "stand alone" unticked, I always keep it ticked because I usually make standalone objects. It can be useful for beds and other items meant to use ingame textures for bedding and such, but if you want to use your own textures, things can go a bit wonky.

Here's a list of explanations of what the various cloning options do:
https://modthesims.info/t/71411

Hello @simmer22
Thank you for the useful link to understanding more of SimPE options when cloning - I have added it to my favorites for reference.
Field Researcher
#31 Old 13th May 2021 at 1:25 PM
I'm kinda the opposite. I never use stand alone unless the CEP documentation says it's necessary.

Glad you figured it out. I learned a lot during this thread about how to streamline future troubleshooting.

___________________________

We have been stuck too long with "New Mesh" as the apex of creation.
_ WesHowe
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#32 Old 14th May 2021 at 6:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by d4RE
I'm kinda the opposite. I never use stand alone unless the CEP documentation says it's necessary.

Glad you figured it out. I learned a lot during this thread about how to streamline future troubleshooting.

Hello @d4RE
I learned a lot too!
It was thanks to viewing your Hexy End Tables in SimPE that I could see what was different from my object; not only did it resolve the problem but it also showed me another way to create objects that have recolors included in the mesh.
Fingers crossed I won't have any other issues with recoloring objects.
Page 2 of 2
Back to top