Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 26th Mar 2006 at 10:11 AM Last edited by fisheeyes : 26th Mar 2006 at 11:04 AM.
Default Creating Working Slots for Extended Objects.
G'day Everyone,

This is tutorial will help you place objects on those extended objects (like 3 slot coffee tables). It's in a word document that will need to be unpacked first. (I was going to just post it on the site but the tables would not line up correctly)

Also included is the ability to have Sims eat at your extended dining tables if you would like them too.

It is an advanced tutorial and has no pictures to guide you through the process (half because I'm to lazy to create them and half because I haven't been able to do them justice to be of real benefit yet).

It also assumes you are reasonably competent and creating and cloning objects.

Hope you don't get too confused by it all.

If there is something that is confusing or you think I could do to make it more clear let me know so I can fix and update it.

-Fisheeyes
Attached files:
File Type: zip  Allowing for placement of objects on expanded surfaces.zip (11.8 KB, 1522 downloads)

" Fisheeyes See It All "
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 23rd Aug 2006 at 12:13 AM
Thank you for making this!
I'm still a novice but I'm starting to learn and I think I'm picking it up ok so far. There are still things that confuse me.
I hope this is the right place to ask this, but how does one add slots to an object that currently doesn't have any?
For instance, say I have a dresser and I want to make it double as a surface so that Sims can place decorative objects on it.
Since there is no pre-existing placement slot for me to clone, how do I make a new one?
I was going to ask something else but thunder just shook the house so I forgot. I better get off the computer before the storm gets worse.
Retired Duck
retired moderator
#3 Old 17th Sep 2006 at 7:18 AM
I could have sworn I'd written a response to this before, but apparently not. This document is extremely, extremely useful. Not just for table slots, but for slots in general. Between this and the InfoCenter thread I feel almost like I can start to make sense of adding and changing slots. Thank you very much for all your effort in finding these details and sharing them with us!
Scholar
#4 Old 26th Apr 2007 at 9:43 PM
Thank you for this tutorial. You did a great job on it.
Test Subject
#5 Old 28th Oct 2007 at 8:53 AM
Thank you for this tutorial!
Scholar
#6 Old 4th Apr 2008 at 4:34 AM
Is there a way in Wings 3D to find out the exact coordinate of where you want your new slot to be? I haven't been able to find it. I just have to guess and keep testing of where I want my slot to be. It's very frustrating to keep testing and testing to figure out the exact coordinates (X,Y,and Z).
Field Researcher
#7 Old 17th Oct 2008 at 8:02 PM
thanks so much for the info!
Test Subject
#8 Old 28th Apr 2009 at 1:28 PM
Cool, INteresting, Thanks.