Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Space Pony
Original Poster
#126 Old 15th Jun 2005 at 10:38 AM
newto411 - what hair meshes? I can unlock them but I'm not sure which ones they are.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#127 Old 15th Jun 2005 at 11:29 AM
Yes, theres a huge list and couldn't even find what I was looking for, I followed this tutorial, but stopped half-way, just
didn't want risk all this, in case I corrupt my game.
Instructor
#128 Old 16th Jun 2005 at 4:36 PM
One of the hairstyles is the male "hairgibs". It doesn't appear to be genetically transferred and the only way you can get it is to put it on your sim when creating a new one. You can't see it from the change appearance using the mirrors. The only way you can see it is using Boolprop with the Shift N in create a sim mode. Its available for kids through elders.
Lab Assistant
#129 Old 17th Jun 2005 at 9:50 PM
Morague, is there a special way to do the reaper? I got him into Bodyshop, but the recolored skin didn't show up. Also, after editing all the image files in SimPE I could find of him, the original (boolprop, Shift+N) reaper looked the same in the game.
Space Pony
Original Poster
#130 Old 18th Jun 2005 at 1:12 AM
The Reaper is strange - I was looking at it a few weeks ago. It doesn't follow the general rules & I didn't get it to a point where it coule be edited :/
Space Pony
Original Poster
#131 Old 20th Jun 2005 at 7:21 AM
sissimoody - I'll have a look at the hair this week. I don't know when I will actually be able to extract them, hopefully not too long, but I will have a look
Space Pony
Original Poster
#132 Old 24th Jul 2005 at 10:44 AM
Ok - I have unlocked the "hairgibs" hair mesh - it's beau's hair style. You can find it at Morague's Place

Have a look around while you are there I've done default replacements for both the male & female pregnancy outfits & of course unlocked outfits.
Test Subject
#133 Old 11th Aug 2005 at 7:59 PM
Thanks! And to think I just made a thread that asked for a tutorial on this...I think I'll delete my thread now...
Space Pony
Original Poster
#134 Old 2nd Sep 2005 at 8:43 AM
Hi

A breakthrough - I've finally cracked the Grim Reaper! You can fully edit it & using the "hair" I did you won't run into the problem of the hair sticking through. I did both versions - with the lei & without.

http://www.variousimmers.net/vsimfo...read.php?t=2140
Test Subject
#135 Old 30th Sep 2005 at 8:53 PM
Default Grim Reaper Outfit
First of all, thank you for all your hard working in trying to get the Reaper's outfit to show up!!

I download all four of your zipped files and unzipped them too. I then went into bodyshop, but alas they're still not there. I'm particularly interested in the outfit, so I'm not sure how else to access it. Can you let me know how I can, so that I can tweak it? I'd greatly appreciate it!

Thank you,

Goblin_Girl
Space Pony
Original Poster
#136 Old 30th Sep 2005 at 10:00 PM
Make sure the outfits are in your Downloads folder & not in some sub-folder. They should show up under the Everyday caregory for either an adult male or female. The "hair" shows up in the custom category hair.
Test Subject
#137 Old 1st Oct 2005 at 4:30 AM
*blushes* I guess I'm not sure what you mean. Let me walk you through it and then if you don't mind maybe you can let me know what I did wrong?

I downloaded all 4 of the zipped files for the Reaper.
I saved them to my desktop, so I could run Norton with them before I opened them up.
I then double-clicked on them on my desktop and unzipped them. The unzipped files (which were for SimPe) were then on my desktop.

I tried to double-click on each of them via the desktop, but they only bring up SimPe.

This is where I get stuck, since I'm not sure whether I'm supposed to do something with them in SimPE or BodyShop.

Once again, thank you for all your work, and I hope you don't mind me getting technical with you. I'm very excited to get them working, so let me know if you can.

*hugs*
Goblin_Girl
Space Pony
Original Poster
#138 Old 1st Oct 2005 at 8:46 PM
Ah, ok. This is easy enough to fix. Right click on the desktop icon & choose Copy from the list. Now, Double Click on the "My Computer" icon. You should see Drive C, so double click on that & find "Documents & Settings" - keep double clicking - look for "Your Name", "My Documents", "EA Games", "The Sims2", "Downloads" when you finally reach the Downloads folder, do Ctrl V to paste the file or right click in the Downloads folder & choose Paste from the list. You'll need to repeat this for all of the files. Once there are copies in the Downloads folder you can delete the ones on the Desktop.

It might be easier to just unzip them again. Double click on the zipped files & after you click Extract, click on that little arrow. It will let you find your My Documents\EA Games\The Sims2\Downloads folder. Just unzip the files into that folder.
Test Subject
#139 Old 4th Oct 2005 at 4:36 AM
Have anyone unlocked all Clothes and Hairs from Sims 2, University and Nightlife? I would like to use them all but it's too hard for me to do this (I'm a bit dumb and lazy).

Thanks for everything.
Test Subject
#140 Old 6th Oct 2005 at 12:37 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Morague
Right click on the desktop icon & choose Copy from the list. Now, Double Click on the "My Computer" icon. You should see Drive C, so double click on that & find "Documents & Settings" - keep double clicking - look for "Your Name", "My Documents", "EA Games", "The Sims2", "Downloads" when you finally reach the Downloads folder, do Ctrl V to paste the file or right click in the Downloads folder & choose Paste from the list. You'll need to repeat this for all of the files. Once there are copies in the Downloads folder you can delete the ones on the Desktop.

It worked! I was able to play with them a little in my BodyShop. With that being said, I noticed a few things... One of them was that it made the back of the sims head invisible, at least in my program. I also noticed that after I had downloaded these, my other sims were missing the back of their heads if I blacked out their alpha area, and it didn't do that before. Any reason why?

Also, I couldn't get rid or even manipulate the reaper's hood. I was wondering if there's a separate download for his hair/head, since most Sims have that, in order to manipulate anything above the neck. I'd love to be able to see the person's head and face, but still keep the robe and the invisibility of the feet. I'd love to hear if you've been able to do that.

Thanks again!

GG
Field Researcher
#141 Old 8th Oct 2005 at 11:07 AM
Space Pony
Original Poster
#142 Old 8th Oct 2005 at 10:38 PM
Hi

Ok, I have a forum with almost all of the hair & outfitrs unlocked Morague's Unlocked Outfits

I haven't done NightLife outfits yet, but I will get to them shortly. If you can't see what you are looking for right away you might need to expand what is being shown. The default only shows the last month & a lot of the outfits were extracted months ago, so chose Show All or From the Beginning or whatever to see everything.

You'll find outfits that have an associated hat in the Hair, Hats & Heads category rather than Unlocked outfits as I tried to keep them together. so, the maid's outfit is under Hair, Hats & Heads.
#143 Old 11th Oct 2005 at 8:20 AM
kool ~_+
Field Researcher
#144 Old 16th Oct 2005 at 1:46 PM
LOL THanks this worked when i tried it first time and now with SimPE it says ' Message:
Error while trying to open C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\The Sims 2\TSData\Res\Sims3D\Sims06.package SimPE Version:
Classic (0.48.2087.35611).

Exception Stack:
System.IO.IOException: The process cannot access the file "C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\The Sims 2\TSData\Res\Sims3D\Sims06.package" because it is being used by another process.
at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String str)
at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, Boolean useAsync, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy)
at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access)
at SimPe.Packages.StreamFactory.UseStream(String filename, FileAccess fa, Boolean create)
at SimPe.Packages.File.ReloadFromFile(String filename)
at SimPe.Packages.File..ctor(String filename)
at SimPe.Packages.PackageMaintainer.LoadPackageFromFile(String filename, Boolean sync)
at SimPe.Packages.File.LoadFromFile(String flname, Boolean sync)
at SimPe.Form1.OpenPackage(String filename)

Source:
mscorlib

Execution Stack:
at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String str)
at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, Boolean useAsync, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy)
at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access)
at SimPe.Packages.StreamFactory.UseStream(String filename, FileAccess fa, Boolean create)
at SimPe.Packages.File.ReloadFromFile(String filename)
at SimPe.Packages.File..ctor(String filename)
at SimPe.Packages.PackageMaintainer.LoadPackageFromFile(String filename, Boolean sync)
at SimPe.Packages.File.LoadFromFile(String flname, Boolean sync)
at SimPe.Form1.OpenPackage(String filename)'

It will probaly confuse u but someone who helped make SimPE (RGiles for example) could u please help me I wanna clone the Maid outfit!
Field Researcher
#145 Old 16th Oct 2005 at 2:25 PM
And I can't save! i've re-installed my SimPE incase it was abad download but no..

Error while writing to FileC:\Documents and Settings\Javaid\My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\Creations\mATERNITY\Had Homebirth.package SimPE Version:
Classic (0.48.2087.35611).

Exception Stack:
System.Exception: The File was moved or deleted whil SimPE was running. ---> System.Exception: Unable to find C:\Documents and Settings\Javaid\My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\Creations\hAD hOMEBIRTH.package
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at SimPe.Packages.File.OpenReader()
at SimPe.Packages.GeneratableFile.Build()
at SimPe.Packages.GeneratableFile.Save(String flname)
at SimPe.Form1.SavePackageClick(Object sender, EventArgs e)
System.Exception: Unable to find C:\Documents and Settings\Javaid\My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\Creations\hAD hOMEBIRTH.package

Source:
simpe.package

Execution Stack:
at SimPe.Packages.File.OpenReader()
at SimPe.Packages.GeneratableFile.Build()
at SimPe.Packages.GeneratableFile.Save(String flname)
at SimPe.Form1.SavePackageClick(Object sender, EventArgs e)
Space Pony
Original Poster
#146 Old 16th Oct 2005 at 9:12 PM
simmygurl,

I'm not sure why you are having problems but I have run into other situations with SimPE Classic. Try using the other format. However, there are a whole lot more steps to unlocking the maid's outfit than with regular outfits because her apron is treated differently & because it is about 50 more steps I haven't done a tutorial on it.

I don't know why you don't just download it from my forum - it's already unlocked & it is unlocked correctly with the hat as well so that both can be edited.

My forum has almost all of the outfits already unlocked Morague's Unlocked Clothing Look in the Hair, Hats & Heads section for the maid's outfit & hat or use the Search feature to search for maid outfit.
Test Subject
#147 Old 23rd Nov 2005 at 4:34 PM
very cool
#148 Old 30th Dec 2005 at 2:56 AM
:sad: help me
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
#149 Old 30th Dec 2005 at 7:47 AM
No idea what 'help' you need, but you can find almost all the unlocked outfits at various simmers - the link to them was provided on the previous page of posts, just back up one page and look/
#150 Old 4th Jan 2006 at 6:49 PM
cool thanks
Page 6 of 9