Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Banned
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th Aug 2009 at 1:33 AM
2 or 3
This is basically a thread were you say which sims game is better. I think there about the same for now, but Sims 3 will be better than Sims 2 when they add some of the TS2 features (weather, vampires, werewolves, etc.) And you can also whine about EA as much as you want. Just please censor choice language. (you all know what I mean by that)
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 5th Aug 2009 at 1:58 AM
I've been getting annoyed by the people who keep saying it's worse than TS2 because everything is so different. HELLO! It's a NEW GAME. /nerdrage

Here are my Pros and Cons to TS2 (compared to TS3):

Pros:
The fact that the lighting was nicer than it is in TS3.
The Piano and Diving board.
Tha fact that modding the game was easier in TS2.

Cons:
The Sims all look fake.
Most custom Bodyshop CC was extremely ugly.
Everything was so... blocky.
The terrain sucked.
Much too bright, IMO.

TS3:

Pros:
I LOVE the way the Sims look.
Everything is much smoother.
Building, for me, is easier than TS2.
The plants and everything look much better.
The overall prettiness of the game.

Cons:
Less content than TS2, I'll admit that.
Re-used meshes from TS2.
The Lighting is really fucked up.
Theorist
#3 Old 5th Aug 2009 at 3:40 AM
The Sims 3 looks beautiful compared to the Sims 2. Sims in S2, esp. with CC, seemed TO real. I HATE realistic sims. Sims in Sims 3 looks AMAZING and I'm glad they changed them.

~~~The Official Nintendork Island~~~
"I cannot love you like this anymore..... Alejandro"
Mad Poster
#4 Old 5th Aug 2009 at 3:48 AM
It really does, but like I said, I hope a hack for the lighting comes out. >.<
Theorist
#5 Old 5th Aug 2009 at 3:53 AM
Is it like to dark or something?

~~~The Official Nintendork Island~~~
"I cannot love you like this anymore..... Alejandro"
Mad Poster
#6 Old 11th Aug 2009 at 8:07 PM
I just generally hate the sims 3. Don't really know why.
Banned
#7 Old 20th Aug 2009 at 7:05 AM
The sims 3 crashes my computer daily, so I've just stopped playing it. Here's my list of pros and cons:

SIMS 2

Pros:

- The piano, diving board, hot tub, and overall style of the gameplay. What I mean by that is the way the sims talked, walked, interacted, and just, well . . . lived. It was so open-ended and it made you think and substitute things.

- I loved the fast-ness of it compared to TS3. It runs so much better and the colours were vibrant and not like a camoflauge-toned explosion.

- They actually were themselves. I actually danced like the sims did at the school dance and everybody copied me the next dance after that and just did their own thing.

- They told you when they needed to eat or sleep.

- The neighbourhoods up until about Seasons were so intertwined and well-thought-out. They actually gave you seventh-generation Sims to play with and that made you think about the hidden secrets from the past - like Bella Goth.

- Mentioned before, the Bella Goth conspiracy. TS3 just wrecked it by bringing her in and not having aliens . . . or so they say . . .

- Making videos, you get to control for the most part who goes to what lot when so you don't get a car cutting through your scene when you're shooting.

- Body Shop!

Cons:

- Ugly CAS stuff for the most part.

- There was a lot of loopholes in the gameplay and a lot of bugs.

- Free Will is soooooo annoying unless you're half-asleep and are needing mental stimulation.

Sims 3

Pros:

- CAS is much prettier, with nicer customization options and better categorizing.

- The cars aren't ugly and old like in TS2. And they come with the base game.

- Map View. It's handy when you have large households.

Cons (Yes, already!):

- It's too dark. My graphics card makes it okay-ish for a while and then it goes all dark and even with ten lights per room you still can't see!

- Create-a-Style is jerky and not efficient at all.

- The furniture is limited and most of it is ugly anyways.

- Modding it is as hard as chewing cement.

- The hair is so UGLY!

- The lighting is messed up big-time.

- The Needs panel is still there, but waaay in the back so you don't notice it until it's too late.

- Rabbit holes. That just states that EA is lazy and doesn't care about us movie makers.

- No private school, hot tubs, pianos, diving boards or weather!

- Curfew. It's waaay too strict. Who has cops watching every inch of the town all the time for teenagers just wanting some air?

- Overall lack of effort with the car animations. Cars do not go through each other like ghosts or appear out of nowhere!

- They look like they're wax people in a wax museum.

- The baby and toddler interactions are so unrealistic. Who pulls bottles out of thin air?

- No junk! No diapers, garbage, roaches, bottles or puddles to walk through on a daily basis!
Test Subject
#8 Old 16th Jan 2011 at 6:22 PM
I'm More of a Sims2 person because sims2 is easier to play then sims3 in my opion .
Theorist
#9 Old 19th Jan 2011 at 11:35 AM
I think I've seen (and posted in) too much of threads similar to this ro have to restate my opinions regarding the comparison between TS2 and TS3 anymore
Theorist
#10 Old 19th Jan 2011 at 11:49 AM
The only reason I play TS2 anymore is for medieval/egyptian/other themed games since TS3 is still lacking in that content.

Hi I'm Paul!
Test Subject
#11 Old 21st Jan 2011 at 3:05 PM
My computer isn't good enough for Sims 3 so I don't know.
Instructor
#12 Old 25th Feb 2011 at 5:05 PM
I don't even have Sims 3... But I don't like the way sims look in Sims 3
Top Secret Researcher
#13 Old 5th Mar 2011 at 1:43 AM
3 definitely 3.
I know the lighting is really messed up, but Sims 2 just seems so blocky and... not smooth. Its cool though how Sims 2 laid out some building blocks for Sims 3.

Why did I move here? I guess it was the weather.

GTA V