Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Nov 2020 at 2:44 PM
Default Unable to use Body Shop
My Body Shop keeps crashing every time it tries to load. Could someone please help me with this?
Attached files:
File Type: txt  TS2BodyShop 2020.11.17 09.42.42.txt (12.3 KB, 15 downloads)
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 17th Nov 2020 at 3:04 PM
I don't know how to read the error log, but several things I would suggest trying.
1) Delete the groups.cache file. BodyShop can be sensitive to when that file becomes outdated. The file will be automatically rebuilt as needed.
2) Try putting the 4GB fix on the BodyShop.exe if your computer has more than 4GB of memory.

All of my Conversions, Creations and Stories may be found here:
HobbesED's Conversions and Creations

My most recently shared items (with pictures) may also be found here:
HobbesED's Dreamwidth

Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 17th Nov 2020 at 3:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HobbesED
I don't know how to read the error log, but several things I would suggest trying.
1) Delete the groups.cache file. BodyShop can be sensitive to when that file becomes outdated. The file will be automatically rebuilt as needed.
2) Try putting the 4GB fix on the BodyShop.exe if your computer has more than 4GB of memory.

I tried the 4GB fix and it did not work. I even tried taking out all of my cc that didn't have to do with Body Shop.
Forum Resident
#4 Old 17th Nov 2020 at 5:52 PM
Do you have other processes going on in the background that could be taking up RAM? Did you clear the Group and Accessory Cache files? Are you loading the version of BodyShop for your current EP/SP? Those are the only causes I can think of at the moment...

When a game is predictable, it's boring.
That goes for any medium that isn't life.
That's why The Sims 2 is my favourite sims game.
It has elements of unpredictability and everything feels more involved.
The Sims 4 is another story altogether...
Theorist
#5 Old 17th Nov 2020 at 6:59 PM
I'd also delete the cigen.package file.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 17th Nov 2020 at 7:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Essa
I'd also delete the cigen.package file.

I tried that just now and it crashed
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 17th Nov 2020 at 7:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CrystalFlame360
Do you have other processes going on in the background that could be taking up RAM? Did you clear the Group and Accessory Cache files? Are you loading the version of BodyShop for your current EP/SP? Those are the only causes I can think of at the moment...

I do delete the Group and Accessory Cache files and I exit Google Chrome before I begin to use it. I have not tried closing any other background processes but I'll try it
Forum Resident
#8 Old 17th Nov 2020 at 8:47 PM
How much memory does your system have overall? The log says "System memory: 1024 Megabytes total, 820 Megabytes free." + which Windows version are you using? 1 GB sounds like very little memory for running Sims 2, actually I'm surprised it runs anything at all if that's true. @_@
Field Researcher
#9 Old 17th Nov 2020 at 8:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by foxmanic
How much memory does your system have overall? The log says "System memory: 1024 Megabytes total, 820 Megabytes free." + which Windows version are you using? 1 GB sounds like very little memory for running Sims 2, actually I'm surprised it runs anything at all if that's true. @_@

Agree with foxmanic, 1 gb of ram is not enough to run anything today and much less under Windows 8. (NT 6.2)

Did you successfully run BS at least once?

From now on I'm just a lurker, the sad truth about the Orwellian status of the sims community is not "off-topic" neither is "politics".
Check part of my current (non sims) creations at my J.R.'s Angels page
Test Subject
Original Poster
#10 Old 17th Nov 2020 at 9:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jotaerre
Agree with foxmanic, 1 gb of ram is not enough to run anything today and much less under Windows 8. (NT 6.2)

Did you successfully run BS at least once?

I have run it successfully several times just not recently.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#11 Old 17th Nov 2020 at 9:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by foxmanic

I have no idea honestly.
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#12 Old 17th Nov 2020 at 10:08 PM
Default MTS2 Staff Reply
  • General - Post System Specs
    We need more information before we can help with your issue.
    • Please post a Quick summary of your System Specs
      Instructions on finding them are here: Game Help:System Specswiki.
    • Please post your config-log located here: <username>\Documents\EA Games\<game version>\Logs

*If you have Dual-graphics, please post your complete DxDiag report in your thread. And put in between [ spoiler ] specs here [ /spoiler ] tags (remove the spaces).

Use dxDiag to find your specs, then post the report here. Knowing how much RAM you have can help us to see what else might be done to get BS running.