Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Inventor
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th Nov 2020 at 1:07 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default Stove claims to be in use, won't let anyone use it including sim it claims is using it
Everyone will start making something, then set it on the counter. I figured there was a glitch with the stove like it was suddenly unroutable or something like the fridge gets sometimes, even though no one was complaining about being unable to access it. They would just go to pick up what they were cooking and then set it back down. When I went to buy mode to get rid of the stove, it says it was in use by a specific sim, who was nowhere near it and who had done the same refusal to cook earlier. Even resetting that sim didn't do anything. It won't let me sell or move the stove. What's up?
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 13th Nov 2020 at 1:39 AM
Reset the stove?
Inventor
Original Poster
#3 Old 13th Nov 2020 at 11:53 PM
How does one do that? I can reset sims and I can reset the entire lot, but I did the first and it didn't do anything, and I'd rather avoid the second because then everyone loses a lot of progress since it resets their wants. Never heard of resetting an item before.
Instructor
#4 Old 14th Nov 2020 at 3:48 AM
Do you have MC? Use it to reset the stove,
Mad Poster
#5 Old 14th Nov 2020 at 7:03 AM
The MC Reset command for objects isn't on the objects themselves. Click on the ground of the lot to bring up the MC lot menu, then Object Reset > Non-Inventory and select the stove from the list of lot objects that will appear. Technically that will reset all stoves within that class that are on the particular lot, but most players wouldn't have more than one stove of the exact same type in the same house.

If you have already reset the lot (which would include the stove) and that didn't help, then the next step would be to flush (force-delete) the stove instead and replace it with a new one. Similar procedure but Object Stats instead of Object Reset -- on the ground of the lot, MC > Object Stats > Non-Inventory > (select to Flush).
Instructor
#6 Old 15th Nov 2020 at 4:35 AM
I knew Igazor would pop up at some point with the correct next step. Sucks not having a computer to check the paths and proper wording for the commands.
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 15th Nov 2020 at 10:24 AM
The DebugEnabler interaction menu is on the object itself. I always use this. I think it goes Options:TheObjectName -> Object -> Reset

Is there a difference to the MC object reset?
Mad Poster
#8 Old 15th Nov 2020 at 11:11 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Smyrrna
The DebugEnabler interaction menu is on the object itself. I always use this. I think it goes Options:TheObjectName -> Object -> Reset

Is there a difference to the MC object reset?

The DE command is one of EA's, left in the game for developers to use. DE merely makes it available to players.

The MC command is scripted and rebuilds the objects (sim, lot, etc.) from the ground up based on the data it has on hand.

I've had a lot of trouble with the DE command on objects like doors, where the MC command causes no problems. So it might be that they are supposed to do essentially the same things, but based on bad experiences (like the game crashing right after using it), I tend to reach for and recommend the MC command first.
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 15th Nov 2020 at 11:15 AM
Oh, good to know! Thanks, igazor!
Inventor
Original Poster
#10 Old 16th Nov 2020 at 2:19 AM
There's no option under Master Controller called Object Reset. This is what I see when I open the menu, and none of these options have a reset option other than the one to reset the entire lot, which as I've said I'd much rather leave as a last resort.
Screenshots
Mad Poster
#11 Old 16th Nov 2020 at 4:13 AM
The MC Cheats add-on module is required.
http://www.nraas.net/community/Mast...tions#Household