Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
#76 Old 28th Nov 2010 at 4:52 PM
I do it all till it gets to open in CAW, even though it saved fine when I changed the description and added a new thumb, when I try to go into EIG it pops up and tells me world save failed. Is there a step missing in this list you did werismyki
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#77 Old 1st Dec 2010 at 5:50 AM
Anyone know how to get Riverview to load? The only place I know of with a "Riverview" world file is C:\<name>\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\InstalledWorlds. Keep getting a long error message that's summed up in the first line "Could not open package". I've been using the Riverview lite file in CAW, but honestly, I don't want to redo the WHOLE thing and I espcially don't want to replop all the little scenic bits.......
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#78 Old 1st Dec 2010 at 2:16 PM
fluttereyes, make sure you do 'Save as' and rename the file before opening in CAW.

tilarium, you need to follow the instructions in the first post, only do it for Riverview instead.
Scholar
#79 Old 1st Dec 2010 at 10:41 PM
I do use Save as but I have been renaming the world in CAW, didn't think to do it before opening it, will do that and see if I get anywhere. I'm not depserate to use these worlds but it's a good challenge, don't even know if I'll ever use them. I'll plod on with this now and then in between doing the multitude of other things I'm doing now, lol
Lab Assistant
#80 Old 2nd Dec 2010 at 3:56 AM
As I said, long error message:

Could not open package:
C:\Kyle\Documents\Electronics Arts\The Sims 3\InstalledWorlds\Riverview.world
Front-end Distribution: 10-1104-1243
Library Distribution: 10-1104-1243
Source: s3pi.package
Assembly: s3pi.Package. Version=1011.4.12.22851, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
Expected mage tag 'DBPF'. Found 'DBPP'.
at s3pi.Package.Packge.CheckHeader()
at s3pi.Package.Package..ctor(Int32 requestedVersion, Steam s)
at s3pi.Package.Package.OpenPackage(Int32 APIversio, String PackagePath, Boolean readwrite)
at S3PIDemoFE.MainForm.MainForm_PackageFilenameChanged(Object sender, EventArgs e)

Get the same for Barnical Bay, but all the other cities that come with the expansions work fine.
Mad Poster
#81 Old 2nd Dec 2010 at 7:47 AM
So after I managed to make France playable, I screwed it up and couldn't play it anymore. No big deal, I thought, just make it again and dont make the same mistakes. Well, that's when it all began. Ever since I posted "I did it", I couldn't do it. I must have retried 100 times or so over the last 3 or 4 days.

Today, I finally hit a breakthrough in spite of myself. That long winded post I made a few days ago is bs. Well not exactly, but for the most part. Not really remembering what I did, I tried to sum it up, didn't work obviously. So without further adieu, here are the revised steps:
  1. create a new world in CAW, save and exit
  2. open the France world with S3PE and export the resources to a folder (i put mine on the desktop)
  3. remove the UNKN 0x296A6258 and WPID 0xF609FD60
  4. open the world, you just created, with S3PE and "Import from File" the resources from France, save and exit S3PE
  5. open the edited world in CAW, Give the world a name, description, and thumbnail. then use "SAVE AS" , give the world a new name and save
  6. Export the world
  7. install with the launcher
  8. start the game and look for you new world under New Game Menu

This has worked 5 for 5 today, so you should end up with a playable France world just as it appears in World Adventures with all the people (36 or so), base camp, tomb lots, etc. From here, you can do with it as you will. During some testing and the many mishaps trying to make this work, I've found a few things you should take note of:
  • As in HP's thread to fix the routing errors in Bridgeport, France has 10 or 12 areas that are not covered with the Non Routeable paint properly.
  • in CAW you'll find a piece of road on the side of a hill, no clue how the EA geniuses pulled that one
  • The original Townies from France will have no money when you open the playable version. You can delete them or edit as you see fit
  • because of some of the lag issues with resident sims getting stuck in tombs while User Sims were on vacation, I ended up deleting the tomb lots.
  • the lots I referred to, in my previous post, are the ownable lots when you travel on vacation, these need to be converted to Residential lots, even the empty ones.
  • if you zoom out, but not in map view, you will notice that you go in and out of a fog layer. This does get to be a little annoying after awhile.
  • There is no French music playing in the background as would be if you were on vacation. Not sure about opportunities, I'm guessing they would be normal homeworld types.
  • While France does have a few shops, there are no rabbitholes, so no jobs/careers. You'll need to add them, perhaps with custom rabbitholes so you can keep similar building types.
That's all I can think of at the moment, but should I come up with something else, I'll post again. Sorry for the confusion on the previous post.
Scholar
#82 Old 2nd Dec 2010 at 9:57 AM
I'm wondering about the ethics of this. I know I sound paranoid but these worlds are EP specific. This would mean that if we unlock them and put them up as playable world that we would in effect be ripping off an EP, which would mean people would get the world for free. I know there's a lot of flack about it over on the bbs but I really don't want to go over and read it. This would be especially dodgy if it was something like Barnacle Bay which is a store item (don't have it, don't want it). Is this not exactly the same as cloning the store stuff and putting it up for free? I don't want to use the P word but in essence that's what it would be.

I might continue on with this for my own use but I won't be putting any of these unlocked worlds on my site for fear of reprisal. Is it worth it?
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
Original Poster
#83 Old 2nd Dec 2010 at 10:05 AM
Without the actual content that comes with the EP, though, there's really not going to be much useful in it for people to play with. Think of Egypt without the pyramids, without the marketplace, without any of the trees, plants, spawners, decorations... without even the distant terrain around the edges.

Yeah, the worlds are from an EP, but useless without the EPs. For that reason, I don't see any reason why they shouldn't be available as playable worlds.

If you extracted all the content to be used without the EP too, then sure, that'd be piracy, but modifications of EA content have always been fine - as long as they're actual modifications, not just a rip.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#84 Old 2nd Dec 2010 at 4:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by tilarium
As I said, long error message:

Could not open package:
C:\Kyle\Documents\Electronics Arts\The Sims 3\InstalledWorlds\Riverview.world
Front-end Distribution: 10-1104-1243
Library Distribution: 10-1104-1243
Source: s3pi.package
Assembly: s3pi.Package. Version=1011.4.12.22851, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
Expected mage tag 'DBPF'. Found 'DBPP'.
at s3pi.Package.Packge.CheckHeader()
at s3pi.Package.Package..ctor(Int32 requestedVersion, Steam s)
at s3pi.Package.Package.OpenPackage(Int32 APIversio, String PackagePath, Boolean readwrite)
at S3PIDemoFE.MainForm.MainForm_PackageFilenameChanged(Object sender, EventArgs e)

Get the same for Barnical Bay, but all the other cities that come with the expansions work fine.

You need to run Riverview and Barnacle through the Recompressor to fix them, with the -fd switch to fix as well as 'decrap'. See this thread for details:
http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/s...ic,15129.0.html
I have Riverview and Barnacle both downloaded legally through my EA account, but neither will open with S3PE untouched.
Scholar
#85 Old 2nd Dec 2010 at 8:01 PM
HP, that's what I'm thinking too though. If we unlock these and modify them to bits, then that would be ok. If we unlock them and just put them up as is, then it isn't as that is just ripping.

It's just that I can see it going down a dodgy route and I was just wondering what other people thought. Once people learn to rip these worlds, it won't be long till the rest follows. I know it's well on it's way and I wouldn't want to stop progress, like I said, I want to do this for my own use.

I suppose the only way we'll find out how EA feel about it is after they are uploaded on sites, I'm a coward so my site won't be at the forefront, lmao
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
Original Poster
#86 Old 2nd Dec 2010 at 8:11 PM Last edited by HystericalParoxysm : 2nd Dec 2010 at 8:23 PM.
Well, you can't really just unlock and put up as-is anyway. You have to modify it some to make it work as a liveable world... and even if that's all you do, just converting it to a liveable world, I'd say that's plenty, since without the EP, it's going to be a bare wasteland of suck and fail, missing so much content that you may as well just not bother.

I doubt EA would have any issue with it, since the actual content that makes it a really lovely world simply won't be present without the EP, and they've never had an issue with modifications (even relatively minor ones that, by necessity, render EP or store content base-game-useable) so I don't see why they'd get twisted panties over this, of all things.
Test Subject
#87 Old 2nd Dec 2010 at 8:40 PM
@fluttereyes, you can just tag the world, saying that in order to have the world function properly, WA is needed. That's what i see done on here and many other sims sites even the main sims site. So like @HystericalParoxysm said, it shouldn't be a problem.
Lab Assistant
#88 Old 3rd Dec 2010 at 3:11 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
You need to run Riverview and Barnacle through the Recompressor to fix them, with the -fd switch to fix as well as 'decrap'. See this thread for details:
http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/s...ic,15129.0.html
I have Riverview and Barnacle both downloaded legally through my EA account, but neither will open with S3PE untouched.

You rock... now to try and see if I can the rest of the steps to work! Woot! Then to figure out why my game won't let me make a new game (can only open saved games)....
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#89 Old 4th Dec 2010 at 7:35 AM
Quote: Originally posted by tilarium
Then to figure out why my game won't let me make a new game (can only open saved games)....

Do you see a drop down list of available worlds, or is that not accessible?
Test Subject
#90 Old 5th Dec 2010 at 9:56 AM
i got a problem. Everytime my cas has a error ;/ what should i do?

http://s1241.chomikuj.pl/ChomikImag...6&vid=397370006

http://domi22domi.mybrute.com

Let's have some fun,
This beat is sick
I wanna take a ride on your disco stick
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#91 Old 5th Dec 2010 at 10:52 AM
hrabia, what exactly are you doing when that error occurs? Its it when opening CAW, or when trying to save?
Test Subject
#92 Old 5th Dec 2010 at 3:37 PM
I'm editing terrain and CAW show me this error. I'm in CAW for 1-3 minutes and program has error.

http://domi22domi.mybrute.com

Let's have some fun,
This beat is sick
I wanna take a ride on your disco stick
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#93 Old 5th Dec 2010 at 4:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by hrabia
I'm editing terrain and CAW show me this error. I'm in CAW for 1-3 minutes and program has error.

And this is in a pre-made world that you've opened according to this thread, or is it in a custom world you've made?
Test Subject
#94 Old 13th Dec 2010 at 3:33 PM
Hello.
Sorry for my English.
Because of problems with free space in Bridgeport, I want to edit this, but I still have got some problems. By yours posts I understeand that some of you manageded to edit this city.
I know that you have probably said how to do this more than 1 thousand times, but I'm complete novice. Please do not shot me.

This is what I have already done :
1. Create in CAW a new empty, 300 large, world, and save it. Let it be "BridgeportXXX.world".

2. Open in S3PE original Bridgeport.world and export every of those strange package files (file->export) to a folder on desktop.

3. Remove from this folder:
a)00xF6F609FD60 (S3_F609FD60_00000000_0000000000000001%%+WPID)
b)00x296A6258 (S3_296A6258_00000000_0000000000000001%%+UNKN)

4. Now open BridgeportXXX.world (this empty one) and File->import every of this package files from folder in desktop (unexept those deleted ones).
Tick "Replace duplicates", "Compress" and "Use resource name".
When it's done, save of course.

And finally, when I try to open my BridgeportXXX.world, after a few seconds I have got an error (it says something about opening security memory as far as I remember).

I have got CAW Beta 1.10.9 (in control panel) ...
description=Version: 0.DL-0.0.13998 Changelist: 846393

... as well as the latest 1.18.9 version of the main game and 6.0.81 of LN.

So, am I doing sth wrong or what? I really want to edit a bit this stupid Bridgeport and I would be greatfull for help.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#95 Old 14th Dec 2010 at 10:03 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Inkantator

And finally, when I try to open my BridgeportXXX.world, after a few seconds I have got an error (it says something about opening security memory as far as I remember).

What exactly does the error say?

Also, instead of trying to export the files to a folder on the desktop, try this instead:
Open the blank world you made (BridgeportXXX) in S3Pe, choose import> from package, and then select Bridgeport.World.

When that is imported, click file>save, then scroll down the list and right click> deleted on the WPID resource, and also UNKN 0x296A6258. File>save again.

Will it open in CAW now?
Test Subject
#96 Old 14th Dec 2010 at 9:23 PM
Working on Shang Simla. I followed the instructions in post #81 to the letter. When I attempt to EIG or save from CAS, I get this:

ERROR: There was an error when saving the file 12530421722620659168
ERROR: There was an error when saving the file 12530421719708382208
ERROR: There was an error when saving the file 12530421718465118176
ERROR: There was an error when saving the file 12530421716828718528
ERROR: There was an error when saving the file 12530421714734215200
ERROR: There was an error when saving the file 12530421714734215024
ERROR: There was an error when saving the file 12530421714642468112

Any ideas?
Test Subject
#97 Old 16th Dec 2010 at 12:00 AM
tldrake
Try to save it in a diffrent location. For example : if you have Shang_Simla.world, try to save it as China_Empire.world or something. This method works for me.

simsample
Thanks for a quick answer
I did just as you instructed and it works perfectly
I also managed to edit, save and export my changed Bridgeport. I'm not sure, but I think that deleting those two packages (WPID and UNK) isn't necesary.

But there is another complication. I'm not sure if this is a right place, but whatever. When I load my changed world, names of every building is... changed. I mean : adress, family name and description of building are correct, but description of family disapeared and names of building are... incorrect, for example :

Celebrity Club (Exclusive club) --> EP03/World/EPo3_broadPass/LotName:COM_CelebrityClub (Exclusive club)

More, when I use my CAW and click "Edit in game", everything is alright (unexept descriptions of families - they are all gone).

Do you know, how can I solve it? Well, it's not very problematic, in the worst case I can repair it manualy, but... it will be deadly boring
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#98 Old 16th Dec 2010 at 1:35 AM
tldrake
I'm not sure, but I think that deleting those two packages (WPID and UNK) isn't necesary.

It depends upon what you want to do with the world. The WPID identifies the world, so if you want to replace Bridgeport, you could keep it. If however you wanted to create a second version of Bridgeport, which you could play as well as the original, then you'd have to delete this (so that CAW gives the world a new identity). Otherwise your custom world would conflict with the original Bridgeport, and they would overwrite each other.
The UNK resource contains the flag that marks the world as a city (or a suburb or a vacation world), and gives it traffic. There are certain parts of that resource which break the world description however, so having the Bridgeport resource in a non-Bridgeport world is not recommended. There is more discussion and details of how to flag your custom world as a city here:
http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=424374
Again if you were making a default replacement for Bridgeport, you could leave this resource in.

But there is another complication. I'm not sure if this is a right place, but whatever. When I load my changed world, names of every building is... changed. I mean : adress, family name and description of building are correct, but description of family disapeared and names of building are... incorrect, for example :

Celebrity Club (Exclusive club) --> EP03/World/EPo3_broadPass/LotName:COM_CelebrityClub (Exclusive club)

I haven't looked at this much myself, but I think the names for the families and lots for Bridgeport (and other EA Worlds) is referenced by an xml in the world file, as opposed to being contained in the world file in plain text (this is probably why we are having problems with the world description being broken as I mentioned above- as the World description is stored as a reference in the EA towns, too). I'm sure someone had some suggestions regarding fixing the names, so I'm hoping they'll see this and post here! However the only way I know of is to manually change the names.
Test Subject
#99 Old 1st Jan 2011 at 11:30 PM
I tried this but got stuck at #2 when you said to select all the resources and export as files, to an empty folder where do I get the resources?

If this is any help I'm trying to put the Sunset Valley with all of the sims and houses in CAW and I saw that you were succesfull with SV!

thanks
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#100 Old 1st Jan 2011 at 11:42 PM
It means to select everything that is in the world file that you just opened- each line you can see indicated a resource. There are a couple of thousand of them in the EA worlds.

If you have trouble with this, just open your test world and then choose resource> Import from package, and then choose Sunset Valley world file. This will import everything from Sunset Valley without you having to export them to a file.
Locked thread
Page 4 of 12