Locked thread | Replies: 23017 (Who?), Viewed: 1205978 times.
Page 911 of 920
Instructor
#22751 Old 2nd Sep 2014 at 9:45 AM
Just thought I would add one more thing before I get myself some sleep:

Grades. Your kid sim starts school with a C, and a B is pretty easy to get if you go to school/do your homework/play as a kid for more than a sim week. An A is however pretty darn hard to achieve. It took my genious kid with the knowledge kid ambition about two in-game weeks, keeping her mood high, almost maxing the kid version of logic, doing homework + additional, optional homework as the regular one was done every day, along the road gaining some more (necessary) skills, and then she finally got her top grade.

I will certainly not aim for it again. Grind is the word that best describes it.

ETA: I gained nothing from it either from what I could tell. Aged her up with a cake as soon as the grind was completed. She's just any other (tall) teenager.
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#22752 Old 2nd Sep 2014 at 9:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AsaButler
Does anyone find it weird how, in Suji's livestream, that the parents' hair colors are black and pink while the childrens' were blond, black, and red?

Also, children didn't seem to have as many different hair colors as adults. Primarily natural ones. So no blue- or green-haired children?


At least they got something right. Why would you want your kid inheriting its mothers hair dye? Presumably she wasn't born with pink hair.

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Instructor
#22753 Old 2nd Sep 2014 at 10:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mimoliin
Just thought I would add one more thing before I get myself some sleep:

Grades. Your kid sim starts school with a C, and a B is pretty easy to get if you go to school/do your homework/play as a kid for more than a sim week. An A is however pretty darn hard to achieve. It took my genious kid with the knowledge kid ambition about two in-game weeks, keeping her mood high, almost maxing the kid version of logic, doing homework + additional, optional homework as the regular one was done every day, along the road gaining some more (necessary) skills, and then she finally got her top grade.

I will certainly not aim for it again. Grind is the word that best describes it.

ETA: I gained nothing from it either from what I could tell. Aged her up with a cake as soon as the grind was completed. She's just any other (tall) teenager.


well that sounds good, actually. always bothered me how simply doing your homework translated into an automatic A in TS2 and TS3.
Lab Assistant
#22754 Old 2nd Sep 2014 at 10:15 AM
Irisha, i thought that was what the game was made for - bugs.

What a "#weird" game!
Scholar
#22755 Old 2nd Sep 2014 at 10:20 AM
Sorry if I'm butting into any conversations here, but.. I just checked my gallery, and I've lost all my sims. (Oh Pooltime Amber, we hardly knew ye)
Has this happened to anyone else?

For the record, I bought a new computer. But that shouldn't have mattered, should it? At least not for those I uploaded to the gallery?

“I MAY BE A HOGWARTS STUDENT" Hargirid paused angrily. "BUT I AM ALSO A SATANIST!”
Falco - The original Prombat
Theorist
#22756 Old 2nd Sep 2014 at 10:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TotallyJW
Sorry if I'm butting into any conversations here, but.. I just checked my gallery, and I've lost all my sims. (Oh Pooltime Amber, we hardly knew ye)
Has this happened to anyone else?

For the record, I bought a new computer. But that shouldn't have mattered, should it? At least not for those I uploaded to the gallery?


I moved everything from my CAS directory "Tray" folder to my Sims 4 directory "Tray" folder. Not sure if that'll help but it helped me.
Alchemist
#22757 Old 2nd Sep 2014 at 10:29 AM
Homework was way too easy to get an A in, in both The Sims 2 and The Sims 3 so that is really something positive.

On the other hand, I think all kids should start out with the lowest grade possible.
Mad Poster
#22758 Old 2nd Sep 2014 at 10:47 AM
OK, picked up the game with my gift cards and I have to say I am having fun. I am not happy about that either, cause I still want my toddlers, dammit! What has gotten to me, the family relationships. I have a couple Ennis and Moe, Ennis' mom lives with them. The free will and how they handle the relationship on their own has been so cool. No kids yet, I am having a hard time looking at those babies. Ugh.


They make all types of bathroom noises in the morning. OMG!


I am not saying it's super fantastic and the clipping is ridiculous. I haven't explored much, trying to find seeds in the world, trying for Willow Springs next, they live in Oasis whatever now. I would wait for sales, and possibly to see what they do with patching or EPs for toddlers/pools. I am not into the DLC trip, don't have the desire or money to buy it. I wouldn't have the game if it wasn't for birthday gifts cards.

Those lamps that correspond with the Sims 3 and EPs are rather cool too. Each one have a purpose in their use, like the red ones for Late Night, they do enhance woohoo. I think they spent over an hour woohooing.


I plan on playing 3 families at a time so I am off to build some more. I built the Jonas family house and shared it on the gallery. Building blows still, for me I am not impressed. Also this game needs lots of tweaks for mods. We will see what the community will do for that.

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Scholar
#22759 Old 2nd Sep 2014 at 10:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovcat
I moved everything from my CAS directory "Tray" folder to my Sims 4 directory "Tray" folder. Not sure if that'll help but it helped me.
Hmm, there's nothing there. Oh well, it is what it is. But thanks for the reply!

“I MAY BE A HOGWARTS STUDENT" Hargirid paused angrily. "BUT I AM ALSO A SATANIST!”
Falco - The original Prombat
Test Subject
#22760 Old 2nd Sep 2014 at 10:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivinora
hehe
meanwhile in the daycare no parents drop their baby's off, every 2-3 seconds a random basinet just spawns/despawns



exactly ... weird stories .... ugh
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#22761 Old 2nd Sep 2014 at 10:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lewisb40
OK, picked up the game with my gift cards and I have to say I am having fun. I am not happy about that either, cause I still want my toddlers, dammit! (...)
And another one has fallen! Tsk, tsk.
Lab Assistant
#22762 Old 2nd Sep 2014 at 11:04 AM
Are there any people here from Belgium or the Netherlands?
A site i tend to read on is giving away sims 4+mouse+headset+mousepad so if you feel like entering
link : http://www.4gamers.be/wedstrijden/5...uis-en-mousepad
Didn't enter cause i rather see it go to people who actually would like to play the game
(also for the english people, almost every comment it got was "Oh i'd love to win so i can give this to my Girlfriend", and all i kept thinking is "omg these people must hate their girlfriends ) But nah seriously, I'm happy some people are finding joy with the game, but yeah atm people seem really split about the game (as it has been for months)

edit: and yeah sorry it's only a lowkey site so they prob. don't go outside those countries but still, i figured maybe somebody here would love to know
Forum Resident
#22763 Old 2nd Sep 2014 at 11:07 AM
Maybe someday... If they get their shit together, fixing the complaints that's been popping up and filled the void where the lacking features are... Maybe then, I can finally find myself to love The Sims again...
As for now, the only thing that's keeping me from looking away completely is because what you guys have contributed... The videos, informations and interesting simmies and remakes that you guys have posted... Love y'all.

Kudaku lari gagah berani~
Scholar
#22764 Old 2nd Sep 2014 at 11:19 AM
I've already posted this in another thread, but I figured I'd throw it up here for those who may care.
Muscle definition for male sims is whack.

Somehow making your sim more athletic gives them less defined legs (the two middle pictures). I'm kinda thinking it's a glitch honestly. I really hope they fix it, because it looks very silly

“I MAY BE A HOGWARTS STUDENT" Hargirid paused angrily. "BUT I AM ALSO A SATANIST!”
Falco - The original Prombat
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
Original Poster
#22765 Old 2nd Sep 2014 at 11:19 AM
Ivinora - Ugh I want those damn headphones. Not even because I like TS4, just... those are some nice headphones and I like plumbbob things. I have no idea how to answer the second question though... Good thing I'm registering for Dutch classes today. Hint, please?

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Forum Resident
#22766 Old 2nd Sep 2014 at 11:19 AM
I was worried that I would give in and just end up buying this game.

But nope still not touching it, not even with a muddy stick...
Instructor
#22767 Old 2nd Sep 2014 at 11:40 AM
ugh, this is kind of annoying. you know how you could press the tab key and level the camera mode or whatever (you know, which perspective you see the sims in idek what it's called in english)? well that doesn't seem to work anymore so whenever i zoom out, it's like a bird's eye view.

also edge scrolling only works left, right and top, not bottom
Forum Resident
#22768 Old 2nd Sep 2014 at 11:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don_Babilon
And another one has fallen! Tsk, tsk.


Flaygor peeks nervously around the doorway ..... "Now don't get mad at me Don, but....."

Scholar
#22769 Old 2nd Sep 2014 at 11:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pelouse
also edge scrolling only works left, right and top, not bottom
Why would they even.. that makes no sense at all

“I MAY BE A HOGWARTS STUDENT" Hargirid paused angrily. "BUT I AM ALSO A SATANIST!”
Falco - The original Prombat
Instructor
#22770 Old 2nd Sep 2014 at 11:44 AM
actually i figured out the perspective thing, you have to adjust it through the scroll thingy (the middle part) of your computer mouse. it's okay now #crisisaverted #bro
Instructor
#22771 Old 2nd Sep 2014 at 11:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TotallyJW
Why would they even.. that makes no sense at all


welp apparently it works if you dont hover over the ui bar, sorry!!!

ea probably hates me, im making the game seem worse than it is
Mad Poster
#22772 Old 2nd Sep 2014 at 11:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lewisb40
...I have a couple Ennis and Moe, Ennis' mom lives with them. The free will and how they handle the relationship on their own has been so cool. No kids yet, I am having a hard time looking at those babies. Ugh....Those lamps that correspond with the Sims 3 and EPs are rather cool too. Each one have a purpose in their use, like the red ones for Late Night, they do enhance woohoo. I think they spent over an hour.

@lewisb40 - I love your people and your screen shots of them. They seem so interesting! Thanks for all the information, too. I was hoping those lamps really did add something to the game and weren't just some silly deco item. Did you get the lamp from the future expansion? That's the one that I won't have when I get my game and I was wondering what it did.

Addicted to The Sims since 2000.
Field Researcher
#22773 Old 2nd Sep 2014 at 11:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inge Jones
At least they got something right. Why would you want your kid inheriting its mothers hair dye? Presumably she wasn't born with pink hair.



But what if she was born with pink hair...
Lab Assistant
#22774 Old 2nd Sep 2014 at 12:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HystericalParoxysm
Ivinora - Ugh I want those damn headphones. Not even because I like TS4, just... those are some nice headphones and I like plumbbob things. I have no idea how to answer the second question though... Good thing I'm registering for Dutch classes today. Hint, please?


I send you a Private but since i'm not sure if people where posting agree's cause they also love those headphones or because they don't fully get the second question
They are asking how many articles Papfles and Jay will post the day AFTER the compitition ends (so on monday 8 September)
those second questions always suck ;P
Again though stressing this is prob. just Belgium or Netherlands that can win though (BUT: too be fair XD i was asking my husband because i cannot find any rules back on their site they DO NOT seem to have any rules if outsider country's can win their things XD muhahahaha they must have missed that)
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#22775 Old 2nd Sep 2014 at 12:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flaygor
Flaygor peeks nervously around the doorway ..... "Now don't get mad at me Don, but....."

Well, you know, I have a private list of usernames with bets on each. Unfortunately, noone joined me apart from myself, otherwise I would be winning a lot of money today. Well, I could of course transfer the betting money from one bank account to another to uphold the illusion...
Locked thread
Page 911 of 920
Back to top