Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Decorative Parking Spaces - with random cars parked

by MogHughson Posted 18th May 2009 at 3:45 PM - Updated 17th May 2011 at 6:16 PM by MogHughson : Removed internal categorisation as a driveway

246 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 209 Feedback Posts, 36 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 7 of 10
Test Subject
#151 Old 21st Aug 2009 at 7:29 PM
What do you mean by "Of course if there is a car parked in the parking space you won't be able to see them, but occaisionally they will be visible and will surprise you again!"??? Does it mean, your playing the game and all of a sudden you see an unknown car pop out then go invisible again??? Freaky...=\

I ♥ Twilight, New Moon, Eclipse, and Breaking Dawn.
#152 Old 21st Aug 2009 at 8:13 PM
Not at all. If a car is parked in a marked space, the car hides the marks. The appearance of the cars is random, however, so some visits will have one car in a space, other visits will have a different car in that space, and still other visits will have NO car in that space. When there is no car, you will see the marks on the marked spaces.

This Space Intentionally Left Blank
Scholar
#153 Old 23rd Aug 2009 at 5:12 AM
Quote: Originally posted by MogHughson
They are in with the driveways.

If you mean, under "Garage", I don't see it. I've looked in all sections and can't find it. I do have custom content enabled, so I'm not sure what's going on.
Miss BHAVing
retired moderator
Original Poster
#154 Old 24th Aug 2009 at 4:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by twilightfreak1100
What do you mean by "Of course if there is a car parked in the parking space you won't be able to see them, but occaisionally they will be visible and will surprise you again!"??? Does it mean, your playing the game and all of a sudden you see an unknown car pop out then go invisible again??? Freaky...=\
I mean "Of course if there is a car parked in the parking space your won't be able to see the symbols on the parking space, but occaisionally the randomness of car generation will mean the parking space will not have a car parked there and then the symbol will be visible to you again."

Is that clearer?
Quote: Originally posted by 1ove
If you mean, under "Garage", I don't see it. I've looked in all sections and can't find it. I do have custom content enabled, so I'm not sure what's going on.
If it is not showing up along with the driveways then you don't have it. Make sure you have the required EPs - i.e. NightLife and then check the usual steps to get custom content to show up properly that is linked from the "Install Instructions" tab.

Cheers
Mog

Mostly I fix Gameplay annoyances. I take requests and have made a few Requested mods already. Visit me on MTS Yearbook
My other projects: British High Street, Postal System for the Sims and Better Parking for Sims
Scholar
#155 Old 25th Aug 2009 at 5:13 AM
It only works with the actual EP. I have Double Deluxe (which is Nightlife bundled with Celebration SP over the original game) and it didn't show up. Once I installed OfB and the alternative "all EPs beyond Nightlife" version, it came up immediately.

Thanks for this!
Miss BHAVing
retired moderator
Original Poster
#156 Old 25th Aug 2009 at 4:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by 1ove
It only works with the actual EP. I have Double Deluxe (which is Nightlife bundled with Celebration SP over the original game) and it didn't show up. Once I installed OfB and the alternative "all EPs beyond Nightlife" version, it came up immediately.

Thanks for this!
Well that is interesting. I don't have Double Deluxe myself, so I have not come across this behaviour. I have just raised the question on the modding forum here to see if anyone can advise me on how I should get around this. Perhaps if there is a way, I can make a small update in the future to allow it to work for Double Deluxe. I'm glad you're up and running in the mean time though.

Cheers
Mog

Mostly I fix Gameplay annoyances. I take requests and have made a few Requested mods already. Visit me on MTS Yearbook
My other projects: British High Street, Postal System for the Sims and Better Parking for Sims
Test Subject
#157 Old 1st Sep 2009 at 7:50 PM
Thanks i've been looking for something like this for ages
Forum Resident
#158 Old 9th Sep 2009 at 12:33 AM
Simply fantastic!

"If you suspect you won't like the answer, then don't make the question"
Scholar
#159 Old 3rd Oct 2009 at 1:02 AM
Brilliant! Just downloaded it - I have Double Deluxe too and it worked for me - then again, I also have almost all the EP's up to AL. Just one question... the cars are showing up as "custom content" now on my game?

"Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."
- Douglas Adams (The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy)
tumblr
Scholar
#160 Old 3rd Oct 2009 at 1:02 AM
Thank you soooooo much!

tumblr
Miss BHAVing
retired moderator
Original Poster
#161 Old 3rd Oct 2009 at 12:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sims2Nut
Just one question... the cars are showing up as "custom content" now on my game?
That is because I had to modify the cars to be selectable by the parking spaace - thus they earn the C.C. marking in the catalog. It is normal and expected.

Cheers
Mog

Scholar
#162 Old 3rd Oct 2009 at 7:28 PM
Wait - so just wondering. Not that I would do this, but hypothetically, if I turned custom content off, the cars wouldn't show up?

tumblr
Miss BHAVing
retired moderator
Original Poster
#163 Old 4th Oct 2009 at 1:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sims2Nut
Wait - so just wondering. Not that I would do this, but hypothetically, if I turned custom content off, the cars wouldn't show up?
no - I believe if you turned custom content off then the over-ride that this mod provides would be removed and you'd be back with the versions of the cars from the game. They haven't been deleted from the game files, just over-ridden by the mod from this download. Any alteration to an existing Maxis object will be indicated with the custom content star, not just completely new custom content. It is simply a way of telling that the object you are looking at is not as it was shipped by Maxis.

Hope this helps,
Cheers
Mog

Miss BHAVing
retired moderator
Original Poster
#164 Old 22nd Nov 2009 at 6:35 PM
Thanks to the advice and help from thesims29, this object has now been updated to work with Numenor's Driveable Cars without NL. I had expected it to be a lot of work and had been putting it off, but thesims29 told me exactly the small change that was needed and that his testing had showed that it did work with that small change.

So I am extremely grateful to thesims29 as making it work with this mod is something I had been meaning to look into for a while. Now you can all use it - no thanks to me

Lab Assistant
#165 Old 23rd Dec 2009 at 8:47 PM
I cannot believe how very wonderful you made this Mog, I suggest you shoukd also create maybe a helicopter one, For thos Buisnesses that use multiple helicopters! That would be also amazing. Do take it into consideration Mog, And Thanks for the Wonderful, Fine, Genuine, Master-piece you created with the support of fellow friends and members of MTS2! Laterz

With Compation and Peace in Regardes,
DarkWarrior5558

"If you want to be a hero, you must have dreams... and honor. Embrace your dreams. " - Angeal
Forum Resident
#166 Old 27th Dec 2009 at 2:59 PM
Most awesome mod ever. I'm remaking all the lots in Pleasant View, so this will come in handy, very much. Thank you so much!!!
Lab Assistant
#167 Old 27th Jan 2010 at 11:33 PM
I truly love this mod (thank you for making and sharing it) and would hate to go back to my life without it but I've noticed a problem. The maxis pick-up truck disappears when I put this mod in game. I know it's not an amazing car, but I think that just tells that this mod is doing something it's not supposed to. And it is this one, I went through all my downloads methodically.

I really hope you can fix this this - or tell me if I can do something to fix it. I have the latest version of this mod. I admit I haven't read all the posts, that's because it took me an hour and 45 minutes to go through my DLs and it's past midnight and my eyes are starting to get blurry
Miss BHAVing
retired moderator
Original Poster
#168 Old 28th Jan 2010 at 11:47 AM
Hi Clarina,

Thanks for letting me know. Can I confirm that by "dissappear" you mean that it is no longer buyable from the Buy Mode Catalog?

A recent update to this mod separated the updates to Maxis cars (to allow them to appear in the parking spaces) out of the main package - partly because there are quite a few C.C. cars now updated and partly because of the need for "Driveable Cards without NL" users to use the cars.package from that download instead. If you were to run your game with the latest version and remove the maxis-ownable-cars-Mog-20090327.package, that would confirm to me whether the problem was with my updates to the Maxis Cars, or more seriously with the main mod. It would help my diagnosis. Would you be able to do that?

Cheers
Mog

Lab Assistant
#169 Old 28th Jan 2010 at 4:28 PM Last edited by Clarina : 28th Jan 2010 at 4:30 PM. Reason: spelling
Hey Mog, thanks for being so swift and sorry it's taken me a while (had to take the dog to the vet to get antibiotics).
Yes, the problem is that the car is missing from buy catalog, I don't know if it would be missing from a lot because I haven't any of those in this neighborhood just now. It seems your advice was good and I feel a little that I didn't try it without the maxis-ownable -file. The pick-up truck is indeed back in catalog when that maxis-ownable-cars-Mog-20090327.package -file is taken out. This problem was present with the old decorative-parking-space as well, but now since the update this new file works (yay!!) without the mentioned maxis-ownable, which I can live without for now, I have quite a few downloaded cc-cars.

Thanks for help, really, I truly appreciate it, since I have no idea if others are having this problem. Really, I have so many cars and since with that file the Maxis ones get the cc-stars as well, it took me quite a while to notice it was gone, it was only because I needed it.

Ciao,
Clarina
Test Subject
#170 Old 29th Jan 2010 at 10:50 AM
YESSS! Thank you SO much this is wicked, I also felt spooked by the empty car parks in Pleasantview. CHEERS! This is awesome!!!!
Miss BHAVing
retired moderator
Original Poster
#171 Old 31st Jan 2010 at 12:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Clarina
Yes, the problem is that the car is missing from buy catalog.
This is now fixed - to rectify you only need to download the newest MUST-HAVE-NIGHTLIFE-maxis-ownable-cars-Mog-20090327.rar.

Cheers
Mog

Lab Assistant
#172 Old 2nd Feb 2010 at 5:57 PM
Thank you! You are amazing.
Test Subject
#173 Old 4th Feb 2010 at 7:06 AM
sweet thanx
Lab Assistant
#174 Old 23rd Apr 2010 at 11:15 PM
Cool!!!
Test Subject
#175 Old 24th Apr 2010 at 10:03 PM
Thanks Sooo Much , i truly appreciate it !
Page 7 of 10