Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
#101 Old 17th Jun 2009 at 4:44 PM
Aging is during night (midnight or 2 AM I'm not sure). The morning there is a message who says "someone can have his / her birthday today".

All of nature is within us and we are part of all nature (Chief White Cloud)
Advertisement
transmogrified
retired moderator
#102 Old 17th Jun 2009 at 4:58 PM
Tzigone, I know my babysitters and paper delivery kids are constantly switching. I assumed the latter was because the previous delivery kid had aged up, but -- to be honest -- I am having a challenging time tracking the neighborhood growth. Which brings me to my stupid question:

If you have story progression on, will new families simply move in on top of existing families in households with spare beds? I married my first spare to Mortimer Goth's parthenogenic daughter, and when I shifted him to live in the Goth household, there was a second (non-Goth) family living there.
Field Researcher
#103 Old 17th Jun 2009 at 5:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Mihura
Aging is during night (midnight or 2 AM I'm not sure). The morning there is a message who says "someone can have his / her birthday today".

I think the aging is at midnight, except that on the day they actually age up, they'll do the transition some time in the evening (somewhere between 7-10pm, I think) if they haven't yet had a birthday cake. I found this out when I decided to hold an evening birthday party for two of my Sims.

So I'm like, "Cool! What should I get? Brain in a jar... monkey's paw... ooh, pie!"
Test Subject
#104 Old 17th Jun 2009 at 5:11 PM
How do you get a female maid? Every time I hire maid service they send a dude.
Forum Resident
#105 Old 17th Jun 2009 at 5:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mangaroo
Tzigone, I know my babysitters and paper delivery kids are constantly switching. I assumed the latter was because the previous delivery kid had aged up
Thanks. I play slowly. Aging and progression on a for a few days, then, whenever I notice someone new in town, off for a few days to get everything settled, then back on again. Mortimer only just turned teen in my game, and I know one of my babysitters is still a teen (just got met in school) and my paperboy (I only recognize one boy and one girl) is still a child, since I saw him on a community lot.

Quote:
If you have story progression on, will new families simply move in on top of existing families in households with spare beds?
Yes. They'll also move into empty houses. I had one person move in with Claire and three move in next door with the Frios. In my other game, someone moved in with the Altos. My sister had three guys move in with Crumplebottom. Drives me batty. I have to move them all out. Right now the four from this game are all in a household together named "Invaders." I'm hoping AwesomeMod will have something for that soon. I'm fine with new families moving in to the empty houses, but not into other families' homes.

Quote:
How do you get a female maid? Every time I hire maid service they send a dude.
Even if you hire a service, you get a different maid every day. Wait long enough, and a woman will come.
Test Subject
#106 Old 18th Jun 2009 at 12:36 AM
Is the bed the only place you can woohoo?
Field Researcher
#107 Old 18th Jun 2009 at 12:43 AM
Quote: Originally posted by RustyShackle
Is the bed the only place you can woohoo?

As far as I have seen yes it is.
transmogrified
retired moderator
#108 Old 18th Jun 2009 at 12:52 AM
Rusty, I haven't tried it myself, but you can supposedly woohoo in some of the rabbit-hole venues (the theater, city hall) if your Sim is taking a tour with another Sim with a strong enough romantic relationship.
Scholar
#109 Old 18th Jun 2009 at 10:45 AM
Yes, woohooing while touring the theatre works.

I have a question, how do you know your sim is pregnant? Is there a little jingle like in sims 2? Ive been trying for baby over and over again for 3 days and finally I notice my sim had the nauseous moodlet.. but that doesnt make sense if they get nauseous right away. Soo, is there a sound Im suppose to hear that I apparently cant?
Instructor
#110 Old 18th Jun 2009 at 10:51 AM
Yup there is a jingle, and if she's nauseous from "unknown causes" she's pregnant.
Test Subject
#111 Old 18th Jun 2009 at 6:06 PM Last edited by -StarrY- : 18th Jun 2009 at 6:40 PM.
I have aging option off currently, is there any way to age my toddlers? I tried using a cake to do it but the option to grow my little girls is not there...

The girls have already learn how to walk, talk and use the potty...

Edit: I figure it out... having testingcheatsenabled true, I can shift click my girl and age her.
Lab Assistant
#112 Old 19th Jun 2009 at 1:15 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lazzybum
I have a question, how do you know your sim is pregnant? Is there a little jingle like in sims 2? Ive been trying for baby over and over again for 3 days and finally I notice my sim had the nauseous moodlet.. but that doesnt make sense if they get nauseous right away. Soo, is there a sound Im suppose to hear that I apparently cant?

There is, but it seems to be a bit inconsistent. I have a sim that's had 4 children/pregnancies. Out of the 4 times of getting pregnant, I heard the lullaby/jingle twice...the other two times I never heard it, but she got the nauseous moodlet shortly after they ceased their, er, activities. It is possible that I simply missed hearing it those two times, however.
Lab Assistant
#113 Old 19th Jun 2009 at 6:30 PM
My question is how much time must pass between autograph sessions if you're at the top of the career in music? My sim had an autograph session the other day, and I wanted to do another one. However, it says "enough time hasn't passed" when I hover over the option.
Test Subject
#114 Old 19th Jun 2009 at 8:24 PM
I aged Mortimer and Bella. I clicked the option for them to be best friends forever.

They don't seem to get any further interaction wise outside of the normal romantic flirts (amorous hugs etc.)

How can I get them to be love interests ?

(Any tips will be appreciated)

Playing Sims 3.
Field Researcher
#115 Old 19th Jun 2009 at 10:41 PM
Is it possible to create Townies yet?

Thanks for the help xx
Field Researcher
#116 Old 23rd Jun 2009 at 3:37 PM
Default Full Fridge?
I can't seem to put my inventory in the fridge. I drag it and it won't go in there. Can the fridge be to full? Also, can my husband give his inventory items to his wife, because she is the cook and he has all the items.
Scholar
#117 Old 23rd Jun 2009 at 5:19 PM
Kyrstalparv- toddlers can actually change their own looks- buy a floor mirror for your house- and make sure you have a dresser on the same floor as the tot- have tot click on floor mirror- change appearance will pop up- have then change their appearance to how you want them to look- the same thing with dresser- click tot- plan outfit- and plan new clothes for them

Lindsfish- Some of the rare and uncommon seeds like limes, watermelon, garlic and onions can be bought as fruit/veg at the store - seeds area also found on the ground throughout town- specifically the parks, the graveyard, by exploring the catacombs etc- the more isolated a location is the more likely a seed is to be rare, uncommon, special, or higher quality (e.g. bad, nice, very nice, good, excellent, perfect) . You can look for seeds by going in to neigborhood view- clicking a location and zooming in and scrolling along the ground - seeds will look like little white dots on the ground- click on on the seed and click pick up and your Sim will walk/drive/teleport themselves to where the seed is and pick it up- it is actually pretty fun to watch them running up the side of a mountain to get a seed.
Lab Assistant
#118 Old 3rd Jul 2009 at 10:55 PM
Does adoption work the same way in sims 3 like sims 2. Where if one is taken away then it will end up in the pool and can be re adopted

I am not sure why my name is now bs624_SC or why it thinks i joined in Dec. 1969, any ideas pm me. Thanks!

You can call me bs, bs624, or just Becky :)

I enter contests, but I haven't won yet, so don't be worried.
Instructor
#119 Old 3rd Jul 2009 at 11:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by bs624_SC
Does adoption work the same way in sims 3 like sims 2. Where if one is taken away then it will end up in the pool and can be re adopted

Nope. Random sims are generated when you adopt. Children taken away are placed with other families in town.
Lab Assistant
#120 Old 4th Jul 2009 at 3:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by alyria80
Nope. Random sims are generated when you adopt. Children taken away are placed with other families in town.

Thats annoying...

I am not sure why my name is now bs624_SC or why it thinks i joined in Dec. 1969, any ideas pm me. Thanks!

You can call me bs, bs624, or just Becky :)

I enter contests, but I haven't won yet, so don't be worried.
Test Subject
#121 Old 4th Jul 2009 at 4:48 PM
How do you find jewels and stuff? I can't figure out how to find them...
Field Researcher
#122 Old 4th Jul 2009 at 5:26 PM
rosieposiepudnpie, just move things from his inventory onto her pic on the left. The items should appear in her inventory when you open it.

Deelicious1920, read arelenriel's response to Lindsfish as the answer is pretty much the same. Additionally, you'll want to look around rocks as that is a good place to find gems.
Scholar
#123 Old 4th Jul 2009 at 7:41 PM
What's the lifespan of the money tree? My Sim has three trees and I'm waiting for them to die before I'm buying him a new house. He's harvesting the trees for more than six weeks now, the lifefruits and flamefruits he planted the same time are long gone.
Test Subject
#124 Old 4th Jul 2009 at 8:40 PM
my retarted dumb dumb question....
my stupid question is this....can you use sims 2 mods onto sims 3?
Field Researcher
#125 Old 4th Jul 2009 at 8:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by arathea
What's the lifespan of the money tree? My Sim has three trees and I'm waiting for them to die before I'm buying him a new house. He's harvesting the trees for more than six weeks now, the lifefruits and flamefruits he planted the same time are long gone.

My sim has had his for sim weeks actually it's been a couple of real life weeks too. I don't think they die, you can still move and go to the old house to harvest the tree.
Page 5 of 385