Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Testers Wanted: Primitive Scroll-in-a-Box Table Phone

by HystericalParoxysm Posted 30th Oct 2006 at 6:58 PM - Updated 19th Mar 2009 at 2:06 PM by -Maylin-

67 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 64 Feedback Posts, 2 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 3 of 3
Lab Assistant
#51 Old 11th Jun 2007 at 6:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HystericalParoxysm
Hehe, yeah, probably. There are all these damn fantasy sims and elves and stuff that just have nothing reasonable as a phone replacement...

Just finding it difficult to come up with concepts that make sense for it. So, y'know, if you have any bright ideas, jhd, with that big squishy brain of yours, I wouldn't mind a PM with them.

how about a big seashell? like the conch type, all twisty on one side and with a big opening on the other. and then make the base that the phone rests on invisible (or put it in a decorative bowl if that doesn't work)
Instructor
#52 Old 3rd Aug 2007 at 10:35 PM
Wow! This is awesome! I've really been wanting something like this for my medieval sims! The only thing I had thought of for a medieval phone was like some sort of cow horn or seashell, but it would look really odd being held next to the ear. Much cooler than having a phone! Thank you very much!
Test Subject
#53 Old 11th Sep 2007 at 11:15 PM
This is GREAT for my fantasy sims! Now I just need a TV replacement...anyone know of one?

Anyways, yeah, you're pretty much awesome! Thanks!
Lab Assistant
#54 Old 13th Jan 2008 at 9:28 AM
Thank you HP!! I can easily pretend it's magic, i pretend lot's of things are magic with some replacement objects i have for my simmies! =)
Thank you for your creativity and this nifty creation
Test Subject
#55 Old 29th Feb 2008 at 7:39 AM
This is quite useful, thank you! I have noticed that the "caller ID" hack doesn't seem to work in tandem with this phone, though I get around it by placing a Maxis phone under the house with the rest of the utility items.
Test Subject
#56 Old 20th Mar 2008 at 7:06 AM
For some reason my phone keeps on disappearing.
Test Subject
#57 Old 30th Jun 2008 at 7:55 AM
I tested it in my game, with all the add-ons up to and with Free Time (but without the kits), and it works perfectly for whatever you could want to do with a phone (unless if you want to find mushrooms)!

Thanks a lot for this wonderful phone!
Lab Assistant
#58 Old 28th Oct 2008 at 8:46 AM
My phone also disappears as soon as I return to Live mode. I have all EPs up to Seasons and the Glamour Life Stuff. No FFS or Holiday pack installed. It displays properly and looks just fine in the catalog and when placing.
Test Subject
#59 Old 16th Jan 2009 at 2:54 AM
I've had this scroll phone for ages now, and have not had one glitch with it yet. Very fitting with the medieval atmosphere, and amusing to watch!! A BIG thank you for making this mesh, and a BIG, BIG recommend for this download! :D
Test Subject
#60 Old 21st Feb 2009 at 1:58 AM
This is cool i probably wont use it as a phone tho lol Us it for da looks XD
Forum Resident
#61 Old 9th Mar 2009 at 8:57 PM
I was actually looking for a buyable cell phone (as in buy mode not kiosk at a community lot) as my sims are in isolation and can't get out into the real world to purchase one. They pass small items through the trash chutes which conveniently (?) empty into their neighbor's bathroom (down the commode if the lid is up). The idea of writing a note and sending it through the chute works well too. Thank you so much!
Field Researcher
#62 Old 4th Sep 2009 at 12:15 PM
It´s a bit late to comment this, but this is a great idea. Only the pictures are very dark, hard to see. I thought posting good pictures was a rule for everyone.
Test Subject
#63 Old 23rd Mar 2010 at 6:09 PM
Ahehe... This is great! XD Makes me wonder though if perchance there will be a rock as a phone like in Ice Age 3. XD Whatever, this is really awesome! 8D
Test Subject
#64 Old 21st May 2010 at 12:11 PM
HaHa that a good idea for telephone
Lab Assistant
#65 Old 8th Nov 2010 at 11:10 AM
This is the only phone I use in my residential lots for my medieval neighborhood. Thanks for a cool phone.
Test Subject
#66 Old 16th Apr 2012 at 8:33 PM
THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT I WAS LOOKING FOR!! ive begun a medieval/fantasy/magic type neighborhood and i thought it would be slightly weird if everything was stones and fireplace cooking and then BAMM modern phone! So thank you very much!!!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#67 Old 18th Aug 2016 at 1:52 AM
Thanks!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#68 Old 26th Aug 2019 at 7:31 PM
This is exactly what I needed! Thank you so much!
Page 3 of 3