Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Part-time Hermit
#326 Old 4th Apr 2007 at 1:59 PM
No, I don't think you need an internet connection for that. What you're probably getting is an error message about a missing managed Direct X. It's one of the pieces of software listed under "software needed to run SimPE" on the SimPE download page. Lately a lot of people have been missing that. It's important to read all the information when downloading something. You need that in order to be able to view meshes.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#327 Old 5th Apr 2007 at 3:15 AM
ALL MY PROBLEMS ARE FINALLY SOLVED! Thanks, mod_bv and IgnorantBliss for your help! I have a question though: How do you make more complex things on Wings? This one was just a box. How do you make, like a sofa? or a chair? or something else that is more than just a box?
Part-time Hermit
#328 Old 5th Apr 2007 at 5:04 AM
I think there is a tutorial in this section for making more complex meshes with Wings 3D, might want to take a look at that. I don't use Wings myself, so I can't help with the specifics of that.
Test Subject
#329 Old 5th Apr 2007 at 11:49 PM
Also, my end table looks weird because it has the colors of the old one. Should I look at a tutorial for texturing for that?
Part-time Hermit
#330 Old 6th Apr 2007 at 6:21 AM
Do you mean it has all the recolors of the original, or just that you haven't replaced the texture in the mesh packahe with something new yet?
Test Subject
#331 Old 6th Apr 2007 at 5:27 PM
Um I guess so...I'm not sure. I saw in another thread something about TEXTR files. Is that what I need? Because I don't know what that is and there wasn't anything in this tutorial about that...
Part-time Hermit
#332 Old 6th Apr 2007 at 6:17 PM
Can you attach the object package to this thread, please, it's hard to say otherwise what exactly is the problem.
Test Subject
#333 Old 6th Apr 2007 at 7:52 PM
Great tut, just made my endtable, now i'm going to check it out fingers crossed, here goes.

Lifes all for living it and i'm all for giving it a try.
Lifes all for living it and i'm all for giving it a try.
Test Subject
#334 Old 6th Apr 2007 at 8:32 PM
Okay, I think I found out how to change the TEXTR thingy in SimPE when I tried doing a counter (which didn't work for a different reason so I'm going to have to redo that) but the texture I made didn't show up in the game, it still had the old stuff which looked weird again. Also, the way I thought would work on the counter wasn't even THERE when I opened SimPE to my end table. At the bottom of the list in the Resource Tree, it says Texture or something like that. I clicked on that and it showed up with the texture maps from the old counter. I deleted all of them and imported different jpegs from my own PC...actually, I think I know why that didn't work nevermind but why isn't it there for my end table?
Part-time Hermit
#335 Old 6th Apr 2007 at 8:56 PM
You should not delete the original textures, you're supposed import a new texture to replace them, if you don't want to keep the originals. Also, you don't import JPEGs, but either PNGs or BMPs. For a tutorial that also explains the texture importing part, I recommend the Wings 3D version of this tutorial.
Test Subject
#336 Old 10th Apr 2007 at 9:19 AM
Where to find the Gemotric Data Container
Hi people I think you made a mistake it's not reference tree it's rescoure tree if it is reference tree I don't know where reference tree is but with the rescource tree i can't find it in there either can somone help me please?
Part-time Hermit
#337 Old 10th Apr 2007 at 9:54 AM
Yes, it's called a Resource tree.
Test Subject
#338 Old 11th Apr 2007 at 10:09 AM
Good so I got it right.

Is it on the Desktop/Start/Programs/SimPE/Themes/Classic look is it under there?
Test Subject
#339 Old 11th Apr 2007 at 10:21 AM
Once I get into the gemoetric whatever thingy all it brings up that's ment to be in there is one called the gemoetric thingy but when I double click on it, it dose not do anything.
Part-time Hermit
#340 Old 11th Apr 2007 at 10:55 AM
If you don't see anything on the supposed list on the right, go to Extra -> Preferences -> SimPE Settings and click Reset Layout. Also, make sure you have installed the managed DirectX there is a link to at the SimPE download page.
Test Subject
#341 Old 13th Apr 2007 at 5:35 PM
Thanks!

Aaaaah, what a great tutorial It took me all day to learn, and I had to re-do it afterwards, but it was great!! Thanks so much!

Will be telling fellow simmers about this
Test Subject
#342 Old 13th Apr 2007 at 5:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Timmy906
Once I get into the gemoetric whatever thingy all it brings up that's ment to be in there is one called the gemoetric thingy but when I double click on it, it dose not do anything.

I had that problem too!! What you have to do is go back to the SimPE download page and install the direct x 9 managing thingy. Then just open SimPE and voila! Hope I helped.
Test Subject
#343 Old 14th Apr 2007 at 7:33 PM
Thanks!
thanks for the great tutorial! By the way, How do you make a tutorial?
The ModFather
retired moderator
#344 Old 14th Apr 2007 at 7:54 PM
The main problem is guessing what people will ask, when you explain a procedure; and answer to those questions before they are asked
And of course, you have to take a lot of screenshots! .

I've finally started my Journal. Information only, no questions.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

I *DON'T* accept requests, sorry.
Instructor
#345 Old 30th Apr 2007 at 1:47 PM Last edited by morten8035 : 30th Apr 2007 at 7:15 PM.
How do I merge two models to one?

I want these two should be one.

Unauthorized incoming post!
Instructor
#346 Old 5th May 2007 at 8:50 AM Last edited by $RaMRoM$ : 5th May 2007 at 9:11 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by morten8035
How do I merge two models to one?

I want these two should be one.

first make sure you are in the forth traingle

edit
sorry allmost forgot! you need 2 select the 2 objects then follow the next step!
edit
Right Click, then Choose "Combine"

Screenshots
Attached Images

Instructor
#347 Old 8th May 2007 at 2:28 PM

Unauthorized incoming post!
Test Subject
#348 Old 9th May 2007 at 2:59 AM
What if you have mac os 9? in the 3Dwings thing, it said that it didn't have a version for
it!

If I had 3 wishes, I would want a 3 story home, $10,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,
and three more wishes.
Instructor
#349 Old 9th May 2007 at 1:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by morten8035

you're so welcome!
The ModFather
retired moderator
#350 Old 10th May 2007 at 3:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by pinkctr13
What if you have mac os 9? in the 3Dwings thing, it said that it didn't have a version for
it!

I don't know exactly all the OS supported by Wings, but if MacOS 9 isn'0t listed on the Wings site, then I'm afraid you have to find a different 3D editor... or a different OS .

I've finally started my Journal. Information only, no questions.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

I *DON'T* accept requests, sorry.
Page 14 of 18