Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 30th Jun 2020 at 6:04 AM Last edited by Moname34 : 1st Jul 2020 at 3:00 AM. Reason: I am very dumb sheesh

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default (SOLVED) "Sims" content doesn't show up since I have installed AL & FT with the Clean Installer I think???
Have all the expansions I wanted. I recently just got Apartment Life and FreeTime and immediately wanted to download Sims, and I knew that the Clean Installer was supposed to make it easier to Install Sims onto the game for me, but now since I've recently just started playing, none of the downloaded Sims content are showing up in the slots that they should be. Their faces, bodies, and clothes are all missing! The hair, eyes and skin seem to show up and that's it. All that I have been downloading is just default hair before I did anything related to Sims. Is there anything I can do to fix this??? Please help! Thank you!

I realized it was just those Sims Conflicting with the game, not the Clean Installer, I'm so so sorry for putting everyone through my dumb decisions. But thank you for helping!

So sorry
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 30th Jun 2020 at 7:53 AM
First of all, where are you installing them?

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Scholar
#3 Old 30th Jun 2020 at 11:17 AM
Secondly, did we re-enable custom content after adding a new EP(s)?
Mad Poster
#4 Old 30th Jun 2020 at 2:01 PM
Re-enabled custom content, then restarted the game? (can't forget that step )

Also, remember to update mods to AL-compatible versions, because if you have a lot of mods/hacks you may experience weird bugs and sims jump-bugging all over the place once you've re-enabled custom content.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 30th Jun 2020 at 11:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
First of all, where are you installing them?

The Sims I am installing them through the Clean Installer, and it would do the magic and send the stuff to the downloads folder. If there is another explanation you would've needed I do not know what you meant
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 30th Jun 2020 at 11:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Chris Hatch
Secondly, did we re-enable custom content after adding a new EP(s)?

Does this mean it won't work with AL and FT since they were the latest EP's?? I really don't understand how it works sorry! Is there a way where I can do that?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 30th Jun 2020 at 11:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
Re-enabled custom content, then restarted the game? (can't forget that step )

Also, remember to update mods to AL-compatible versions, because if you have a lot of mods/hacks you may experience weird bugs and sims jump-bugging all over the place once you've re-enabled custom content.

OK! So how do I Re-enable custom content? I don't know how Some Sims did work with all EP's that I've read and I've been checking for that. So far, I've been only downloading just default replacements of hairs that came with each game. I haven't had any bugs happen but I wanna get a fresh start to everything to be sure.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#8 Old 30th Jun 2020 at 11:35 PM
Send the sims to the Saved Sims folder and look in CAS for them.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#9 Old 1st Jul 2020 at 12:20 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
Send the sims to the Saved Sims folder and look in CAS for them.

Okay so I'm attaching pictures of what I did. Is that how its supposed to look?? When I did that the Sims still didn't show up in the correct spot, the hair, makeup, and skin cc showed up but none of the clothes or custom faces did.
Screenshots
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#10 Old 1st Jul 2020 at 1:20 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Moname34
Okay so I'm attaching pictures of what I did. Is that how its supposed to look?? When I did that the Sims still didn't show up in the correct spot, the hair, makeup, and skin cc showed up but none of the clothes or custom faces did.

Where did you look for their custom made faces?

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#11 Old 1st Jul 2020 at 1:37 AM Last edited by simmer22 : 1st Jul 2020 at 1:52 AM.
This is your sim marked in red in the picture below. Face presets are the random 8x8 alphanumerical files, and there should be one in each sim download. If you make sims with Bodyshop, the files will show up in SavedSims.

"08digits_08digits.package" = sim preset
These sims show in CAS and Bodyshop, but not elsewhere (they don't randomly show in your neighborhoods). Also make sure you're checking the right age/gender. YA sims will only show up in Uni hoods, for instance.

You can safely move these files and all the rest of the CC downloaded sims comes with to Downloads (personally I prefer to put each sim in separate folders, because I've had them come with genetiiczed eyes/skins or clothes I didn't want to keep or wanted to edit, so it's a good way to keep them away from the rest of your CC until you've at least made sure what they come with isn't causing problems - but it's not a must).

(I'm 99.9% sure these files always show in Hex numericals, so it's 0-9 and A-F. Any other letters, and they may not be face presets. More or less than 8 digits in the back, and they also may not be face presets, but I have on extremely rare occasions seen Bodyshop spit out files with less than 8 digits in the last set of digits, so there could potentially be exceptions).
Screenshots
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 1st Jul 2020 at 1:42 AM Last edited by Borja20 : 1st Jul 2020 at 1:53 AM.
This may be a bit stupid, but check you are creating a sim of the same age and gender before checking if the one you downloaded is there. This happened to me with a downloaded sim that I thought was adult, but he was young adult, so he only appeared in the university CAS.

Also, maybe check if the sims appear in Body Shop. If they don't, it will most likely be a problem with the downloaded sim and not with your game.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#13 Old 1st Jul 2020 at 2:23 AM
Where did you look for their custom made faces?

SORRY! I did not mean faces I meant heads!
Screenshots
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#14 Old 1st Jul 2020 at 2:30 AM
It is not a head that shows up but an entire sim. Go back to number 1 then look along to where a group of sims stands (I think that is what the symbol is) over to the right, click that. I will open my game and take a screenshot.

~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#15 Old 1st Jul 2020 at 2:33 AM
It is not a head that shows up but an entire sim. Go back to number 1 then look along to where a group of sims stands (I think that is what the symbol is) over to the right, click that.

The Sim Bin that holds the custom sims doesn't have that sim and the clothing is also missing from the spot. I updated the original post. Before I upgraded to AL and FT the Heads would show up if you had the skin of the custom downloaded Sim. But it's completely gone!
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#16 Old 1st Jul 2020 at 3:07 AM
The sim will show in here (and make sure it's not a YA as will only show in the Uni CAS)
Clothes, hair, makeup etc does not always show up correctly on the sim in here, sometimes you have to reapply it from the category section.

Also, did you patch each of your new EP's?
Screenshots

~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#17 Old 1st Jul 2020 at 3:13 AM
The sim will show in here (and make sure it's not a YA as will only show in the Uni CAS)
Clothes, hair, makeup etc does not always show up correctly on the sim in here, sometimes you have to reapply it from the category section.

Also, did you patch each of your new EP's?

I did exactly what you have shown me! But I think with the specific sims I wanted to download they wouldn't show up traditionally. However when I did it with a different one it did. I think it just might have to be a trial and error type of thing now. I do not know how to patch my EP's if I must please show me how! The saved Sims folder was a new feature to me that I didn't use before so that might of also what have been what I was doing wrong as well. (Not saving them there..?)
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#18 Old 1st Jul 2020 at 3:20 AM
I did exactly what you have shown me! But I think with the specific sims I wanted to download they wouldn't show up traditionally. However when I did it with a different one it did. I think it just might have to be a trial and error type of thing now. I do not know how to patch my EP's if I must please show me how! The saved Sims folder was a new feature to me that I didn't use before so that might of also what have been what I was doing wrong as well. (Not saving them there..?)

MTS hosts all the patches and you need one for every EP and SP that you have, that has a patch. Seasons is especially important to fix the Ottomans and Critter families. Some stuff packs don't have a patch. Be sure to check for cd or DVD version and download the correct ones. make a folder and download all that pertains to you into that and save it. Then you have them again for a new reinstall. It's the downloading that takes a while, they are very quick to apply. https://modthesims.info/wiki.php?ti...elp:TS2_Patches

And you are using Clean Installer to install your sims? Have you deleted the cache files?

~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#19 Old 1st Jul 2020 at 3:59 AM
MTS hosts all the patches and you need one for every EP and SP that you have, that has a patch. Seasons is especially important to fix the Ottomans and Critter families. Some stuff packs don't have a patch. Be sure to check for cd or DVD version and download the correct ones. make a folder and download all that pertains to you into that and save it. Then you have them again for a new reinstall. It's the downloading that takes a while, they are very quick to apply. https://modthesims.info/wiki.php?ti...elp:TS2_Patches

And you are using Clean Installer to install your sims? Have you deleted the cache files?

Okay so I downloaded the patch for AL since thats the latest and last one I'll be doing. Where do I go to delete the cache files? Also what will that change when I delete them? It seems like my game is running faster..
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#20 Old 1st Jul 2020 at 6:34 AM
Okay so I downloaded the patch for AL since thats the latest and last one I'll be doing. Where do I go to delete the cache files? Also what will that change when I delete them? It seems like my game is running faster..

If you use CC and possibly even if you don't (will take longer is all) they become corrupted easily and stop the game laoding, they store information and can cause CC not to show up correctly.

They are inside your sims 2 folder under documents. If you have loaded body shop there will be two of those to delete as well, loose files outside the folders.

~Call me Jo~