Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th Jul 2020 at 6:06 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Registry entries for The Sims
I have uninstalled the Sims 2 and planning to reinstall, however it is not letting me reinstall, I believe because of entries in the Registry that make my computer think it is already installed. Deleted one group of entries under EA Games, Software, I think it was HK Local Machine but not sure. Pretty sure there are other entries but can't find them, anyone help me with that ????
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 27th Jul 2020 at 6:46 PM
I use CCleaner for that. The free version does a good job to clean up registry entries.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 27th Jul 2020 at 9:40 PM
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 28th Jul 2020 at 3:45 PM
Default registry entries
Quote: Originally posted by 310175
I use CCleaner for that. The free version does a good job to clean up registry entries.

Ran CCleaner 3 or 4 times and nothing removed that refers to The Sims, EA Games or Electronic Arts...., also ran RegEdit several times. Have looked thru the Software part of the Registry and nothing, where else would It be ???
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 28th Jul 2020 at 5:22 PM Last edited by Savagegrace : 5th Aug 2020 at 11:50 PM. Reason: Better understanding.
Greets SilverFox,

I answered this on your other thread before seeing this one, here ya go:

What I originally wrote was meant to be a guide, to show you where to look in the Registry.

I now consider it bad form on my part as I pointed to AppPaths without the clear understanding to delete ONLY Sims 2 keys.

So, if you know how to use Regedit, search for these keys and delete ONLY Sims 2 keys:

"EA GAMES", "App Paths" and "Maxis" should give you all that's needed to clean out the Registry.

Good Luck!

To roll your own, copy what's inside the lines, save as .txt, rename to .reg file. You're ready to go.

However, still do the 3 searches if you have a 32 bit system, mine is 64 bit.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[-HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\EA GAMES]

[-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Maxis]

[-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\EA GAMES]

[-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Electronic Arts]

[-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\App Paths\Sims2.exe]

[-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\App Paths\Sims2EP1.exe]

[-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\App Paths\Sims2EP2.exe]

[-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\App Paths\Sims2EP3.exe]

[-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\App Paths\Sims2EP4.exe]

[-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\App Paths\Sims2EP5.exe]

[-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\App Paths\Sims2EP6.exe]

[-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\App Paths\Sims2EP7.exe]

[-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\App Paths\Sims2EP8.exe]

[-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\App Paths\Sims2EP9.exe]

[-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\App Paths\Sims2SP1.exe]

[-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\App Paths\Sims2SP2.exe]

[-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\App Paths\Sims2SP4.exe]

[-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\App Paths\Sims2SP5.exe]

[-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\App Paths\Sims2SP6.exe]

[-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\App Paths\Sims2SP7.exe]

[-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\App Paths\Sims2SP8.exe]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

GS
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 5th Aug 2020 at 2:38 PM
Default Regedit entries
Quote: Originally posted by Savagegrace
Greets SilverFox,
I answered this on your other thread before seeing this one, here ya go:

Here are the Registry Keys where you'll find the Sims keys you'll need to delete:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\App Paths

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Maxis\The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\EA GAMES

For those on a 32-bit system, searching for "EA GAMES", "App Paths" and "Maxis" should give you all that's needed to clean out the Registry.

Good Luck!

GS

Thanks, that was a big help. Now I have another problem. Am installing the disc version, install an expansion pack and when complete and says checking to see if updated, log off computer and then log back in, will do main game, university, night life, open for business, and stuff packs and then Seasons...usually stop here and check it out and invariably it will say I have uninstalled university or open for business...how did I uninstall ???
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 6th Aug 2020 at 1:34 AM
Hey now SilverFox30,

I wouldn't stop or reboot till I installed them all.

Installing M&G last "might" fix the install.

Do you have a combo set?

I have Double Deluxe which had Night Life and Celebrations.

Which kind of screws up a logical 0 thru 9 install.

Not sure where I got it. It's from HugeLunatic via TwoJeffs.

But you might check to see if this helps in the order to install.
--------------------------------------------------------------
Game Engine
16 Jan, 2014 HugeLunatic
EP0 Sims 2
EP1 University
EP2 NightLife
EP3 Open for Business
SP1 Family Fun Stuff (OFB)
SP2 Glamour Life Stuff (OFB)
SP4 Celebration Stuff (OFB)
EP4 Pets
SP6 Teen Style Stuff (Pets)
EP5 Seasons
SP5 H&M (OFB)
EP6 Bon Voyage
EP7 Free Time
SP7 Kitchen & Bath Stuff (OFB)
SP8 IKEA Home Stuff (Pets)
EP8 Apartment Life 11-6
EP9 Mansion & Garden 12-6 (AL)

Credit to TwoJeffs for this list, I’m simply listing it here to find it again.

--------------------------------------------------------------

GS