Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st Aug 2020 at 3:21 AM Last edited by billabum : 22nd Aug 2020 at 10:29 AM. Reason: Solved

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default *SOLVED* Help! My game keeps crashing when loading a lot...
Hey, guys

I downloaded Panmine's Saints Penthouse HQ From Saints Row: The Third lot (https://modthesims.info/d/592933/sa...-the-third.html) and everytime I enter the lot to edit it the game crashes.

I was able to enter the lot a couple times without the game crashing however, the top floors on the lot disappear/become invisible when I zoom in or if the camera is at a certain angle?

I have The SCRIPTORIUM and Numenor's Custom Walls Repository & Index installed as per the install instructions mentioned on Panmine's lot so aside from what I mentioned there are no issues with CC included with the lot.

I am currently playing The Sims 2: Ultimate Collection and use Clean Installer to install all my CC.

Can some please help?
Advertisement
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#2 Old 21st Aug 2020 at 4:14 AM
You need the help board, this is the chatting board. https://www.modthesims.info/f/31/

Double-check first that you followed the special installation steps.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 21st Aug 2020 at 4:43 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
You need the help board, this is the chatting board. https://www.modthesims.info/f/31/

Double-check first that you followed the special installation steps.

Thank you, I will make another thread there.

I followed the steps mentioned and when I was able to enter the lot the CC was fine.

I tried removing the lot and re-installing it but it looks like I made things worse and now the game completely crashes when I enter it
Mad Poster
#4 Old 21st Aug 2020 at 3:26 PM
The lot looks quite large and heavy even if it seems to be CC-light. The multiple floors probably don't help. Are you sure your computer is capable of handling it? How is your game with large and/or heavy lots normally?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 22nd Aug 2020 at 4:13 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
The lot looks quite large and heavy even if it seems to be CC-light. The multiple floors probably don't help. Are you sure your computer is capable of handling it? How is your game with large and/or heavy lots normally?

Hi, Simmer22

Here are my computer specs:
Processor - Intel(R) Core (TM) i5-7500 CPU @ 3.40GHz
3.41 GHz
Installed RAM - 16.0 GB
System type - 64 bit OS, x64 based processor
1050ti GPU

I'm certain it should be fine to handle, the game runs a bit slow on larger lots normally I would say

What do you think?
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#6 Old 22nd Aug 2020 at 6:05 AM
So the 1050ti GPU is your graphics card? If that's the Nvidea that's fine -a lot of us have that.

What power supply do you have? I recently began to realize this part is often overlooked but can have a bigger impact on performance than many seem to realize.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 22nd Aug 2020 at 6:59 AM Last edited by billabum : 22nd Aug 2020 at 7:01 AM. Reason: spelling mistake
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
So the 1050ti GPU is your graphics card? If that's the Nvidea that's fine -a lot of us have that.

What power supply do you have? I recently began to realize this part is often overlooked but can have a bigger impact on performance than many seem to realize.

*UPDATE*
I downloaded the 4GB Patch and everything works fine now!

I can enter larger lots and load it, albeit with a bit of lag, without crashing anymore

Thanks for your input though. I was at my wits end with this issue but fortunately I was able to solve it with a simple fix